PDA

View Full Version : 2000pt City Garrison list - infantry only please

Time of Madness
06-07-2009, 17:23
Wanted to build an infantry based list with limited magic/monsters.

CHARACTERS

Dreadlord (general)
- Heavy armour/cloak/shield
- Hydra Blade
- Potion of Strength
- Pendant
= 255pts

Master (bsb)
- Great Weapon
- Armour of Darkness
- Ring of Hotek
= 159pts

CORE

20 Spearmen
- Full Command
- Shield
- Warbanner
= 180pts

20 Spearmen
- Full Command
- Shield
= 155pts

20 Spearmen
- Full Command
- Shield
= 155pts

10 Crossbowmen
- Musician
- Shields
= 115pts

10 Crossbowmen
- Musician
- Shields
= 115pts

5 Harpies
= 55pts

5 Harpies
= 55pts

SPECIAL

18 Black Guard
***Lord/master here***
- Full Command
- Banner of Hag Graef
= 304pts

7 Shades
- Great Weapons
= 126pts

7 Shades
- Great Weapons
= 126pts

RARE

2 Bolt Throwers
= 200pts

TOTAL POINTS = 2000pts

Models in army - 130

This list features four big blocks of infantry supported by lots of fire power (x-bows/shades/bolt throwers).

The harpies and the shades will annoy/harrass while the rest of my list approaches the enemy.

The x-bows/bolt throwers will hang back and shoot. Overall I feel it is very balanced and fair.
Time of Madness

Slayerthane
06-07-2009, 19:37
Is this army restricted to the list in the Chapter approved from 2003 (I think that's the one), or is this built based on the new army book? If it's based on the new book, I'd get some assasins for those blocks of spearmen.

Violadudester
06-07-2009, 20:32
Is this army restricted to the list in the Chapter approved from 2003 (I think that's the one), or is this built based on the new army book? If it's based on the new book, I'd get some assasins for those blocks of spearmen.

Definitely not the Chapter Approved list, as that was from 6th edition. But I agree with Slayer, get at least one assassin to boost the cc potential of your list.

I would suggest soul render for your lord rather than a hydra blade/PoS. You'll always have 4 st.6 attacks with a -4 AS, always striking first. Much better and economic imo.

Drop one unit of warriors and boost the others to 25 strong. I dunno, I can see your reasoning fluff wise for not taking a sorceress scroll caddy, but I am sure that a city garrison would have something along the lines of a representative from a local coven or even a simple seer to accompany the Dreadlord's entourage, that would support the force to battle (level 1 only of course). Even with the ring, I feel your list will suffer from enemy magic for a turn or two till the aura gets in range.

Shades are nice, but they are not RBT's. One unit is fine, but two becomes a problem especially if your opponent is also using scouts, or if terrain is sparse and hiding places become hard to come by. I would try and stick one more RBT in there as you are limiting yourself composition wise by not taking certain elite units (save BG) in your list.