PDA

View Full Version : loyal marines of traitor chapters.

Matt D
10-07-2009, 18:22
so i am reading on lexicanum about the start of the horus heresy and i find out that there are a few marines from all the legions that did not turn traitor. i am trying to find some of these marines that were not confirmed dead sutch as Lacton Qruze (Luna Wolves), Nathanial Garro (Death Guard), and Garviel Loken (Luna Wolves). Are there any others that you guys know of?

Triggerdog
10-07-2009, 18:28
I cant remember off the top of my head but Id look into the Horus Heresy books including Collected Visions. Personally I favor Collected Visions for the art and because some of the stories are exceptionally epic.

Urath
10-07-2009, 18:51
Loken is dead.

Unconfirmed:
Emperor's Children - Ancient Rylanor

Tbh, thats all I remember off of the top of my head. There is also the other marines that acompany Garro and Qruze to Luna, including the named Apothecary.

Creeping Dementia
10-07-2009, 19:08
Man it would have been awesome if GW had formed a chapter out of all the exiled loyal marines. Scattered marines from many different old Legions still wearing their old Legion colors, constantly fighting to prove their loyalty, a chapter without a Primarch or Chapter master, instead having a chapter council for leadership, etc, etc. Guess it sounds a bit Dark Angelish, might be what I do if I ever get around to making a marine army. And I know, I know, it probably wouldn't fit the fluff, but it would still be cool to build.

Triggerdog
10-07-2009, 19:12
Man it would have been awesome if GW had formed a chapter out of all the exiled loyal marines. Scattered marines from many different old Legions still wearing their old Legion colors, constantly fighting to prove their loyalty, a chapter without a Primarch or Chapter master, instead having a chapter council for leadership, etc, etc. Guess it sounds a bit Dark Angelish, might be what I do if I ever get around to making a marine army. And I know, I know, it probably wouldn't fit the fluff, but it would still be cool to build.

That might not work considering that even though some members stayed loyal there were still some pretty harsh legion fueds.

Still would be cool

Matt D
10-07-2009, 19:16
Man it would have been awesome if GW had formed a chapter out of all the exiled loyal marines....

i am thinking of doing something like this with a few models. mainly dreadnoughts.

loken's dead? lexicanum says this:
"Although we are lead to believe that Loken perished in the final bombardment of Isstvan III, there has never been any factual statement either way supporting his unfortunate demise or his survival of a second bombardment as the last we know of him he was trapped under a layer of rubble as a Titan broke one of the walls of the building they were in."

is there some other info that i am missing?

were all the loyalists on Isstvan III?

Somerandomidiot
10-07-2009, 19:26
i am thinking of doing something like this with a few models. mainly dreadnoughts.

loken's dead? lexicanum says this:
"Although we are lead to believe that Loken perished in the final bombardment of Isstvan III, there has never been any factual statement either way supporting his unfortunate demise or his survival of a second bombardment as the last we know of him he was trapped under a layer of rubble as a Titan broke one of the walls of the building they were in."

is there some other info that i am missing?

were all the loyalists on Isstvan III?

I couldn't give you a direct quote, but I've seen an interview with Abnett in the Rumors here (I think?) where he mentioned a future HH book would explore the fate and future of Loken, challenging the assumption that he's dead.

eltanko
10-07-2009, 19:41
The only ones i have heard of are the ones already mentioned. isnt there some mention on one of the HH books, "battle for the abyss", of some loyalist world eaters? like i said i havnt read it, so if anyone else can shed any light to if there were any surviviors?

theres got to be others elsewhere, GW just cant make big characters out of all of them.

ElTanko

Urath
10-07-2009, 20:06
Aye, the loyalist World Eaters die though.

couldn't give you a direct quote, but I've seen an interview with Abnett in the Rumors here (I think?) where he mentioned a future HH book would explore the fate and future of Loken, challenging the assumption that he's dead.

That's probably from the same interview where he talked of how he wanted to write the Emperor. That was before the series reached "Galaxy in Flames". That arc also has Torggaddon surving his head being lopped off and turning traitor. Aas it was before Galaxy in Flames, it's safe to assume that they changed their minds and, rightly so.

Reving either character or both would cheapen the series and the manner of their percieved demise.

Somerandomidiot
10-07-2009, 20:17
That's probably from the same interview where he talked of how he wanted to write the Emperor. That was before the series reached "Galaxy in Flames". That arc also has Torggaddon surving his head being lopped off and turning traitor. Aas it was before Galaxy in Flames, it's safe to assume that they changed their minds and, rightly so.

Reving either character or both would cheapen the series and the manner of their percieved demise.

Ah, that explains it then. Thanks!

BigBadBull
10-07-2009, 20:32

They kinda did... Grey Knights...At least it is very strongly hinted at in the HH books.

This kinda needs to go in the Fluff/back story section