PDA

View Full Version : Dogs of War with Kislev Allies: 2000 pts

Slayerthane
07-07-2009, 15:31
I am putting together a kislev themed Dogs of War army and this is what I will be able to field with the units I have converted/assembled so far.

Mercenary General, Barded Warhorse, heavy armor, enchanted shield, sword of might

Lvl 2 Wizard (Lore of Fire), Dispel Scroll, Powerstone
145 (can hide in duellists)

Lvl 2 Wizard (Lore of Beasts), Dispel Scroll, Powerstone
145 (can hide in duellists)

Boyar, Barded Warhorse, Heavy armor, shield, biting blade
120 (goes with kossars)

Boyar, Barded Warhorse, Heavy armor, shield, Sword of Battle
135 (goes with kossars)

Core

23 Kossars with Full command

23 Kossars with Full command
(Boyars make both these units stubborn)

6 Heavy Cavalry, Heavy armor, shield, lance, barded warhorse, champion, musician
156 (Mercenary General goes here)

8 Duellists with pistols

8 Duellists with pistols

6 Winged Lancers, champion, musician

Special

6 Gryphon legion, Champion, musician

Rare

Cannon

Cannon

Total 1984

6 PD
4 DD, 2 dispel scrolls

I plan on converting units of pikemen, ogres and Bearmen of Urso as well, but for now this is what I have to play with.

My question is, would this list be friendly to play against? I like cavalry but i realize that the core choices for the Dogs of War army are the minimum.

Slayerthane
09-07-2009, 06:58
So can I assume from the lack of responses that this is a pretty friendly list that people would enjoy playing against? I don't play tourneys, just interested in friendly games.

Freman Bloodglaive
09-07-2009, 10:43
Are DW still a legal list?

BigRob
09-07-2009, 11:07
The Kossars will be taken apart by anyone with missile weapons. Minimal/no armour combined with only having bows (range 24" S3) means crossbows/longbows will out range you and handguns etc will be more powerful. Template weapons only add to your pain. The small cavalry units will also suffer from shooting and will struggle to deal with ranked infantry.

No one will tell you this list is overpowered, its an interesting one, alot of people who play DoW these days rely on the Albion characters as a major crutch to support themselves and play magic gunlines.

Good Luck

Slayerthane
09-07-2009, 14:39
I was thinking of fielding a truthsayer but I wanted to field a pair of cannons instead although for a 3K list I will definitely add one. Kossars are meant to serve primarily as stubborn infantry blocks with the boyars. I did some math-hammer and I agree with you that kossar shooting is sub par at best and would get ripped apart by DE xbows and handguns. I still think it could work in situations where the kossars don't get ripped apart by shooting before making it into close combat. The one thing about them is that they were at least half decent missile troops in 6th ed. and can do some damage in CC but for 7th ed. they are probably under-powered. I realize that Dogs of War armies are also dying a slow death in warhammer, but I've always been a fan of underdog armies. I have also always wanted to do a fluffy, non-empire Kislevite list as the closest proxy to a standalone Kislevite army.