PDA

View Full Version : Are these the bases I need for IG Heavy Weapons Teams?

Sam Spade
09-07-2009, 19:47
I was just wondering if these were the bases I should get if I need bases for IG heavy weapons teams and sentinels?

http://www.gf9.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=64&products_id=369

Also how many come in a pint of 60mm round bases anyone know?

imperial_communist
09-07-2009, 19:53
dont bother you get good enough bases in the kits the bases are very large you don't need to buy bases for them you'll waste money don't you thing warhammer is expensive enough without buying unnecessary bases

Sam Spade
09-07-2009, 19:55
I bought a whole bunch of old metal IG and they dont have 60mm bases for them. I know the community is split between whether you need them, but I would like them.

Voss
09-07-2009, 20:19
How is the community split? I can see them being split on whether HW teams are good, but with the new codex, they are 2 wound models on 60mm bases. Two seperate models on 25mm bases will lead to different results against blasts and templates (and confuse things, since the loader no longer has a gun, etc..)

Though personally, for my old metal IG models, I glued the 25mm bases on 60mm cardboard circles, filled it up with bits of other bases and green stuff, based it with sand and called it a day. That said, depending on how many you get in a 'pint' (stupid idea by the by, when a company is selling product, they should give a quantity), this could be a cheap and easy way of getting of bases. My way was cheap, but something of a pain.

SPYDER68
09-07-2009, 20:21
Not sure how many 60mm bases comes in that set..

But they will sure enough be alot better the using cardboard...

And 3 60mm bases per new heavy weapon squad isnt even close to enough when you have the bits to make 3 of every weapon type.. getting...3 Mortars.. 3 lascannons...3 Missle launchers..3 heavy Bolters...3 Autocannons...

Bloodknight
09-07-2009, 21:17
@Imperial communist: with a couple of spare Guardsmen you can build at least 9 heavy weapons out of that box, 12-15 if you care a bit less about the visuals. The box includes 3 big bases.