PDA

View Full Version : 1500 Beasts of Chaos army, please help it not suck!

Lord Hurin
09-07-2009, 21:47
Ok, new 2K list at the bottom of this page!

Lord Hurin
10-07-2009, 11:15
I guess not eh? :P

MDMK
10-07-2009, 11:20
Looks ok. Weather or not beast chariots can have marks has always been a bit funny. TBH I ruled that they cant since it dosent say that they can in their description unlike other units.
Btw I would suggest maby a scroll or 2 on your wizard. Your army is ld 7 so one magic missile can wreck your day.

Not a bad list otherwise.

Oscarius
10-07-2009, 11:21
First glaring problem, you have the general with the MoS and chariots as MoT, making this list illegal.

EDIT: MDMK, it's been FaQ'd and they can have 'em.

Lord Hurin
10-07-2009, 12:06
Whoops, I guess that gives me 20 extra points to play with... I think I was confusing the Marks in Fantasy with the ones in 40K, where Khornate Lords couldn't lead Tzeentchian units, etc.

Lord Hurin
10-07-2009, 15:34
Edited the list. When I bring it up to 2,000 I'll make it typical Tzeentchian magic spam.

Oscarius
10-07-2009, 16:22
What I would do first is to remove the shields from the Ungors and try chew of some points to get another unit of Mino's.

Also, minos can't have the MoT when the general have undivided. They can ONLY take the same mark as the general or be unmarked. (In this case, undivivded or nothing...which is really a no-brainer :p)

Also, GW>>xHW on the mino's and IMO light armour is a waste unless you're nurgle.
(You may notice I like mino's ^^)

Lord Hurin
10-07-2009, 17:57
Raargh! Is it just me, or is it a hell of a lot harder to Mark units in the Beasts list? 2K coming up...

Gaargod
10-07-2009, 18:21
Ofc it is. Beasts still use 'chaos gods don't go skipping together in a field holding their hands' philosophy.

Mind you, their marks are better - example being Khorne which gives you dispel dice for the same price as WoC ones, with frenzy alone. Or tzeentch on heroes, allowing you caster fighters.

Which, by the way, would be an easy solution for your problem. Make the wargor tzeentch marked. Expensive, but more fluffy. Hell, you're going for magical domination anyways.

Minos are vicious with GWs and a standard, i would say no light armour. 3 S6 attacks > 4 S4 attacks in most situations (certainly the ones you would actually care about). My favourite build for minos is khorne, standard and GWs, obviously not an option for you, but very effective at simply bashing over most things without a problem.

Lord Hurin
11-07-2009, 00:26
Yeah, you mean it was written back when GW gave a damn about their own fluff? Just think, if the Daemon book refused the alliance between eternal enemies Khorne and Tzeentch, it would go a long way to balance it! :D

Anyway, I'm working up a 2000 point Tzeentch list with multiple PD now. Should be fun!

Lord Hurin
11-07-2009, 04:14
Ok, an updated 2000 point list...

Characters

Beastlord K'ktik the Bright - 324pts
Mark of Tzeentch, Heavy Armour, Shield, Pelt of the Dark Young, Horn of the Great Hunt & Dispel Scroll

Wargor T'klak the Arkayne - 169pts
Mark of Tzeentch, Heavy Armour, Enchanted Shield & Dispel Scroll

Wargor Tm'rdl'uk the Wyrd - 170pts
Mark of Tzeentch, Crown of Horns, Chaos Armour

Beast Units

Wardof's Herd - 146pts <T'Klak goes here>
9 Gor with two hand weapons, 12 Ungor, Full Command

Karas' Herd - 167pts <Tm'rdl'uk goes here>
12 Gor with shield, 12 Ungor, Full Command

Kaangor's Herd - 242pts <K'ktik goes here>
17 Bestigor with Mark of Tzeentch, Musician & Standard

Brkaash's Chariot - 105pts
Tuskgor Chariot with Mark of Tzeentch

Khargoth's Chariot - 105pts

Bohktar's Chariot - 105pts

Hounds of The Hunt - 90pts
3x 5 Chaos Warhounds

Special Units

Minastir's Minotaurs - 216pts
4 Minotaurs with Mark of Tzeentch, Great weapon & Light armour

Baalrath's Minotaurs - 152pts
3 Minotaurs with Mark of Tzeentch & add'l hand weapon

1991 points total.

Lord Hurin
17-07-2009, 23:22
Bump Bump hadhjugik

nasty_little_hobbit
18-07-2009, 12:07
Youve made the right choice going with Tz as I believe either that and Khorne is the only way beasts can at least compete with some of the top end armies however I am not convinced with your character set up or your herd set up.
If your going for omly 3 characters then I would set them up like this:
Beastlord of Tz- chaos armour, crown thorns, goretooth, scroll, great weapon= 331
Wargor of Tz BSB- heavy armour, pelt of dark young, staff of darkoth= 209
Wargor of Tz- heavy armour, dark heart, shield, sword of might= 181

I would put the Beastlord/Bsb together into a large unit of 6 gors/ 13 ungors and the 2nd wargor into the bestigors. With this set up you will have the hitting power from the characters, potentially pumping out 7 re rollable strngth 7 attacks from the lord ( if you get bears anger of), 3 strngth 6 attacks from the bsb plus all the other gor attacks. The choice of magic items also gives you greater flexibility with the addition fo the staff of darkoth and the goretooth and your lord is much more resistant to damage with the ward save and chaos armour, in addition to the benefits of the bears anger and orange fire spell.
With your centre made up of the large 'super herd' and the bestigors I would then split up the Karas herd into 2 smaller herds to use as screeners and charge redirectors/ bait etc. Two 6/6 inc musician is small enough to sacrafice but if needs be can be used to take on small units that your warhounds would be unable to do. Just remmeber with this set up its all about achieving the charge with the super herd/ bestigor block when it suits you best and then supporting them with your minotaurs so dont be afraid to sacrafice units to achieve this.
The rest of the list looks very good, the lack of centigors may hurt you but I cant see any ways of fitting them in.
Hope it helps.

Lord Hurin
18-07-2009, 18:17
Wow, that's great advice, thanks for taking the time to make such a long and detailed post!

Nathangonmad
19-07-2009, 00:16
14 power dice! Thats pretty nice man, that army looks pretty good, don't think you could get a more competetive beasts army.