PDA

View Full Version : 2000 dogs of war

DrCamf
04-01-2006, 08:24
Hey trying this list out lately and had mixed results, but what do you think of it.

20 alcatini fellowship
20 Pikemen + full command
10 x-bow men
6 heavy cavalry
6 heavy cavalry
8 dualist + pistols
8 dualist + pistols

19 paymaster bodyguard + heavy armour + full command + warbanner
10 halflings
3 ogre bulls + additional handweapon
3 ogre bulls + additional handweapon

1 hotpot
1 canon

general + heavy armour + enchanted shield + sword of might
paymaster + heavy armour + shield + morning star
lvl 2 + dispel scroll
lvl 2 + dispel scroll

= 2000

shadowprince
05-01-2006, 01:43
really can't see anything wrong with it other than maby increasing the size of the pikmen to 25

Jericho
05-01-2006, 02:48
There is no reason to take Alcatani Fellowship. WS2 will hurt you more than Rodrigo's extra statline (which is still unimpressive compared to Ricco or any of the other Regiment Captains) so for 15 pts take basic Pikemen.

And what's up with Halflings? I have some of the models too (from back when they all had BS5) but I can't see any reason to actually take them anymore. The 60 pts can be better served by beefing up the Pikemen, either by buying more or by giving them heavy armor for 1 point per guy. If you need points after swapping out the Halflings, then you can safely get rid of the unit champion from the squad your General will be in.

I assume the General won't be in the Bodyguard squad simply because they can't be Ld9 and Stubborn with him joined... since non-Stubborn characters don't confer their Ld to Stubborn units they join. Stupid rule if he's the General, but I can't find any rule to say that generalship overrules the standard Stubborn rules.

shadowprince
05-01-2006, 05:54
got ricco's and fellowship mixed up, hes right either get riccos, or just a normal unt for cheaper and buff up numbers,

Jericho
05-01-2006, 13:38
Quick note: Ricco's are a nice way to get an effective unit with less models... WS4 is handy for keeping you alive (since a ton of opponents have WS4 as well) and Ricco gives you 4S4 attacks. Not bad at all, and the best part is he's not a Hero so you can use him in challenges and not worry about giving up free VP like a regular Captain. As long as his unit survives, doesn't matter if Ricco is alive or not. A unit of 15 of these guys usually does the job of 20 regular Pikers just as well (if not better). All that for 10 points less than 20 with heavy armor... gotta love it.

DrCamf
05-01-2006, 21:18
I used alcatini fellowship because that the figures I got, but thinking of getting riccos but that will have to wait a while.