PDA

View Full Version : most killpoints from a single model in a single turn

siphon101
11-07-2009, 05:12
So not long ago, I was playing Chaos Daemons against a combined IG and chaos marine army. Late in the game, my poor Lord of Change had been reduced to a single wound. I had also reduced a 10 man plague marine squad to a single man. On my opponents turn, he runs the remaining one guy from the squad out into the table, and unloads on my LoC, but somehow the little guy managed to get fired on by two twin linked lascannons, a heavy stubber, a heavy bolter, and the double tapping plasma gun on the lone plague marine and survive.

Now, on my turn, that lone plague marine is irritating me, and my opponent had a smart idea, leaving ONE guy out in the open, basically forcing me to either mess up my plan and commit an entire unit to shooting/assaulting that ONE guy, just to earn the easy kill point or ignore him and hope I can make my way back to him to mop up the point before the game ended.

It was then that inspiration struck. I flew my (somehow still alive) Lord of Change so that he stood in between a Chimera and the lone plaguemarine, standing about 5 inches away from each. I turned on the plaguemarine and fired off breath of chaos (template weapon, models touched by it take a wound on a 4+, no armor or cover), and rolled a 4, killing the plague marine.

Then I turned back to the chimera and unloaded bolt of tzeentch (s8 ap1). I managed to hit it, penetrate it, and rolled a 5. KABLOOM goes the chimera, hitting all 10 crew within with a s4 hit, wounding 7, and killing 5.

Then, noticing the fleshy meatbags out in the open, my same lord of change assaulted into them, killing off 3 more. The final two turned tail and ran, and were cut down.

At which point I realized that my (by all rights should have been dead) Lord of Change had managed to rack up 3 kill points in a single turn.

So, I ask you all on warseer, what about you? what's your most spectacular move? What's your greatest achievement? What's your "wow, that really shouldn't have worked" moment?

(edit: edited the story as I remembered I got one of the details wrong)

Leviathan2009
11-07-2009, 05:19
So not long ago, I was playing Chaos Daemons against a combined IG and chaos marine army. Late in the game, my poor Lord of Change had been reduced to a single wound. I had also reduced a 10 man plague marine squad to a single man. On my opponents turn, he runs the remaining one guy from the squad out into the table, and unloads on my LoC, but somehow the little guy managed to get fired on by two twin linked lascannons, a heavy stubber, a heavy bolter, and the double tapping plasma gun on the lone plague marine and survive.

Now, on my turn, that lone plague marine is irritating me, and my opponent had a smart idea, leaving ONE guy out in the open, basically forcing me to either mess up my plan and commit an entire unit to shooting/assaulting that ONE guy, just to earn the easy kill point or ignore him and hope I can make my way back to him to mop up the point before the game ended.

It was then that inspiration struck. I flew my (somehow still alive) Lord of Change so that he stood in between a Chimera and the lone plaguemarine, standing about 5 inches away from each. I turned on the plaguemarine and fired off breath of chaos (template weapon, models touched by it take a wound on a 4+, no armor or cover), and rolled a 4, killing the plague marine.

Then I turned back to the chimera and unloaded bolt of tzeentch (s8 ap1). I managed to hit it, penetrate it, and rolled a 5. KABLOOM goes the chimera, hitting all 10 crew within with a s4 hit, wounding 7, and killing 5.

Then, noticing the fleshy meatbags out in the open, my same lord of change assaulted into them, killing off 3 more. The final two turned tail and ran, and were cut down.

At which point I realized that my (by all rights should have been dead) Lord of Change had managed to rack up 3 kill points in a single turn.

So, I ask you all on warseer, what about you? what's your most spectacular move? What's your greatest achievement? What's your "wow, that really shouldn't have worked" moment?

(edit: edited the story as I remembered I got one of the details wrong)

I was able to charge Prince Yriel into a space marine commander and command squad. I used his special attack granted from his laser eye and wounded the commander, and killed 5 of the 7 command squad members. So he got me 5 kill points in 1 turn.

siphon101
11-07-2009, 05:21
I was able to charge Prince Yriel into a space marine commander and command squad. I used his special attack granted from his laser eye and wounded the commander, and killed 5 of the 7 command squad members. So he got me 5 kill points in 1 turn.

How does that work? is each individual in a command squad a unique killpoint? how?

Lord Humongous
11-07-2009, 05:32
I'm pretty sure I've had a unit pop a transport that exploded, wiping out the remainder of a small nearby unit withe the explosion, and then charged the unit (plus IC) inside and wiped them out with sweeping advance. That would be 4 killpoints, but it wasn't in a killpoint game, so I didn't really make note of it except to be glad the stuff was gone.

Tau transports aren't that hard to score 3 killpoints off; shoot them down, charge the unit inside and the drones.

Stillfrosty
11-07-2009, 05:45
My khan and his command squad outflanked and managed to assault 60 necron warriors in 3 squads standing in straight lines (All I really had to combat was 10 at most) So after the assault was over the necrons were forced to take -10 leadership checks, he failed each one, then I proceeded to run them all down, and then phased out his whole army in one assault phase with one squad.

Triggerdog
11-07-2009, 10:01
Last year at the Chicago GT I had these two squads of deepstriking Storm Troopers, each with two flamers.

In game 4 I was against another guard army. He wasnt using alot of doctrines like I was so he out numbered me about 2:1. Alot of his infantry though were holed up in this patch of forrest that I couldnt draw line of sight to with my heavier stuff and couldnt get close enough to to really scratch, his heavy weapons would just blow up my Chimeras.

So my squads come in and I try to drop one on either side of the forrest. They both landed flawlessly and immediately opened up. Since flamers ignore cover he didnt get any saves at all. 4 flamers and 14 Rapid Firing Hellguns later at the forty men in that forrest were now 8 thanks to templates being able to touch more than one squad. Those 8 guys were a platoon command squad and three random doodz with lasguns.

massey
11-07-2009, 11:21
In an Apocalypse battle, one of our local players used that gatling cannon on his Stompa (the one that fires 2D6 number of shots at different units until it rolls doubles). Well, he didn't roll doubles. And then he didn't roll doubles some more. His shooting phase with that one weapon lasted for like twenty minutes.

He got like 40 kill points that turn, from that one gun. Sadly, many of those kill points were mine. :(

PrivateLucky
11-07-2009, 18:06
In an Apocalypse battle, one of our local players used that gatling cannon on his Stompa (the one that fires 2D6 number of shots at different units until it rolls doubles). Well, he didn't roll doubles. And then he didn't roll doubles some more. His shooting phase with that one weapon lasted for like twenty minutes.

He got like 40 kill points that turn, from that one gun. Sadly, many of those kill points were mine. :(

Completely epic!

I was playing against a guard army which had 3 full infantry platoons, this guy liked to play his gunline in a literal line. He had 5 infantry squads scrunched up so close i could multi assault 5 squads with 8 genestealers because he could barely fit all of his units on the table. I took out several from each squad and made him take sweeping advances for all the squads and took them all out. That was just from one assault. That also happened to his other 2 platoons because i ran stealer shock. Lol! 15kps in one turn. Problem was that it was sieze ground :(

Bathawk
11-07-2009, 18:11
How does that work? is each individual in a command squad a unique killpoint? how?

I'm with siphon, I thought you got a killpoint for each full unit destroyed, not individual models

Chairman_woo
11-07-2009, 21:31
I'm with siphon, I thought you got a killpoint for each full unit destroyed, not individual models

You are correct, what Leviathan2009 has done is confuse the rule that says a charachter and its retinue count as one kill point each. I misread this the first time myself, its easy to interpret that as 1kp per guy in the retinue but I'm 99% shure it actually means 1kp for the charachter and 1kp for the retinue.

Eldoriath
11-07-2009, 21:36
When my baneblade exploded it killed 5 units with it ^^

Cypher
12-07-2009, 11:48
Don't do Daemons a whole lot, but can the Lord of Change shoot at two seperate units in the same turn?

weirdo2590
12-07-2009, 12:04
Yup, with the wonderful power of We are legion.

When combined with master of sorcery they can actualy shoot at three seperate units each turn.

kormas
12-07-2009, 12:04
if you give it master of sorcery it can :D, it is vey usefull and makes tzeenetch HQ units VERY nasty

nosferatu1001
12-07-2009, 12:05
Yes - couple of upgrades mean you can do that. Up to 3 units in fact!

Best I managed was blowing a reaver titan. Took out 15 or so guard squads, 1 baneblade (was only on 1 structure point...) my Spined chaos beast, 3 vindicators, 3x8 zerkers, 8 leman russ and damaged a warhound on the next table. Shame my actual objective was to get to the next table...running an ig mech gun line was harrowing :D

weirdo2590
12-07-2009, 12:10
Heheh mega ninjad, took out 2 people there :D

Arbiter7
12-07-2009, 12:12
To the OP:

Not familiar with the chaos psychic powers, but your moves sound a bit illegal, do correct me if I'm wrong:

Psychic powers used in the shooting phase count as a shooting attack.

Both the powers you mentioned definetly sound like shooting attacks.

Since you already used a shooting attack on that poor plaguemarine, it means you can't split fire and shoot the chimera nor assault its contents since you shot at the plaguemarine (assuming the LoC can use two powers per turn).

If I'm right and these attacks count as shooting attacks then the plaguemarine deal was illegal. The rest of it would be perfectly legal.

weirdo2590
12-07-2009, 12:20
Nothing is illegal. Chaos daemons have no physchic powers, they're all actualy just shooting atacks. LoC due to being a mounstrous creature can fire two shooting weapons per turn, We are leigon allows him to split fire between differemt units.

Arbiter7
12-07-2009, 13:06
Ah, I stand corrected. Better watch out for those LoC, then!

Bunnahabhain
12-07-2009, 17:25
Manticore + rolling 3 templates + constricted board + good scatter. About 10 kill points...

I'd just popped 3 chimeras, so all their passengers, including lots of ICs got out. The blasts landed, the squads died, and the chimeras that had only been damaged exploded, and finishes off another few.

DaR
12-07-2009, 17:32
This one is actually outside of an Apocalypse game. It's also, sadly, an "own goal".

Shokk Attack Gun Big Mek is attached to a Loota Squad sitting in a Battlewagon. Next to it, is another battlewagon, filled with another loota Squad and a Big Mek with Kustom Forcefield. SAG Mek shoots! SAG Mek rolls double 1s! SAG Mek rolls 6 inches for the resulting "Oops!". SAG Mek Scores 6 KP... on his own side, as both battlewagons and everything in them come off the table, removed from the game without any save.

tacoo
12-07-2009, 21:27
this was against me yersterday, but we were playing a Apoc game, and i took the fortress of arragonace. on the first turn the enmy unloaded on it, but failed to fo anything (alot of dark lances), then the last dark lance hits it, pens it, and he rolls 3 consecutive chin reactions on the table, taking out the fortress. i got revenge on them though later with marbo apearing, throwing a vortex gernade on to the pylons, eating it, and then the vortex gernade bounced around, eating the deceiver, a monolith, and a lot of genesteelers and gaunts

Dark Primus
12-07-2009, 23:56
Well not on a single turn mind you, but my Greater Daemon of Slaanesh pretty much took out a huge chunk of a Tyranid army by himself. Killing a Hive Tyrant, attacked by six Genestealers, he retaliates and takes them all out except one, and then being assaulted by a CC fex but succeeds saving most of the attacks, leaving him with one wound left. He continues to kill the fex and the remaining stealer. He attacks another genestealer squad and pretty much decimates them too before the game ends.

Though I lost the game but Slaanesh pretty much owned. :eek:

darker4308
13-07-2009, 00:10
I've seen a doomsday device go off. That was pretty epic.

LoneSniperSG
13-07-2009, 00:15
I've seen a doomsday device go off. That was pretty epic.

What? Now I'm totally lost.

Logarithm Udgaur
13-07-2009, 02:31
It is one of the Chaos Legendary War Machines for Apocalypse. I believe it is available for download on the website.

Poseidal
13-07-2009, 09:01
The best I got was 3.

I deep struck (screaming jets I think) my Raider carrying an Archon and full retinue. Scatters 12" into the only piece of impassable terrain on the board.

Rolling on the deep strike mishap: Destroyed.

3 Kill points to my opponent before even the shooting phase.