PDA

View Full Version : Boring questions

Sojourner
08-05-2005, 16:00
Why is it that there's so little interesting discussion here anymore? At least half of all the threads I see are questions regarding things that have been published that the poster can't be bothered to look up. Echoing others' distaste for this sort of book-worship, here is a personal request to keep this to a minimum and instead talk about something interesting. Hell, let's combine the stories forum with Background to generate some originality at least.

</rant>

Minister
08-05-2005, 17:23
Care to start us off with an interesting point of conversation, sir?

worldshatterer
08-05-2005, 17:30
maybe people want to ask questions and lack money in great amounts to buy everything ever published by GW, so can't do the research .

stories and discussion of the background are very different . If we mixed them up folks could very confused and start mistaking fanfic for real fluff .

Brother Munro
08-05-2005, 17:32
Who was cooler: Vandire or Thor? ;) :D

TheSonOfAbbadon
08-05-2005, 17:40
Hmmm, would a race [or part of one] on the northern rim be able to become exceedingly intelligent and become very powerful pskers who would then use their psychic powers to engineer some of their races [those who haven't reached their intelligence and psychic power] to become fast-reproducing warriors somewhat like the Tyranids in the way that they're commanded by powerful psychic beings and the rest of them are warriors with less intelligence.

Although the lesser intelligence of this race are still sentient and have a reasonable degree of intelligence [above that of an Orgyn at least!] instead of stupid beasts made to kill, kill, kill, eat, kill, eat and kill. And this race doesn't reproduce trough spores but through eggs. They are asexual and the warriors produce 30 eggs each which they plant in the ground, then juveniles will spring out about a year later.

Anyway, would they be able to do that /\ without anyone noticing until they get blasted apart by warp energy?

Khaine's Messenger
08-05-2005, 22:41
Why is it that there's so little interesting discussion here anymore?

Well, that depends on how you're asking the question. Some might attribute it to the relative loss of our "heavyweights" (although Minister and Engel are still around, bless them), eg Kage and Brusilov, some of whom were lost in the board crash or who spend more time on the BL boards or in the Anargo Sector Project (of which you're a member, aren't you?). Others might say that this is something that's been going on for a long time, and even Kage was "crusading" against it for a while. Otherwise, it's because we fear moving away from what we know....because everyone defaults to the "anything can happen!" song and dance, which limits as much as it inspires.

Where's Xisor and his Demiurg discussion thread...?

Echoing others' distaste for this sort of book-worship, here is a personal request to keep this to a minimum and instead talk about something interesting.

I'd like to oblige, but I respond more than I propose. Still....

Hell, let's combine the stories forum with Background to generate some originality at least.

As stated, background/stories are slightly different. On the other hand, it could be a good idea to at least stretch out a hand of fellowship with fanfic authors.... :D

the archzealot
08-05-2005, 23:17
Who was cooler: Vandire or Thor? ;) :D

Vandire, under his rule the sisters fought off four marine chapters and the ad mech. All sisters seem to do nowadays is get massacred :(

TheSonOfAbbadon
08-05-2005, 23:32
I'm too busy to die! :D

Minister
09-05-2005, 02:31
"I don't have time to die! I'm too buisy!" is the quote, if I recall. And my sisters of the Order of the Bloody Rose do quite well thank you very much. :D

Delicious Soy
09-05-2005, 07:27
Well I have a few dissertations in mind, I'm just waiting for the end of semester before I work on them. So some time aeound mid June I'm ging to write a few theories on the interaction on the Imperial nobility and the High Lords, an IA, and maybe a disucssion on The Navy fighter wings. We could also discuss things like the theology of the Ad-Mech, but much of the theory stuff was lead by Kage and Brusilov, so people feel like offering an interpretation on certain aspect of a race? Get writing!

Sojourner
09-05-2005, 09:31
Well indeed, it does actually seem a bit hypocritical of me to gripe when I don't have time to contribute anything much myself, doesn't it?

Still, the Naval air wing discussion sounds like a good one. I'll look into it.

Minister
09-05-2005, 13:31
As will I. I am, however, going to avoid anything long and ranty in order to maybee actually do some revising for these @&%$ exams.

charlie_c67
09-05-2005, 14:28
Brusi's not gone! I'm sure I've seen him post one or two. The reason he's not been seen too much was he was unsure that the forum was gonna stick around or not. Since it's clear we are does someone want to invite him back from whatever hidey hole he's in?