PDA

View Full Version : Lizardmen Doubles 1500, would this get slaughtered?

Slot
06-07-2009, 15:12
Ok, started entering the GW Doubles tournaments and we've started Lizardmen for next years round. We've started early because a: we've never played with them. b: we aim to compete in the best painted army trophy and need the time to work on them. The format is 750 each, min 1 hero and 1 core each up to the normal restrictions for a 1500pt army.

Question is... would this get pasted?

Force 1:
Skink chief + Steg war spear + Ancient Steg
13 Skink Skirmishers
4 Terradon riders
2 razordons
total 745

Force 2:
Skink Priest level 2 + engine + diadem + scroll
10 Skink Skirmishers
18 Saurus + spears + standard + musician
total 744

As long as it does fairly well, i'll be happy!

Cheers

Eulogy2
06-07-2009, 18:16
2 stegs in that low a point game is hit or miss. youll crush some, loose to others just as well.

dont forget your helmet either, cause your likely to catch something in the face.

Slot
07-07-2009, 11:46
So if i had to choose one of stegs to take, which one would be best in a game this size?

Also, what should i replace the other steg with? Cold Riders? More skinks/Saurus?

The Cowslayer
07-07-2009, 12:13
looks like a decent pair of lists to me. maybe try get one extra crew on the razordons (as you have 5 points left anyway). if anything, i would maybe drop a few saurus from the unit (a unit 12 is cheap and decent as well) and fit in some chameleons or more skink skirmishers.

SabaLoth
07-07-2009, 14:50
agree with the cowslayer.

chameleons are really great.

ps: which cowslayer are you(i play there every now and then)

Eulogy2
07-07-2009, 19:05
Id go with the EOTG given the choice. chameleons are good but the all the LM specials are, and they are probably the least effective choice. a unit of cold ones or skink/krox would do well for flanking with the saurus. and id still keep them at 18 strong.

Slot
07-07-2009, 19:59
@ Eulogy: if you had your way, what changes would you recommend? Different Steg?

In a tournament setting would a Scar veteran be useful for fighting, possibly with cold one and cold one riders?, or is an army with little combat units going to work as a whole?

Eulogy2
07-07-2009, 20:35
i dont have my book with me so my points may be off a bit here......but id stick with an EOTG with lvl 2 priest. thatll give you 5 power dice and 4 dispell. if magic worries you take the diadem of power for up to 6 dispell dice, but 4 is typically enough at 1500. if you do go diadem i probably wouldnt bother with the scroll.

i would probably take 1 razordon and 1 salamander instead of 2 razordons. sallies are "usually" better in most situations, and with panic can dominate a game with a few lucky shots here and there.

i think dropping the steg chief with spear will save about 400 points. you coudl either grab 5 cold ones with standard and scar vet with a sword of might/enchanted shield for a good save and str 6, or skip him and maybe grab another unit of 12 saurus with spears possibly. either way would be decent, though i personally perfer more units for the tactical flexability it gives you in game.

Slot
07-07-2009, 21:08
cheers for the advice!

Only one prob i can see is that i couldn't take both the razordon and salamander as we can only take one rare choice. I can see where your coming from as normally i play skaven and love having units to play with.

Eulogy2
07-07-2009, 21:17
ah, then i would personally go with sallies, unless you already know your opponents. i love both, but salamanders are more useful as a whole. its amazing how many models you can fit under a flame template.

Slot
07-07-2009, 21:46
Nice one. I only own the razordons and don't like the salamander models. I could just pait them a bit more fire like... or something :D

Having not played with Lizardmen at all yet. Are Chameleon skinks any good? 12pt t2 models seem expensive

Eulogy2
07-07-2009, 23:01
ive honestly only used them twice, and each time i knew my opponent would use a giant. the first game they killed the giant before it moved, the second game they killed it in turn 2 before it killed anything i had.

they can be very good, but are kinda situational. i find terradons to be more useful over all, specially with the drop rocks rules.

my specials are always full before i have room for them. in larger games i always have a slann/TG, cold ones are always useful, and same with terradons.

if the people you play arent too up-tight im sure they wont mind if you proxie the models as sallies if youd like to try them. the range with the sallies takes some getting use too so if you try them make sure you dont just have bad luck once and give up.