PDA

View Full Version : Miscast hits magical?

Paz
08-07-2009, 07:36
Hejho,

I can't find in RB a phrase saying that miscast hits are magical. One say yes they are and another no, they are not. Quastion is rather lame and obv but...

What's with HE's Folaraith's Robe(model immune to non-magical hits) and Etherical special rule? this makes our hero immune to the miscast hits!

I can't imagine an etherical Slaan walking around immune to miscast hits but the rules allow him that...

Am I right? Is there nothing in the RB and FAQ that says those hits are magical?

Arkanthaes
08-07-2009, 07:50
RAW, neither spells nor miscats have magical hits.

Try playing it that way and I'm sure you'll have to find a new opponent

Milgram
08-07-2009, 09:50
hits from magic spells are by definition magical. there are 'some' spells that deal non-magic hits (e.g. have a unit to attack itself).

you can go with the same explanation for miscast hits.

Gazak Blacktoof
08-07-2009, 10:02
You're right there's nothing in the rules, errata or FAQs, the intent is clear though.

Miscasts are cause by on uncontrolled magic.

nosferatu1001
08-07-2009, 10:23
The commmon justification for this being that, by definition, anything within the "Magic" section counts as deal magical damage where appropriate.

"Magical" is one of the less well defined areas of the rulebook - for example Burning Alignment is obviously magical, but was recently (just before the FAQ) was ruled as not being magical because it didn't say it was. You then have magical bows not dealing magical arrows (i.e. WoodElf) and things get even muddier...