PDA

View Full Version : My Dwarf Army list (based on the reclamation of Karak Eight Peaks)

xpo50
07-07-2009, 04:49
Ok so I based my army around the army lead by Belegar Lunnson and Duregar to reclaim Karak Eight Peaks. The melee troops are mostly special units, while my core choices are mostly shooty.
Here goes:
Lords and Heroes:

Lord Belegar Lunnson: King of Karak Eight Peaks (Dwarf Lord)
Shieldbearers (25 pts)
Rune Armour: Rune of Resistance, Rune of Stone (30 pts)
Rune Axe: MR of Alaric the Mad, Rune of Cleaving (80 pts)
Total: 280 pts

Lord Duregar, Standard Bearer (Dwarf Thane)
Rune Armour: MR of Gromril, Rune of Shielding (50 pts)
Total: 140 pts

Snorri the Runesmith
Great Weapon
Runic Talisman: MR of Balance, Rune of Spellbreaking
Total: 149 pts

Total Lords and Heroes: 569 pts
Core troops:

16 Dwarf Warriors
Full Command
Shields
Total:169 pts

10 Thunderers
Full Command
Total:165 pts

10 Quarrellers
Shields
Full Command
Total: 145 pts

Total Core: 479 pts

Special Troops

15 Hammerers w/ Lord Attached
Full Command
Shields
Runic Standard: Rune of Battle
Total: 235 pts

15 Ironbreakers
Full Command
Runic Standard: R of Stoicism, R of Battle
Total: 275 pts

10 Slayers
Full Command
Total:143 pts

1 Cannon
Engineer
Rune of Forging
Total: 135 pts

Total Special: 788 pts

Rare Troops

1 Organ Gun
Total: 120 pts

TOTAL ARMY: 1956 pts

If you have any suggestions for how i could change this list please feel free, dont be afraid to call me names and be wholly critical

xpo50
07-07-2009, 05:13
hello? anyone there?

AFoolProofPlan
07-07-2009, 07:02
I'm not too fond of the MroAlaric. It's nice against Knights, and Chaos Warriors.
But you should be able to beat most knights with static CR anyways. If you face a lot of good armour saves, then go for it.

Also, where are the Characters going?
Any unit that won't have a character can stand to lose the unit champ. Unit champ helps out as extra wound for your character if you come up against a challenge monkey. But otherwise, you're just paying 10 pts for an extra attack on a guy that dies just as easily as any other guy in the unit.

On shooters, I'd personally drop all command models. They shouldn't get into combat in the first place. And if they do, they should be there for support charges. In which case, it doesn't make a huge difference whether you have the command or not.

Slayer doesn't need any banner, or musician. They're unbreakable, so musician is useless, and banner is just extra point for your opponent to grab. You could take 2 giant slayers though. Forcing your opponent into choosing between Giant Slayers or Troll slayers.

Hammerers can use a RoDetermination, so they take break tests on D6 for a turn. Basically making them unbreakable for a turn.

Cannon doesn't need an engineer. If you roll two misfires, and 1 on the misfire chart, all in a row. Then well...it was probably meant to happen.

Warriors could use a bit more guys. They are only getting 2 rank bouns, and probably will be outnumbered. So you're only getting 3 static CRs.
Ironbreakers will probably fare bit better, seeing their more elite and all. But they could use couple more lads.

Anyways, that's what I got...for what it's worth.

xpo50
07-07-2009, 14:10
Ok thanks for the input, I know that some of my units are a little small, but I simply dont have the models right now to increase their size, so next time i get around to buying some ill make sure to think of it.
Im still uncertain of where I want to put my characters, so I didnt specify but they will be in units.
You're right about the engineer, ill cut him.
Well with all the point cuts I can afford to add guys to my units, thanks for the advice.

xpo50
07-07-2009, 18:02
gjdshfjshfjks