PDA

View Full Version : Pidgeon Bombs

Awilla the Hun
09-07-2009, 20:17
Has anyone ever had any success with these at all ever?

ICLRK625
09-07-2009, 20:31
I can think of two instances where I even managed to hit the enemy with one, but they did a fair amount of damage when they did.

A lot of fun either way.

Commodus Leitdorf
09-07-2009, 20:38
I've taken out half a 20 man unit of Dwarf Longbeards with them :angel:....I just kept hitting! and he kept rolling horrible on his armour saves!

They are fun, and of all the equipment I could give an Engineer I tend to give him pigeons as I have found that I have good luck with any form of template weapon.

bobtasco
09-07-2009, 23:08
lore of the heavens is a nice complement to it.

riotknight
10-07-2009, 00:03
****in PETA came after me so i had to stop

AvariceX
10-07-2009, 02:52
Mathematically the Pigeon bombs themselves can almost always make up for their points if you pick the right targets. However the Master Engineer himself is a horrendous waste of points and if you include his cost you will almost never make up for his points.

Seriously; 65 points for a human with no equipment (3 points normally) with +1W and +1BS, and he wastes one of your hero slots.

sulla
10-07-2009, 04:47
I lost half a black guard unit from one. If you do bring an engineer (perhaps you are clinically insane or just did it on a bet:evilgrin:) I would always include them.

Keller
10-07-2009, 14:18
I had moderate success with them in my last campaign. He made a nice complement to my mortar, either allowing the reroll to make my mortar more effective, or able to fire another template at a unit if the mortar had done well on its own.

If you're willing to take an Engineer, I think the Pigeons are well worth it.

PeG
10-07-2009, 15:18
They are the only reason for taking an engineer but as most other things (with a few exceptions) in the empire list moderately effective.

Captain Plowman
11-07-2009, 13:05
I only take them in larger games, usually just friendly matchups. I take them just for lolz, but having a handful of hochlands combined with a handful of warrior priests (and more importantly, a handful of Hammers of Sigmar) is neat :D

havoc626
12-07-2009, 02:13
My friend once took one and had great luck with it against my skaven. He killed off 195pts in the first turn.

Too bad it was the engineer and a great cannon that he killed. Yeah, I don't think he's ever used that model again.

Red Gevhere
12-07-2009, 05:46
I always take an engineer in my army. I play an all infantry list supported only by great cannon and mortars. Its a pirate theme so i don't take cav or flaggellants or anything like that. With that said, I always have an engineer cause i often need the reroll when the art. die doesn't roll in my favor. That and because i LOVE pigeon bombs, or 'parrot bombs' as they're called in my army. I use them to go character hunting, often killing opponent's wizards. I have more than made up with my points, and have never killed myself with one.

ARabidNun
12-07-2009, 06:43
I think they are good for a fun game but you may never see them in a tourny army since they are very unpredictable (even chancing to wound your engineer) but the ability to pick any target anywhere on the battlefield makes them great for hidden warmachines, the lonely character or simply annoying low toughness and no/ low armor save units.

I think it is more pratical to choose whether to take them or not based on what army or armies you may be confronted against. I personally will avoid it if playing against anything really tough (DoC) or highly durable saves (WoC-Khorne)

Otherwise they are alot like goblin doom diver catapults. Fun, a little unpredictable and your choices for the table are unlimited.