PDA

View Full Version : 2000pts mortal chaos

the_night_reaper
03-01-2006, 17:43
This a khorne slaanesh mix army.

Heros:571pts

Exalted champion: MoCU, enchanted shield, biting blade, gaze of the gods, daemonic mount-200pts
(goes solo)

Aspiring champion: MoCU, great weapon, shield, Helm of many Eyes-121pts
(joins marauders)

Chaos sorceror: MoS, lvl2 magic-140pts
Chaos sorceror: MoCU, lvl2 magic-120pts

Core: 1098pts

5 chosen knights: full command, MoK-320pts
10 chaos warriors: Champion, shields, MoK-207
(will be used as a "detachement" for the marauders)
Chariot: MoK-150pts
15 marauders: full command, light armour, shields-130pts
5 marauder horsemen: flails, musician-81pts
5 chaos hounds-30pts
5 chaos hounds-30pts

Special: 255pts

10 daemonettes-150pts
7 furies-105pts

Rare: 75pts

Spawn of chaos: fiend of slaanesh-75pts

1999pts
69 models
6 power dice
8 dispel dice

I'd say it has a decent magic phase, it's fast and fairly hard-hitting. I have 3 waves that I intend on using: knights and horsemen, daemonettes and chariots, warriors and marauders.

I know that frenzied chariots are risky but they're going to be shielded by the hounds and if they charge together at the same target (which I fully intend to do!) I'd get 6+2d6 S5 attacks! and 4 S4 attacks! That's a lot of death right their.

he only problem I see with the list is that I'll have trouble daling with big things like treemen, greater daemons, giants and dragons. So I was wondering if it would be worth it to drop the spawn, daemonettes and mark of the slaanesh sorceror to get a hell canon. I love the look of the model, the phychological effect and the overall carnage and death it causes.

Any help/ suggestions/ comments are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Neknoh
03-01-2006, 21:57
Well, a second spawn is a must, taking an aspiring champion over an Exalted is a no-no and the Mark of Khorne on your Chariots is very risky.

I'd also reckomend you to bump those warriors to a unit of 16 and use your Daemonettes as a "detatchment" for your Marauders, they have more attacks at the same strength and don't risk failing a psychology test, ever.

Also, to have your exalted go off solo with no better weapon than a Biting Blade is simply stupid, give him a Hallberd and let him chase after some fast cav or skirmishers, though I'd advice you to still keep the Enchanted Shield if he'd need it in combat.

Another two Daemonettes to your unit to allow you to reform into three lines of four if needed instead of two lines of six for flanking.

I'd also drop the chosen status from your Knights, the mark of Khorne does almost the same thing to them, use the new points to bump your 15 Marauders to 20 (don't ever swap a marauder for a character, let the marauder hang back and form his own back rank which will be removed without loosing any static CR instead of having a single marauder killed and you loose one point of CR

archysucks_Hail_Crom
04-01-2006, 11:55
Exalted champion: MoCU, enchanted shield, biting blade, gaze of the gods, daemonic mount-200pts
(goes solo)
**Solo is not the best option for this guy as anything he engages will simply attack the steed getting 2 wounds outnumbering and probably having a std. and ranks. so youll be down by atleast 5 CR. Give him a cahriot killing GW put him on a normal steed and put him in your knights. Making your other exalted your general (read below)as he will have to have MoK.

Aspiring champion: MoCU, great weapon, shield, Helm of many Eyes-121pts
(joins marauders)
**ALWAYS take the exalted give him a scroll if your not keen on your sorcerers having one.

Chaos sorceror: MoCU, lvl2 magic-120pts
**give one power familiar and the other either 2 scrolls or skull of Katam

**I happen to dislike MoK knights but if your sold on the idea give them the Banner of Rage. And if you follow my chariot advice you'll have proper screens for them in the warhounds. I gotta say agian though ANY decent general is just going to bait these.

10 chaos warriors: Champion, shields, MoK-207
(will be used as a "detachement" for the marauders)
**I like the detachment idea I have seen it used to great effect against most armies but I find it finiky could just be my style though. this unit could definately due with a musc. and great weapons. If they were meant to charge an engaged unit then it won't matter that they strike last. Also after dropping the Daemons you should be able to afford chosen on them it would be worth while.

**Please take off the MoK it is nothing but trouble just add MoTzeentch now you just spent 40 pts. total for 2 PD.

**You need to pump this unit to 20-25

**GREAT unit I always take them

5 chaos hounds-30pts
5 chaos hounds-30pts
**great screens/fanatic drawers but I really think they will get shot and then your chariots will be led to the woods by flyers. Please follow the chariot advice.

10 daemonettes-150pts
**probably the single worst daemons ever I have been striving for 2 years to find a reason to use them and quite frankly I still can't find one.

7 furies-105pts
**fantastic always include them

Spawn of chaos: fiend of slaanesh-75pts
** Spawns really do suck even the ones that can keep up with your army like this one. just shoot the damn thing with no armor it begs to die without ever seeing combat.

So that's about it.

the_night_reaper
05-01-2006, 05:09
Thanks for the help but I have no idea of where to get the points or all that stuff.
A few changes I was thinking of, wondering what you guys think about them is drpping the furies, daemonettes and spawn to get a hellcannon, upgrade my aspiring champion to an exalted, bump up the warriors to 12 men and add another marauder.

also here are somethings that I'd like to have or not have:

-no more than a 16 man marauder unit and 1 or 2 units of marauder horsemen because I HATE painting marauders! I just do, don't call me a newbie for not liking to paint something please.
-I want to use the archaon model but I guess I could mount him on a normal cav base somehow (I've seen it done in a WD battle report I could tell you the issue if anyone needs it).
-When I play I swear by my chosen knights, they've never done me wrong (except I was playing rather badly one game and got a single bolt shot in the
flank:mad: )
-I also don't want to buy any more hounds because although they are a helpful unit, I'm spending more money than points on them and that's not right.

Again any suggestions/comments are appreciated!

Neknoh
05-01-2006, 10:09
ASHC: You are forgetting that his Exalteds cannot take arcane itmes, nor can they join the unit of Khornate knights.

As for dropping the Daemonettes and Spawn, that's all good, if you don't have a use for them, they can easely be dropped.

However, dropping the Furies is NOT a god idea, you NEED them to take on your enemy.

As for hating to paint Marauders, what I suggest you to do is to take a Monster Base (50x50 mm, the one you get with archy for instance) and model something like a sacrificial altar to Khorne or something, then, that unit actually gets the same size as a unit of 20, of course, tell your opponent beforehand that the unit is made up of 20, if he asks why you did it, simply tell him that you hate to paint Marauders.
But, do the scenic piece good and in the theme of the rest of your army.

But, in dropping the Daemonettes, you must get yourself a new unit with the Mark of Slaanesh, might I suggest putting it on the Warriors? Greatweapons, Musician an Mark of Slaanesh will ensure that they hit the flanks of their enemies, and that they NEVER run away from shooting or magic (which actually can happen on Undivided, but that's rarely).

And, you should try to get more Chaos Hounds, seeing as you only have two main infantry blocks, you might want to try and lead your opponent astray.

The Marauder Horsemen is a good idea.

If you still, by some miracle, have the points for a Hellcannon, I say go for it.

Flypaper
05-01-2006, 11:36
Everyone's made all the obvious points (and I really like Neknoh's idea for bulking out the marauders!) - I just thought I'd point out @

Hallberd and let him chase after some fast cav or skirmishers, though I'd advice you to still keep the Enchanted Shield if he'd need it in combat.
...Doesn't really work as you have to use the magic item, and consequently can't use the two-handed halberd.

archysucks_Hail_Crom
05-01-2006, 11:54
as he will have to have MoK.

forgot about the arcaneness;)

TO the list!

L&H=674
Exalted champion:MoK
GW gaze of the gods,
steed

Exalted champion:
MoCU, great weapon,
Helm of many Eyes

Chaos sorceror:
MoS, lvl2 magic-
power fam.

Chaos sorceror:
MoCU, lvl2 magic-120pts
skull of katam or scrolls your choice:skull:

Core=1268
5 chosen knights:
full command, MoK
Banner of rage
(again against my better judgement but meh if your gonna do it do it right)

10 chaos warriors
Champion,Chosen, GW, MoK

Chariot: MoT

Chariot: MoT

25 marauders:
full command,
light armour, shields

81pts
5 marauder horsemen:
flails, musician-

5 chaos hounds-30pts
5 chaos hounds-30pts

Special-105
7 furies-105pts

Total 2047
I leave the fine tuning to you but I would drop one unit of the hounds and 2 marauders 3 if your opponent is a whiner.

Neknoh
05-01-2006, 12:12
Actually, he doesn't have to use a magical piece of ARMOUR in combat, only magic WEAPONS are required to be used, so, he can swap between the shield and the hallberd

archysucks_Hail_Crom
05-01-2006, 12:26
touchie which is english for touche'

Neknoh
05-01-2006, 12:32
as_H-C: He cannot include a Sorceror with the mark of Slaanesh in his new list, as he doesn't have any unit with the Mark of Slaanesh

archysucks_Hail_Crom
05-01-2006, 13:53
AH DAMN TH LOGIC SWAP A mOt FOR A mOS

the_night_reaper
05-01-2006, 20:16
Thanks for the replies I'll have a revised list up soon!

the_night_reaper
07-01-2006, 02:21
I revised the list using your ideas and some of my own too!

Heros:623pts

Exalted champion: MoCU, enchanted shield, biting blade, gaze of the gods, daemonicmount-200pts
(goes solo)

Exalted champion: MoK, add. Hand weapon, great weapon-143pts
(joins marauders)

Core: 1106pts

12 chaos warriors: full command, shields, MoK-249
Chariot: MoS-130pts
Chariot: MoS-130pts
5 chaos hounds-30pts
5 chaos hounds-30pts

Rare: 270pts

Hellcannon: 270pts

There’s the new and hopefully improved list. You may notice my khornate exalted champion has a great weapon and 2 hand weapons. This is mainly because I had 5 points left over and didn’t know what do with them but it also serves a tactial purpose. If I’m fighting a big monster, chariot or heavily armoured knights or infantry I can use the great weapon, and if I’m fighting normal ranked infantry I’ll use the 2 hand weapons. He will be joining the marauder unit to help them win combats and they probably will with the extra kills he’ll be providing.

I dropped the spawn furies and daemonettes for the hell cannon and other minor upgrades like full command on the warriors who will no longer be used as a “detachment”, and upgrading my aspiring champion into an extremely killy exalted champion of khorne.

I dropped the MoK on the chariot in favour of MoS mostly so that I can use the sorceror but also to free up some points.

Plz comment, I feel this army is far from ready!

Latro
07-01-2006, 10:05
... just a quick comment:

At the moment you have an army that wants to get into some serious combat as soon as possible ... and by doing just that it prevents your very expensive daemonic cannon from shooting effectively (unless you want to hit your own troops).

:cool:

Neknoh
07-01-2006, 11:46
Yeah, the Hellcannon can surely be used, however, I do believe the points spent on it could be better used to bump your Marauders and your Warriors, especially seeing as now, you have a unit of warriors that want to go fighting and killing, you might need that extra CR and durabillity