PDA

View Full Version : 1999 pts WoC Tourny

Gounta
08-07-2009, 00:19
Heya,just wanted to get some thoughts on this list,it aint until Nov so I got plenty of time to mess around with it=)

***Edited List***

1999 Pts - Warriors of Chaos Army

1 Chaos Sorcerer of Nurgle @ 206 Pts
Mark of Nurgle; General; Magic Level 2; Chaos Armour; Barding
Infernal Puppet [35]
Talisman of Protection [15]

1 Barded Chaos Steed @ [0] Pts

1 Chaos Sorcerer of Tzeentch @ 220 Pts
Mark of Tzeentch; Magic Level 2; Chaos Armour
Bloodcurdling Roar [20]
Golden Eye of Tzeentch [25]
Enchanted Shield [15]

1 Disc of Tzeentch @ [0] Pts

1 Chaos Sorcerer of Nurgle @ 171 Pts
Mark of Nurgle; Magic Level 1; Chaos Armour; Barding
Dispel Scroll [25]
Dispel Scroll [25]

1 Barded Chaos Steed @ [0] Pts

22 Chaos Marauders of Slaanesh @ 168 Pts
Mark of Slaanesh; Light Armour; Shield; Standard; Musician

1 Chieftain @ [8] Pts

22 Chaos Marauders of Slaanesh @ 168 Pts
Mark of Slaanesh; Light Armour; Shield; Standard; Musician

1 Chieftain @ [8] Pts

5 Marauder Horsemen of Slaanesh @ 95 Pts
Mark of Slaanesh; Flail; Throwing Axes

5 Warhorse @ [0] Pts

5 Chaos Warhounds @ 30 Pts

5 Chaos Warhounds @ 30 Pts

5 Chaos Knights of Tzeentch @ 290 Pts
Mark of Tzeentch; Barding; Ensorcelled Weapons; Chaos Armour; Shield;
Standard; Musician
Blasted Standard [40]

5 Barded Chaos Steed @ [0] Pts

5 Chaos Knights of Nurgle @ 280 Pts
Mark of Nurgle; Barding; Ensorcelled Weapons; Chaos Armour; Shield;
Standard; Musician
Rapturous Standard [20]

5 Barded Chaos Steed @ [0] Pts

3 Trolls @ 135 Pts

1 Hellcannon @ 205 Pts

3 Hellcannon Crew @ [0] Pts
Heavy Armour

Casting Pool: 7

Dispel Pool: 5

Models in Army: 79

Total Army Cost: 1998

Althwen
08-07-2009, 10:42
There are some things in this army that I would do differently.

First off, I noticed you decided to let the disc Mage on top of the list be your general. I'd do this differently and let one of the Nurgle mages be your general as they tend to stay closer to your centre AND your trolls. The latter need an increased LD value, but you don't want to put a mage in there, cause if they do go stupid for a turn, say bye bye to that mage's spells.

Second, why would you make your knights Tzeentch? Okay, I get the Tzeentch+ blasted standard option, but the Tzeentch + banner of wrath on knight combo is a mystery to me. The banner holds a magic missile... these can't be used in close combat and in my experience you do want knights to be in close combat as fast as possible. So it's a waste in my opinion. And I'd swap the mark of tzeentch for Nurgle if you want to protect them from shooting. Also the -1 WS in cc for your opponent is a nice plus.

Third, I think I would drop 4 marauders of each unit and also a pack of hounds to free up some points for Marauder horsemen with flails.
You need some fast cavalry to guard at least 1 flank, cause I have a feeling those hounds are nothing more than cannon fodder, and you dont want you knights wandering around on an empty flank.

Have fun!

Dark Mesa
08-07-2009, 23:22
one small suggestion with the sorcerer on the disk you can keep him out of harms way using the flight movement so I would suggest swapping the enchanted shield for something that improves his magic such as a power familiar or power stone.

Gounta
09-07-2009, 01:35
Above list has been edited=)

@Althwen:
First. Completely and absolutely right on that one,and it has been changed accordingly.

Second. Also correct,i was caught in old lists where I use that banner on infantry unit. Old habit flaw that has been changed to Nurgle Knights with Raptorus Banner,hoping this will give it some staying power.

Third. Droped a few Marauders,1 Hound Unit and also 1spell lvl on Scrollcaddie. Added 1 Marauder Horsemen Unit that I would like to field test before deciding on it,but it might prove fun=)

@Dark Mesa:
Hmm well never use Power Stones but I'll give it a try swaping Enchanted Shield with something else,I had Book of Secrets in mind to get some fun spells from either Fire,Death or Shadow,although with risk of a nastier blowback with Miscast but I think I can handle any such pretty well with Puppet. Hopefully=)

Thnx for you input guys,they where well appriciated and I hope more people see this and post their comments aswell.