PDA

View Full Version : 2250 Night Goblins

minionboy
06-07-2009, 20:08
Okay, so my friend and I are splitting up 4 starter sets and I'd like to make something decent out of my horde of NG's. Here's my first attempt at a somewhat decent list with the little gits:

HEROES:
Skarsnik
Night Goblin Shaman: Level 2, Staff of Sneaky Stealin'
Night Goblin Shaman: Level 2, 2 Dispel Scrolls
Night Goblin Big Boss: BSB, Rowdy Grott's Big Red Raggedy Banner, Light Armor

CORE:
30 Night Goblins: HW & S, Netters, 2 Fanatics, Full Command
20 Night Goblins: Short Bows
20 Night Goblins: Short Bows
5 Forest Goblin Spider Riders: Musician
5 Forest Goblin Spider Riders: Musician

10 Night Goblin Squig Hoppers
4 Night Goblin Squig Herds (8 handlers, 12 squigs)
2 Spear Chuckas
2 Spear Chuckas

1 Giant
1 Giant

Total: 2249
164 models
6 PD and 5 DD

The second giant was added in because I couldn't find anything better with the 206 extra points I had. That could easily be swapped out for anything else rare or core.

Cheers!

rtunian
06-07-2009, 22:38
pretty good, as far as ng lists go, some minor things...

you have 6 PD + 1 bound from skar, so i think that if you want to have magic, you should at least drop the raggedy banner on your bsb and give your bsb nibbla's itty ring and a magic weapon. even still, you will not be getting a ton of magic through. if you really wanted to magic it up, you could replace the bsb with another lv2 shaman with the itty ring

you don't need more than 7 hoppers in the unit

about the herds, imo it's a liability unless you screen them, or put them on the far flank. us20 of t3 w/ no as is just so easy to panic, ya know? you might be better off with a second group of hoppers.

Jind_Singh
06-07-2009, 22:38
spear chukas are all fine and well but I really like the added punch of a rock lobber - once you start guessing the ranges trhey really pay off.
giants are also a good laugh but I wonder if 2 snottling wagons would be better? 2D6 str 4 impact hits are prettty solid, and then use the other giant as a bullet magnet.
I'd also look at adding bows to the spider riders, and have at least 3-4 units of them, trusat me they are excellent! the bows really work well with them to as you'll occasionally get the odd hit here and there - plus it's fun to see them topple the occasional foe!
Otherwise you got a pretty solid NG horde - just dont expect to much in close combat!!!

rtunian
06-07-2009, 22:41
2 giants is the better choice for an ng list. ng needs the power, the threat, and the reliability that giants provide. ng's are already very reliant on good rolls, with the fanatics, the squigs, and the low ld, replacing the giants with pump wagons (even 1 of them, because you need 2 giants when you have no other shooting targets) will dramatically weaken the list

minionboy
11-07-2009, 03:20
Okay, just a couple changes.

HEROES:
Skarsnik
Night Goblin Shaman: Level 2, Staff of Sneaky Stealin'
Night Goblin Shaman: Level 2, 2 Dispel Scrolls
Night Goblin Big Boss: BSB, Rowdy Grott's Big Red Raggedy Banner, Light Armor

CORE:
21 Night Goblins: Short Bows
21 Night Goblins: Short Bows
5 Forest Goblin Spider Riders: Musician, Bows
5 Forest Goblin Spider Riders: Musician, Bows

7 Night Goblin Squig Hoppers
25 Night Goblin Squig Herd (10 handlers, 15 squigs)
2 Spear Chuckas
2 Spear Chuckas

1 Giant
1 Giant

Total: 2250
184 models
6 PD and 5 DD

grumbaki
11-07-2009, 03:39
Looks scary as hell to me! I play a knight heavy list, so perhaps that is part of it. But yeah, I'd happily play against it (it is very fluffy), but I'd do so with a heavy heart. ;)