PDA

View Full Version : Origami Dreadnaught, anyone?

Ancelyn1331
08-07-2009, 10:14
http://www.downloadmunkey.net/tag/games-workshop/

It could easily be scaled up to ]I[ scale. The attached link to the instructions are not in English, however a little research on the file gives an indication of how to build it.

KiwiBoy
14-07-2009, 11:54
Nice but I'm working on a full size plastic dreadnaught (which i came to this forum to show off my progress on)....but more on that when I have my 2 posts required before posting

Ancelyn1331
14-07-2009, 12:48
Sounds interesting KiwiBoy. Drop a link in when you are ready to post.

KiwiBoy
16-07-2009, 06:12
If you'll take a look at M, P & T Project Logs (Particularly "=][= Scale Dreadnaught") you'll see some of the work I've done so far on the inquisitor scale dread.

KiwiBoy
16-07-2009, 10:07
How would people stat a dreadnaught in Inquisitor anyway?

precinctomega
18-07-2009, 13:42
I think it would be one of those things that doesn't need stats. It would be an objective, boss or major obstacle controlled by the GM, rather than a character in its own right. So it would be more a case of it performing to the level the scenario dictates, rather than allowing it either to make PC-mincemeat by the end of turn 2 or, perhaps worse, underperform so badly the PCs pause to pick the pretty flowers before detonating the two-dozen melta charges clinging to the dreadnought's pert metal bottom.

R.

huntarolo
12-08-2009, 20:24
boss or major obstacle? =.= more like major boss obstacle of death :3 and we thought SM's where a bit OP >< hehe

but. . .then again precintomega has a nice point at the second part :D

if you really wanted to use it give it some BEEFED up stats but dont make it un-killable or too weak

Fire_hive
16-08-2009, 22:03
How would people stat a dreadnaught in Inquisitor anyway?

Well if you really wanted to brave putting a real Dred in you game, then use the "need for speed pt1" pdf.
It would be a walker with 14 armor on most locations and a base injury value of 10-12. So if you shot a lascannon at it (4D10 damage) you would need to roll 25-27 damage to hit 2 levels of injury. most conventional weapons will bounce off (2D6+2). It would be equipped with smoke grenades, a power fist with a S value of 175 minimum, or a semi auto rocket launcher of some kind.

Naturally, this is very overpowered, but this game is about putting the true powers of the 40k universe into perspective. Never give it to anyone but the GM.

Vote Kantor
13-12-2009, 06:33
Or you could have it as unkillable, and then have the players running from the unkillable monstrosity, slowing it down at best (maybe attempting to sneak around it, if it sees you, you ALL DIE)

HaunterV
20-12-2009, 06:07
That new ork mega dreadnuaght on forgeworld would work as n orc dreadnought

MarcoSkoll
20-12-2009, 21:35
@HaunterV: Orks aren't really typical subject matter for Inquisitor. Trying to justify a SM dread in Inquisitor isn't easy, but it's a darn sight easier than trying to justify an Ork dread.
Not sure I'd want to spend that cash on an Ork dread that couldn't really be used more than very very rarely.

Also, sometimes it's interesting to just build something from scratch.