PDA

View Full Version : Vampire counts 2000points,

Mullitron
07-07-2009, 16:38
Well as the title suggests its a vampire army list. After seeing the sartosan vampire model i was tempted to start an army with the model in it and so i quickly put together this list. Iam aware its got alot of points in characters tho a few sources tell me this is quite normal for vampire counts. Any advice or suggestions on how to improve the list or how to get rid of the one point iam over the 2k limit. Thanks.

Vampire Lord
Extra magic level
Dark Acolyte
Lord of the dead
forbidden lore
The flayed hauberk
blood drinker
Black periapt

Vampire
avatar of death (two hand weapons)
dark acolyte
dispel magic scroll

Vampire
lord of the dead
dark acolyte
tomb blade
dispel magic scroll

14 skeletons
full command

14 skeletons
full command

14 skeletons
full command

5 dire wolves 40

5 dire wolves 40

5 dire wolves 40

20 grave guard
full command

3 fell bats 60

vargulf 175

3 cairn wraiths
tomb banshee

TOTAL: 2001

Yrrdead
07-07-2009, 19:14
I'd ditch the tomb blade off of Vamp #3. Also think that blood drinker is a waste on your lord. Great item but to get its points you need to have your lord in combat which for a "caster" lord with zero protection from kb or poison seems a little risky. Nor do I see any unit that I would want to use it on in your list.

Are the 3 units of wolves for flank assist on the skellie units? Just curious as I have rarely used wolves myself other than screening.

Anyway with the pts saved on those two magic items you could grab another unit of 3 fell bats for a second unit of march blockers and still be 4pts under 2k. Honestly a pretty tame VC list imo. By tame I mean , no blood or black knights, no helm , no banners.

Oh and you could also trim pts on forbidden lore as well. Unless this is a generic list in which case being able to choose your lore based on opponent is pretty good. Hope this helps.

Mullitron
07-07-2009, 20:50
Thanks for the tips, from your advice ill drop the two swords for the additional fell bats and replace the forbidden lore with helm of commandment. Would it then be a good idear to replace the third wolf unit for banner of the burrows for the grave guard?

In reply to your question, ive never palyed with vamps before however i was planning on using the wolves as screening primarily and as flankers if the oppertunity arises.

zeekill
08-07-2009, 15:16
OK... nothing has protection... this is bad. You need to give your vamps an armor save by all means! Also, Blood Knights. Pick any type of unit, they will charge into its front and rip it to shreds within seconds. This is what I would suggest as a change for the entire list.

Vampire Lord - You dont need lvl 4, the most you will be casting on is 4 dice at any time, take an extra 2 Dice instead. Also the Skull Staff will serve you well. Its a +1 to any spell, including IoN on your Skeletons, meaning that you woill be getting a +2 to heal your skeleton units. Your opponent has a problem when you roll a 3 to cast and it becomes a 5. Or when a 6 becomes an 8!
Extra magic level
Master of the Black Arts
Lord of the dead
forbidden lore
The flayed hauberk
Skull Staff

Vampire - This alternate build gives you a 2+ armor save and makes you mounted with a lance ready to join your blood knights. The Book is a MUST. People might not see it coming and you will get that charge off more times than not using Vanhel's Dance. I know you sacrifice a Wizard Level But its worth it.
Dread Knight
Infinite Hatred
Book of Arkhan

Vampire - With no save of any kind you dont want this guy in combat. I would say leave the raising for the Lord and take avatar of Death at least. You dont need the tomb blade, its just not as useful as it seems to be.
dark acolyte
dispel magic scroll

14 skeletons
full command

14 skeletons
full command

I took out one unit of skeletons, they wont do you much good when you can just summon zombies.

5 dire wolves 40

5 dire wolves 40

I took out one unit of wolves also, trust me 2 is enough

20 grave guard
full command

3 fell bats 60

vargulf 175

5 Blood Knights -This is a good build, always take the Flag of Blood Keep as the Blood Knights can still get wreaked by some shooting without that 4+ ward, such as the Ratling Guns
Standard
Flag of Blood Keep

TOTAL = 1902, allowing you to toss around another 100 points for something like some banners for your grave guard and another item for your 2nd and 3rd Vampires, most likely the black periapt. (BTW the Black Periapt adds the extra dispel dice to your power dice POOL, so anyone will be able to use it!

Yrrdead
08-07-2009, 16:53
Zeekill - Still need a 3rd core for 2k+.

Mullitron
08-07-2009, 17:00
Ok from the advice you have suggested ive put this list together, i wasnt able to remove the third unit of skelies because then i would be under the minimum core requirements. But is this any better?

Vampire Lord
Extra magic level
Master of the Black Arts
forbidden lore
The flayed hauberk
helm of commandment

Vampire
avatar of death (hand weapon and
shield)
dark acolyte
dispel magic scroll

vampire
dread knight
book of arkhan
infinite hatred

14 skeletons
full command

14 skeletons
full command

14 skeletons
full command

5 dire wolves 40

5 dire wolves 40

3 fell bats 60

3 fell bats 60

20 grave guard
full command

5 blood knights
musician
standard
flag of blood keep

Total: 2001

taffeh
08-07-2009, 20:42
Also the Skull Staff will serve you well. Its a +1 to any spell, including IoN on your Skeletons, meaning that you woill be getting a +2 to heal your skeleton units.

It's a 3 up to cast, always, no less... 1 and 2 always fail, pg 107 - Fantasy rulebook :(