PDA

View Full Version : Importance of MCz for Nidz

sing Sang a song
09-07-2009, 17:38
I was just wondering how important are MCz in Nidz list?

Well, I'm NOT here to rant that MC needs to be spammed or not spammed. It's just a pure curiosity.

Wanted to know how many MCz you guys usually use, and does Nidz army HAVE to have at least 1?

badguyshaveallthefun
09-07-2009, 17:52
With Warriors being the lame choices they are, MC's really are the only other option for Tyranid Synapse. But do they need to be spammed? I don't think so. It's not how I envision tyyranids being.

Triggerdog
09-07-2009, 18:20
I played against an army once that had a broodlord and some zoanthropes and a brick of 200+ gaunts and genestealers with some Gargoyles tossed in. Not a single monstrous creature, just hundred of bodies moviing in a swarm and slamming down my throat

it was absolute hell.

Kadrec
09-07-2009, 18:34
it was absolute hell.

Didn't have any ordnance, huh?

To the OP: Nids are usually played with Big Bugs competitively, because they are difficult to bring down, and great for punching enemy armor/squads/what have you. They have the vast majority of the 'nid heavy firepower. You can see 8 MCs in 1500+ point games, and *usually* won't see less than 2-3 (tyrant plus support fexes) if your opponent wants to win at all (not counting 'stealer shock armies').

Triggerdog
09-07-2009, 18:39
Didn't have any ordnance, huh?

I was playing guard but no amount of ordnance could win me a game where all my infantry was either dead or on the verge of being wiped out by turn three.

Granted I killed like 120 models but for me unless it was rolling it was dead.

PhalanxLord
09-07-2009, 20:14
MCs are important, but they don't need to be spammed the way most people think. I've been having a good amount of success with my 4 MC army. Hell, I've even managed to fit in a lictor and some horms at 2Kpts and I still haven't lost with it yet (though I'll admit I haven't really fought any hard armies yet and no one has shot at either of my 2 units of warriors...).

If you take warriors, use them as emergency synapse. They die to easily to be main synapse, especially when you can take zoans for that.

Vepr
09-07-2009, 21:03
I usually figure 1 MC per 500 points and so far that has served me fairly well. I usually run 3 to 4 MC's (HT with 2 or 3 fexes) depending on how many points we are playing and I have had good luck even when running some warriors in groups of three with death spitters and talons.

FunkyRatDemon
10-07-2009, 10:44
My Bugs I run 5MC's in 1850
Usually 1 Tyrant, 2 DakkaFexes and 2 Screamer Killers

Then the rest is just Spinegaunts (90), Termagaunts (60), Genesteakers (12) and Zoanthropes (3)

No reason to MC spam, it sure makes things easier though (since S3 and S4 have lots of difficulty with T6)

Kank
10-07-2009, 10:59
I was playing guard but no amount of ordnance could win me a game where all my infantry was either dead or on the verge of being wiped out by turn three.

Granted I killed like 120 models but for me unless it was rolling it was dead.

You kill his synapse web and 90% of his 200+ bugs break and run off the table. While you CAN protect your synapse creatures.. a determined player can focus and kill them.

I'd say MC's are only NEEDED against things like LR spam. You're just at a disadvantage against a lot of lists without them.

Alx_152
10-07-2009, 12:33
I usually field 2 MC's in 1500 points. 1 Hive Tyrant and 1 shooty Carnifex.
Never tried the all MC list, although I have the models for it.