PDA

View Full Version : Attempt at 1k dark elves

Horus0001
07-07-2009, 19:22
Hello there

After having only played with Chaos mortals for the past 3 years ive decided its time for a little change of scene. Therefore im attempting to make a dark elf list that will be fairly decent in 1k games, giving me time to get used to the differences between them and the current warriors of chaos setup, and expandable into a 1999 point list in the near future.

The first list ive constructed is as follows:

Heroes

Master : 127
Master: Great Weapon, Heavy armour, Sea dragon cloak, pendant of khaeleth

Sorceress: 135
Sorceress: level 2 upgrade

Core

Dark Elf Warriors: 190
25 warriors: shields, full command

Repeater Crossbowmen: 100
10 crossbowmen

Dark riders: 117
5 Dark riders: musician, repeater crossbows

Harpies: 55
5 harpies

Special

Cold one Knights: 175
5 Knights: full command

Rare

Repeater Bolt thrower: 100
1 bolt thrower

Total: 999

What i am concerned about is that i may be over rating shooting a bit, but i am trying to steer away from the hydra+manticore 1k setup as the lists going to be expanded on rather than re-written for 1999/2k games.

Lord Dan
07-07-2009, 19:42
Looks like a solid all-comers list. I don't think you're overrating shooting here, nor do I think DE shooting is necessarily something that can be overrated.

Violadudester
07-07-2009, 21:32
Yeah it looks great dude. You have a really solid first 1k of Druchii to expand upon, and I think the amount of shooting in the list is non-issue.

Eulogy2
07-07-2009, 23:24
i ran a very similar 1250 list in 4 games last weekend. the only real difference was i don't have dark riders or harpies yet, so i went with 6 shades with great weapons and a cold one chariot and i also had a small unit of 12 black guard. i beat a balanced dwarf army twice and a fairly good VC army twice as well, though one was very close. i think your off to a solid start with that list and agree that you haven't overdone the shooting

Lord Dan
08-07-2009, 05:19
How did the 12-man block of Black Guard do for you, Eulogy?

Dark14
08-07-2009, 06:02
i would lose the spears and riders for corsairs there much more solid. fill the extra points with darkstar cloak and a few xbowmen. More shooting better magic and combat. :)

Eulogy2
08-07-2009, 12:05
How did the 12-man block of Black Guard do for you, Eulogy?

i honestly wasnt very impressed. the only real reason i took 12 was because its all the models i have at the moment. but i got em in with dwarf long beards and everyround was near draw. str 4 on "elite" infantry just doesnt go very far really. and they die so easily with T3 and a 5+ save.

Horus0001
13-07-2009, 14:47
After comments here im pretty happy with what ive set up. However im curious to see how corsairs do, luckily i have 20 of them lying arround (doubt they work as a ranked up unit though). Debating whether its better to have 2 ranks from the spears hitting or the 2 attacks per corsair.

Eulogy2
13-07-2009, 18:00
i would think corsairs would do better for flank attacks just because the spearmen only get one rank of attacks on the charge, where as corsairs will always have 2 attacks each.

gorenut
13-07-2009, 19:03
Corsairs seem to work best either set in a wide frontage with the Sea Serpent Banner (I usually run em in a unit of 7x2). Even better if you have the Cauldron of Blood.

Or as 10-man small units with handbows protecting more expensive units like Blackguards or Executioners. Aside from those 2 applications.. seems like Warriors are just better due to their low cost.