PDA

View Full Version : 1500 point Lizardmen starter army

Firebreather
10-07-2009, 20:02
Hey there everyone. This is my latest attempt at putting together a reasonable starting point for my soon-to-be Lizardmen army. Let me know what you think.

Saurus Scar-Vetaran-
Light Armour
Shield
Cold One
Burning Blade of Chotec
Carnosaur Pendant

Skink Priest-
Level 2
Engine of the Gods
Diadem of Power

20 Saurus Warriors-
Musician
Standard Bearer
Spears

12 Skink Skirmishers

16 Skinks-
x2 Kroxigor

5 Cold One Cavalry-
Musician
Standard Bearer

4 Terradon Riders

Razordon Hunting Pack

TOTAL-1500pts.

Dragune
10-07-2009, 21:36
Ok I have a few tips that might be able to help you improve the list. I think that you should drop the 12 skirmishers down to 10, that seems to be what most people run. Razordons seem to work best in units of 2 or 3 so if you're only having one hunting pack I'd suggest a salamander instead. The 16 skinks and 2 krox may be a good unit but most people do 11 and 1 krox. BSB would help if you can make room for the points as well.

Hope I helped somewhat. :)

Firebreather
11-07-2009, 01:09
You certainly have! Thanks for the advice, it all sounds pretty good actually. I see your point regarding the Razordon, and maybe I'll just drop him altogether to free up some points for a Battle Standard. I'll see what I can come up with...

Firebreather
11-07-2009, 01:22
Okay, here's the revised list.

Saurus Scar-Veteran-
Light Armour
Shield
Cold One
Burning Blade of Chotec
Carnosaur Pendant

Saurus Scar-Veteran-
Great Weapon
Battle Standard
Hide of the Cold Ones

Skink Priest-
Level 2
Engine of the Gods
Bane Head
Diadem of Power

19 Saurus Warriors-
Musician
Standard Bearer
Spears

11 Skinks-
Kroxigor

10 Skink Skirmishers

5 Cold One Cavalry-
Musician
Standard Bearer

4 Terradon Riders

TOTAL-1500pts.

Dragune
11-07-2009, 01:52
I like this new list a lot. Never tried the carnosaur pendant before though, I assume that scar vet will be going with the cold ones?

Kayosiv
11-07-2009, 09:04
I would drop the carnosaur pendant for a Maiming Shield. For a grand total of 4 points, you will get to have that +1 attack at all times instead of only after you wound, and also you won't have to deal with the negatives of having a frenzied general.

Your second Scar-Vet cannot be given the Hide of the Cold ones, as making him the BSB prevents him from taking any other magical items. You can however give him a juicy magical standard, I would recommend the sun standard of Chotec to save you a net of 10 points, giving you the ability to swap out magical items as I suggested for your general above, and also to perhaps add another skink.