PDA

View Full Version : Gargants?

Ironmonger
10-07-2009, 04:52
Ok, so we kinda know that IA 8 is gonna have Orks vs Imperium. Just as a 'What if...?' do you think IA 8 will see Gargants from FW? GW handled Stompas pretty decently (even if a little bigger then previous canon), and FW has heretofore steered clear of Ork Super-heavy Walkers (not counting Squiggoths).

What ya'll think?

MajorWesJanson
10-07-2009, 05:00
Probably a no on a Gargant. Too complex, last I talked to them. They were considering Stompa conversion kits though. Warhound titans, the stompa equivalent, are about 150 pieces, more than half of that in the feet. Reavers are about 170 pieces. GW's Stompa has 230 pieces, and a third of that is just panels and crew. Imagine a FW model of a Gargant. Probably 14"-18" tall, and the arms and legs alone would probably be 100-150 pieces. It just isn't worth the investment of time to sculpt something that unwieldy.

Dr. Hellbeast
10-07-2009, 08:14
Probably a no on a Gargant. Too complex, last I talked to them. They were considering Stompa conversion kits though. Warhound titans, the stompa equivalent, are about 150 pieces, more than half of that in the feet. Reavers are about 170 pieces. GW's Stompa has 230 pieces, and a third of that is just panels and crew. Imagine a FW model of a Gargant. Probably 14"-18" tall, and the arms and legs alone would probably be 100-150 pieces. It just isn't worth the investment of time to sculpt something that unwieldy.

Yeah, I did read mention in a rumour thread that FW had said a Gargant was unlikely due to the required detail at such a massive size.

That said, all it takes is one of those crazy individuals to take that as a personal challenge and it could happen. Just look at the Manta. Madness.

Ironmonger
10-07-2009, 08:32

I just can't imagine something like that would stop them... or even give them pause! Forge World kits have less pieces in general then similar sized plastics from GW. As well, there is talk in the air of a Warlord comin' out in 2012 or something, no? Plus, every Ork player out there would pinch and save for a 12-14" tall walking effigy of Gork/Mork for... what?... under 400 pounds?

I just don't think it would be all that impractical considering other FW products is all. What they will actually end up doing is another story entirely.