PDA

View Full Version : Ecclsiarchy Faction Questions

Easy E
08-07-2009, 22:38
Greetings Warseers and Conclavers,

I am working on a Ecclsiarchy war band centered around a wandering Confessor and his underlings. I wanted to know, if the Ecclesiarchy has the same factions as the Inquisition, or if they are unique.

I have been referenced to WD 261, but I don't have access to that mag. If anyone can shed some light on the subject that would be great.

Regards

precinctomega
09-07-2009, 08:35
It will share some of them - Thorianism, for example, is common within the Ecclesiarchy. But then it also has its own factions and schisms. The Temple Tendency was dominant until the end of the Reign of Blood, when it became akin to a heresy and went underground (although can still be found within the body of the Ecclesiarchy). They essentially believe that the Ecclesiarchy is the dog, rather than the tail.

Currently on the ascendancy is the Lucid Tendency - a rationalist group that favours "good" works (which obviously includes wars of conquest, invasion and the ruthless suppression of heresy, this being the Dark Millennium) over self-aggrandizing cathedrals and elaborate rituals.

There's also the Solarist movement springing from primitivist sun-worshipping rituals that believes that the Emperor's soul infuses the galaxy and that, therefore, his plan for the Imperium can be divined from a close study of the stars. They tend to be astrologers and divinators, heavily favouring the use of the Emperor's Tarot.

R.