PDA

View Full Version : 1000pts Dark Elves Shooty List

PeeKay
09-07-2009, 13:35
Had an idea for a DE all shooting army. Sorry but I don't have my army book with me so had to do it from memory (if someone can help out and do a total cost):

Sorceress lvl 2 + Lifetaker
Sorceress lvl 2 + Steed

2 x DE with rxb x 10
1 x DR with rxb x 5
1 x Corsairs with rhb x 10

2 x Reaper Bolt Thrower

It should be around 900-950pts so room for banners and equipment. This army should do well in the magic, shooting and movement phases in of the game.

This a little bit off the wall but with a possible 85 shots per turn (excluding magic missiles) does it have weight?

Witchblade
09-07-2009, 14:33
Hm I'd try to fit in a chariot or something to at least threaten the enemy with close combat. You have absolutely zero close combat troops at the moment (well, the corsairs...)

More march blockers (shades?) would also work well.

The corsairs would be the first to go to free up points.

Interesting set-up though. DE are capable of heavy shooting and magic, but you don't see it often.

Eulogy2
09-07-2009, 14:47
I personally havent tried it yet, but im not sure you can really pull off a gunline type army with str 3, 24 inch range crossbows. to be effective you need x2 shots and for a turn or 2 youll be at 5+ to hit. im not saying it wont work, but shades will definitly help for the better BS, and with great weapons they hit hard too.

i would also grab a chariot and probably dump the corsairs, plus the chariots have xbows so itll fit your theme too.

PeeKay
09-07-2009, 15:48
Without my book I completely forgot about Shades and Chariots. I was not a big fan of the corsairs but needed something for combat but chariot is much better and the shades to hit hard targets. I can't remember how much shades cost but it is something like double DE with Rxb!?!

Sorceress lvl 2 + Lifetaker
Sorceress lvl 2 + Steed

DE with rxb x 10
DR with rxb x 5

Shade with GW x5
Cold One Chariot

Reaper Bolt Thrower
Reaper Bolt Thrower

This looks respectable. Not sure if DE with Rxb would work better than a Reaper Bolt Thrower in this case?

Eulogy2
09-07-2009, 15:53
to me that looks a little better, as long as you march block with the DR you might be ok.

PeeKay
09-07-2009, 16:45
Would you think replacing the DR with 2 unit of Harpies would be better? I feel that they march block better. I know it is not in the feel of the army but I could make an exception

Eulogy2
09-07-2009, 17:14
probably, if only cause then you could potentially march block more things. but i personally like the play style of the riders.