=241
22 Dwarf Warriors 176
Shields 22
Full Command 25
=223

Rare Units=240

2 Organ Guns 120x2=240

=1999

I was wondering what everyone thinks it is my first fantasy army and everone i know who uses dwarves does a gunline so i wanted to be different:p

EC15
10-07-2009, 00:38
You don't need to post the point cost of every upgrade as it makes it harder to read.

On the topic of the list, I would strongly suggest getting the elite dwarf infantry blocks. Warriors are able to do well against other cheap rank and file units but against most special choices they will just get rolled. I'd highly recommend 1 unit of 18 hammerers as when the lord is with them they are immune to fear and terror (normally costing 30 points through a banner)

little-kharn
20-07-2009, 22:22
right i have changed my list slighty

Lord
Shieldbearers
Rune of Resistance
RUne of Stone
Master Rune of Spite
Rune of Warding
=260
Thane
Shield
Rune of Cleaving
=87
Thane
Shield
Rune of Fury
=92
Runesmith
Master Rune of Balance
=120

3x23 Dwarf Warriors
Shields
Full Command
=696
24 Dwarf Warriors
Shields
Full Command
=241

18 Iron Breakers
Full Command
Rune of Courage
=294
2 Bolt Throwers=90

Organ Gun=120

2000 exact whoooooo :D

lcfr
20-07-2009, 23:07
I'll post my c&c in red. If you edit your list or happen to reply with a revised list, could you change the way you post it so that it doesn't read like one long column? The way you have it posted makes it a little irritating to read. Try the way I reformatted it below w/your characters.

Lord shieldbearers, Rune of Resistance, RUne of Stone, Master Rune of Spite, rune of Warding
=260

He needs a great weapon at the very least. Nigh-unkillable dwarf lord he may be, but w/out a GW or a runic weapon he's basically a 4ft, very expensive rock

Thane Shield Rune of Cleaving
=87

Thane Shield Rune of Fury
=92

For their combined points cost, I think you'd be better served with one well-armed and equipped thane than two easily killable, relatively weak thanes. Personally Thane BSBs are the best way to go, re-rolling break tests is extremely valuable for dwarfs.

Runesmith Master Rune of Balance
=120

Should have a shield. Should also have a dispel scroll.

3x23 Dwarf Warriors
Shields
Full Command
=696
24 Dwarf Warriors
Shields
Full Command
=241

Maybe some more variety among your core troops? Longbeards are worth the extra 3pts/model. Some missile troops would serve you well too in lieu of so many warrior blocks.

18 Iron Breakers
Full Command
Rune of Courage
=294

I think you need some more, personally. Take advantage of full static res.

2 Bolt Throwers=90

Unit engineers? Runes like RPenetrating for taking out chariots and RBurning for knocking out regenerating or flammable gribblies are worthwhile too.

All in all I'm not too wild about this list. You don't have enough firepower to force the enemy towards you, your characters are oddly picked apart from the runesmith, and if your battle plan is to bound towards the enemy at a frightening 6" per turn, you're going to be in for a lot of nasty surprises. It seems like you're not really taking advantage of dwarven strengths and instead you're almost flaunting their weaknesses.

There's nothing wrong with an offensive playstyle, but you're missing the critical ingredients: Strollaz's Rune, Gyrocopters, Anvil, and even Miners and Rangers.

mysticfruit2
20-07-2009, 23:51
personaly dont take alot of warriors because they can get overwelmed. personally i would take some hammers to protect your lord and have some slayers to protect your flanks. i would also take some bolt throwers and cannons because they an be fun.