PDA

View Full Version : Golgfags Mercenery Army

Spartagrot
03-01-2006, 21:28
I am starting a Ogre Kingdoms army & the theme will be Golgfag's mercenery army. I will convert models to be Golgfag as Tyrant & Skaff as Bruiser army standard.

TeddyC
03-01-2006, 22:10
Ace.... good luck with that............

Lady Bastet
08-01-2006, 02:15
They already have models, you could possibly use their heads/weapons (in Skaff's case the wooden leg too) on new plastic Ogres so their still noticably the same Ogres?

Sorry if this is way too late btw.

Dr Death
08-01-2006, 11:46
This sounds like one of the best uses for the Ogre list since fire fuel!:evilgrin: Im in full support with you on this, you could even say that the army is a "True-sized" version of the popular mercenary ogres: i.e- how many there would be if you were truly to hire them. It'd be interesting to see how you manage converting the ogre models, stripped to the waist as they are into proper hardened mercenaries, and Golgfag himself would be one hell of a project.

Good luck to you on this!

Dr Death

HiredSword.
08-01-2006, 12:01
question: how would the army composition differ? I think putting loads of different trophies from all the races and having maneaters would be important to make them look like they've travelled the old world

TeddyC
08-01-2006, 12:06
no gorgers, gnoblars or scrap launchers either.... after all if the are mercs... then they arent gonna settle long enough to draw gnoblars to them, find out where the gorgers are and 'learn their ways! or of course get the use of these scrap launchers.....

limited troop choice... but to go with the theme... lots of maneaters, iron guts and leadbelchers to represent their wealth.

Hideous Loon
08-01-2006, 12:51
And maybe an over-abundance of Empire cannon being fired by the 'Belchers? And definitely NO Gnoblar fuse-lighters too!

Lady Bastet
08-01-2006, 16:07
Hate to say it but Ogres do not do so good without ranked infantry, they may need some Pikemen?