PDA

View Full Version : Skaven?.....?

Jimbobjeff
03-01-2006, 15:56
Ok I just bought the skaven army book and im starting an army of them (never..) but I have a few questions.

1. in the magic items list when it says clan eshin only for example does that mean it is only available to the varient lists at the back or can the appropriate characters from the main list take them as well? eg can an assasin take the cloak of shadows in a normal list?

2.what do throwing stars do? I cant find the rules for them anywhere (Could someone pm me the rules if it isnt against the rules?)

thanks in advance and remember... we dont exist.....

SuperBeast
03-01-2006, 16:09
Throwing stars are, I believe, covered in the weapons section of the WFB Rulebook.

As for the usage of the magic item, at the time of writing the Skaven book the appendix lists (in this case, clan-specific) were unofficial and "opponent's permission only", so they wouldn't have put them in.

So normal characters of some description MUST be able to take them.
IIRC, the Skaven bestiary is split into sections for each clan - so if a character appears in the clan Eshin bestiary, then you can take them.

Hopefully however, someone has an official wording or clarification for this with page references... :(

Griefbringer
03-01-2006, 16:13
1.) Assassin is clan Eshin, so he can take "clan Eshin only" magic items in the main list (as could night and gutter runners too, if they had an option for magic items, since they are also clan Eshin troops).

2.) For throwing star rules, see BRB page 92.