PDA

View Full Version : question abou spell pit pof shades

Highlander
10-07-2009, 18:49
Whatīs happens if i cast a pit of shades on a skink priest on stegadon ?

the skink priest and steagadon do a diferent test with itīs own IN ? (I supose in this case that i get 4+ on d6 to hit stegadon) Or the stegadon can use the IN of skink priest ?

If i fail on 4+ or d6 dice, the skink priest still must do an IN test ?

Thank you

Gazak Blacktoof
10-07-2009, 19:26
Opinion is divided on the number of tests. I think it's one hit per component part of the model.

Characteristic tests are taken on the highest initiative of the whole model (ie of every component on the same base). p5 of the 1st BRB FAQ.

PeG
10-07-2009, 19:33
Not obvious but my opinion is to roll for each component.

EvC
10-07-2009, 19:39
As it makes ZERO sense for models to take separate tests for individual components and to also let the individual parts use the initiative of other segments, I take it as one test, best initiative, if failed, entire model dies. It's the simplest solution.

Spirit
12-07-2009, 00:55
So what would happen if the nurgle spell cloying quagmire was cast on the same model?

theunwantedbeing
12-07-2009, 01:00
Test on the highest intiutive for Pit of shades, one test.
Test on the highest intiutive and then best armour save for Cloying Quagmire, again only one test.

Simple, otherwise it gets needlessly complex and difficult.

Bodysnatcher
12-07-2009, 08:50
Cloying quagmire I would probably go with the majority armour save (by starting wounds). It makes more sense for characters on monsters (although the stegadon is carrying a *******' huge howdah...).

nosferatu1001
12-07-2009, 09:59
Then you;d have an issue - 5 wounds on the steg, 5 wounds on the skinks (5 skinks) - I think EvCs makes most sense. Surprisingly ;)

Gazak Blacktoof
12-07-2009, 10:09
I wont bother entering into this discussion again but the relevant arguments are in the thread linked below, if you want to read it. I suggest you look at all the relevant rules yourself and come to your own conclusion.

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=186898&highlight=pit+shades&page=3

Highlander
13-07-2009, 18:15
Thank you people for answers, itīs helps a lot

T10
14-07-2009, 21:52
Whatīs happens if i cast a pit of shades on a skink priest on stegadon ?

Rulebook, p. 61.: "If you use a weapon or spell that uses a template..."

Rulebook, p. 114, Pit of Shades: "...Models hit must immediately..."

In effect you score a partial hit on the stegadon (the small template can't cover the entire standard base), so you roll separately for the mount and each rider. On a 4+ they are hit and must take an Initiative test. Those that fail die.

Assuming that you have no problem with concidering each skink rider a rank-and-file model, the priest should also be entitled to a Look Out Sir! roll.

-T10

EvC
15-07-2009, 10:45
Definitely not. And there would only be four Skinks anyway.

eyeolas
15-07-2009, 22:44
My ruleing (I have no idea how this stands up with RaW) is that (assuming the hole is on the steg base) you randomise who is hit under the hole, then the rest of the components are hit on a 4+ (since my gaming group plays the template auto hits what's under the hole, but doesn't cover the base, so the things not deemed under the hole by the randomising are only partials). Each component hit then takes its own init check

However, by RaW, I think you do 1 partial for the entire model, and if you get the 4+ then each component takes an init check on the highest init value (I'm not sure where it says use the highest init value of the model, but I'm sure its there somewhere)