PDA

View Full Version : DragonLord Brecht's 50. Khorne cCav list + Dragon. Heavy theme.

nick_robinsonchia
10-07-2009, 04:29
I'm in the middle of converting the beautiful star dragon model into a Khornate carrying Chaos Monstrosity and am eager to field him once hes finished. I generally go very minimalistic character wise as I prefer lots of knights, horsemen and hounds.

Il give the list first then comments on theme (army hierarchy, Fire Mages of Khorne etc) and tactics afterwards.

CHARACTERS

Lord Brecht (Chaos Lord) - Baal (Chaos Dragon), Flail, Fury of the Blood God, Mark of Khorne.[613p]
Rhuine - Fire Magister of Khorne - Lvl 2, Barded Steed, Dispel Scroll, Book of Secrets, Conj Homonculous[241]
Rhack - Fire Magister of Khorne - Lvl 2, Barded Steed, Dispel Scroll, Power Familiar [221]

CORE

Veterans - 5 Marauder Horse - Flails, musician, Mark of Khorne [111]
Aspirants -5 Marauder Horse- Fl, mus, Lesser Mark of Khorne (Slanesh)[81]
Aspirants -5 Marauder Horse- Fl, mus, Lesser Mark of Khorne (Slanesh)[81]
5 Hounds [30]
5 Hounds [30]
5 Hounds [30]

SPECIAL

Khornes Knights - 6 Chaos Knights - Mark of Khorne - [270]

2248 - 8 PD, 4 DD + 2 Scrolls 10 Deployments, 50 Models + Lord Brecht. (Hence Lord Brecht's 50;) )

COMMENTARY

General Strategy

Dragon flies up one flank takes his pick on turn 2 then destroys. Hopefully this generally causes enough distraction for the rest of my army to rapidly advance and roll the rest. Its sort of a smoke and mirror trick. The rest of the army is actually strong considering I have A dragon tieing up alot of points.

Lord Brecht (Chaos Lord) [613p]- Baal (Chaos Dragon), Flail, Fury of the Blood God, Mark of Khorne.
- Yes he is very modest. I did this for several reasons. 1.) He's Expensive as it is and I like troops. 2.) Point for point there is little more that would further his main goal as a killer of troops and a mental threat for my opponent. As it stands he has 6 WS8 S7A and 7 WS6 S6A which should be brutal enough for many opponents. 3.) I like my opponent to have a fun game and a truly tooled up Lord will be beyond alot of players ability to deal with. Therefor he is very easily killed so they can have some fun.

Rhuine - Fire Magister of Khorne [241] - Barded Steed, Dispel Scroll, Book of Secrets, Conj Homonculous
Rhack - Fire Magister of Khorne [221] - Barded Steed, Dispel Scroll, Power Familiar

- Yes they would definately be more effective as scroll caddies in tournaments saving me 90 points allowing me to upgrade one of my knightly units into my 'Chosen' Khorne knights (MoN w/ Banner of rage). Theres part of me that just does not like caddies tho, especially in a khornate army and honestly this setup has been alot of fun for me with non tourney folks. I always take the sword of rhuin if i can because its great theme wise!!
CORE

Blood Veterans - 5 Marauder Horse - Flails, musician, Mark of Khorne [111]
Blood Aspirants -5 Marauder Horse- Fl, mus, Lesser Mark of Khorne (Slanesh)[81]
Blood Aspirants -5 Marauder Horse- Fl, mus, Lesser Mark of Khorne (Slanesh)[81]
5 Hounds[30]
5 Hounds[30]
5 Hounds[30]

- Horsemen are self explanatory except for the Blood Aspirants and their Lesser mark of khorne - its actually the mark of slanesh but achieves the result im looking for them wise. They are indoctrinated in the discipline of khorne (effectively being imm to alot of psychology) but without the martial prowess of the Veterans.

SPECIAL

- If only I could find the points to change one unit to my 'Chosen' Knights of Khorne whom i converted alot.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be wonderful!!

Cheers

N

hippodude21
10-07-2009, 09:11
that is gonna hurt evrything you come up against but watch out for war macheins
mabey have a warshrine for those boosts and to 'award the worthy with a gift from the gods'
hope this helps :)

nick_robinsonchia
10-07-2009, 12:49
Yeah thats an interesting idea. I wish they had made the warshrine either able to be mounted or movement 6 :( If I took it it would be at the expense of a unit of knights... Id likely bless the dragon first turn and give the Lord favor of the Gods, then in later stages of the game after the dragon is dead or has been baited to obscurity rebless some knights...if I was able to somehow keep up lol - Il definately have a play round with it but my instict thinks it wont be worth sacrificing a unit of knights.

Thanks for the reply tho!!!

N

The SkaerKrow
10-07-2009, 14:24
Very cool theme, and a very nasty list. This is the sort of army that'll probably table most of what it comes up against, and get torn apart every so often by the occasional stiff match-up.

nick_robinsonchia
10-07-2009, 15:41
Thanks for the comments Skaer - Im trying to think about which match ups would be the worst...

probably magic heavy + gunline empire, multiple engine lizards. A canny woodelf player would likely wreck me lol. The army is actually good at the grinding game with the sheer numbers of attacks the knights and lord put out. so vs demons and undead shouldnt be too bad if i can mage hunt early on.

Again cheers for the feedback!

The SkaerKrow
10-07-2009, 16:15
Certain VC lists might cause problems for you. While the Dragon does give you a very good chance of finding their Vampire Lord and eating it, if they somehow escape the jaws of death you may find yourself bogged down almost perpetually by dominant magic phases. Otherwise, gunlines are potentially painful (but that's true against most armies).

Oddly enough, a sound Bretonnian list may actually give you some trouble. The Royal Pegasus riding Paladin of Large Target doom seems to be increasingly common, and could theoretically down your Dragon in a hurry (assuming that he actually managed to charge you). Meanwhile, Bretonnian Knights are still a solid heavy cavalry choice, even this far into the Seventh Edition cycle.

Slayerthane
10-07-2009, 19:30
I like this list. When I think of a chaos lord and his warband roaming the chaos wastes, this is the kind of list that comes to mind.

nick_robinsonchia
11-07-2009, 16:07
Hehe yah slayer that was the idea-gonna make a cool scenic base etc for the army.

On a different note I made a variant for more high powered tournaments switching from moderate offensento pure defense switching all sorcs items for scrolls dropping the lvl 2 upgrades and conj homonc and picking up two mrs units of hounds and bolstering the khorne marauder horse unit to 6 strong with standard for mobile albeit lighter hammer unit.

Thanks everyone for the feedback again. I'm trying to figure out how to fit a khrne chariot in the list. I have a great idea for a conversion and tactically it would be a nice countermeasure to light units slipping behind my lines. It's naturally slower movement would ensure it was behind the army and it would be a nice later game charger also. Thoughts?