PDA

View Full Version : Nurgle/Khorne or Nurgle/Slaanesh - two 2000pt lists

geldedgoat
11-07-2009, 11:54
I'm just starting up my Warriors of Chaos army. So far I've got the Battalion boxed set, and I'm working my way through constructing it quite nicely.

My goal will be a 2000 point list, although I might decide to expand it further afterward. I would like to keep my list somewhat fluffy, so I wanna restrict myself to only two gods, Nurgle and one other. With that in mind, I'm trying to figure out what kind of setup I should start with. If I go with Slaanesh, my marauders will be assembled with shields and hand weapons. Khorne Marauders, however, would get flails (and more blood:evilgrin:). Because of that, I'd like to get some help on what kind of list would be better at 2000 points.

Please take a look at these two lists and let me know which one is better, and what, if any, changes would you make to that list. Thanks. :D

=====

So what advice do you have for me? I would like the army to be as competitive as possible without breaking the rules of fluff too much. Unfortunately, GW seems to be having too much fun making it harder and harder to make an effective, competitive Chaos list in 40k and WHFB, so I know my list won't be as nice as it could be.

*edit* The original lists have been removed since they were taking up too much space.

OrderOfEntropy
11-07-2009, 21:24
First of all beware putting MoK on marauders, they are really easy to bait, and will not be able to take a counter charge. MoN on Knights generally won't be all that useful, as they are already pretty hard. Your magic is sort of iffy. Use your sorcs to make your list magic heavy or magically defensive.

geldedgoat
13-07-2009, 13:17
I think I've made up my mind and decided on Nurgle/Slaanesh. I still feel a strong pull towards Khorne, but I'd wanna throw Valkia in there. Unfortunately, I just can't figure out a way to really make that work.

I don't really understand your comment about the sorcerers. In both lists I've only got two: one scroll caddy and Festus. That's not defensive? In the changes I made to the Slaanesh list, I added a Collar of Khorne to get just a little more defensive mojo. Lemme know what you think about it and the other changes.

Here's my new Nurgle/Slaanesh list. I dropped the Giant in favor of a Shaggoth because, as much as I like the idea of the Giant, his ability to get to the enemy and actually do something seems just a bit too random. I also fiddled with the equipment and unit numbers a bit.

=====

Hero:
Exalted Hero - 216
Mark of Nurgle
Shield, Bronze Armor of Zhrakk, Collar of Khorne
Chaos Steed
Battle Standard

Festus the Leechlord - 185

Chaos Sorcerer - 171
Mark of Nurgle
Chaos Steed
Dispel Scroll x 2

Core:
18 Chaos Warriors - 391
Mark of Nurgle
Shields, Halberds
Full Command
Festering Shroud

33 Chaos Marauders - 248
Mark of Slaanesh
Shields, Light Armor
Full Command
Rapturous Standard

5 Marauder Horsemen - 96
Mark of Slaanesh
Light Armor, Throwing Axes
Musician

5 Chaos Warhounds x 4 - 120

Special:
5 Chaos Knights - 285
Mark of Nurgle
Standard Bearer
Banner of Rage

Rare:
Dragon Ogre Shaggoth - 285
Great Weapon

=====

The Exalted Champion and Festus will sit with the Marauders while the Sorcerer hides inside the Warrior unit. Both units would be 6 wide, and I'm hoping they'll be able to hold against most anything. The Shaggoth and Knights are my punching power, and the Hounds and Horsemen still screen and annoy.

What do you think about this one? Will this do well against a fair variety of armies? What would I have to be wary of?

geldedgoat
13-07-2009, 14:33
Okay, I take back what I just said, heh. I opened my book back up after thinking about the beautiful juggernaut model, and I came up with a completely different Nurgle/Khorne list.

=====

Hero:
Exalted Hero - 199
Mark of Khorne
Juggernaut of Khorne
Halberd
Fury of the Blood God

Exalted Hero - 254
Mark of Khorne
Chariot
Halberd
Collar of Khorne

Chaos Sorcerer - 181
Mark of Nurgle
Level 2
Chaos Steed
Dispel Scroll

Chaos Sorcerer - 181
Mark of Nurgle
Level 2
Chaos Steed
Dispel Scroll

Core:
14 Chaos Warriors - 298
Mark of Nurgle
Shields, Halberds
Full Command

14 Chaos Warriors - 298
Mark of Nurgle
Shields, Halberds
Full Command

13 Chaos Marauders - 108
Mark of Khorne
Light Armor, Flails

5 Chaos Warhounds x 4 - 120

Special:
5 Chaos Knights - 230
Mark of Khorne

Rare:
Warshrine - 130

=====

The Juggernaut hero rides solo or with the Knights, the Chariot hero follows the Warriors and flanks whatever they get to grips with, the Sorcerers go with the Warriors, the Marauders hide until they can flank something, the Hounds screen, and the Warshrine buffs something and guards a flank.

Whatcha think? This or the Nurgle/Slaanesh one above?