PDA

View Full Version : Blood Drinker

Spellscape
11-07-2009, 16:24
Hi all

How the Blood Drinker works in the Blood Knights unit

For example:
Champion and two Knights are dead - blood drinker on D3 gets 4 - so I resurrect Champion and one Knight? Correct?

Drachen_Jager
11-07-2009, 17:15
You're not making much sense. Why are you rolling a d3? How do you roll a 4 if you're rolling on a d3?

Do you actually have the army book or are you just using armybuilder or something? It's pretty clear in the book you don't roll for wounds regained with the sword. Even if you did get a "normal" IoN per wound, IoN only heals multiple wounds on non etherial, non vampiric infantry.

Spirit
11-07-2009, 17:24
The blood drinker does not do D3 wounds

If you did cause 2 wounds normally using the situation you provided, you would indeed get the champion and one knight back

Spellscape
11-07-2009, 17:39
But what about text in Army book- the Blood Drinker works as if Invocation of Nehek was cast.

Spirit
11-07-2009, 17:54
But what about text in Army book- the Blood Drinker works as if Invocation of Nehek was cast.

No it says it restores a wound per kill, as per the rules of invocation.

It does not say that it casts invocation.

Queekvondrak
26-07-2009, 20:31
its basically saying that so u dont raise the unit size above maximum andthe chanpionisalways theonetob raised back first as of the text of invocation

gordak_the_hungry
26-07-2009, 23:56
what happens if your in ghoul regiment does it work to. and does it stop working if you have raised the unit above its starting value useing the ghoul bloodline thingy

nosferatu1001
27-07-2009, 00:13
Yes - it works the same way, and again if you have the appropriate blood line on the vamp it would still work at >starting size, if you don't have the appropriate bloodline on the vamp then it would not work.

Very clear and simple....

WLBjork
27-07-2009, 07:10
Yes - it works the same way, and again if you have the appropriate blood line on the vamp it would still work at >starting size, if you don't have the appropriate bloodline on the vamp then it would not work.

Very clear and simple....

Not at all, check the Q&A - second question under "Artefacts of Death", page 4.

nosferatu1001
27-07-2009, 11:17
Well b*gger me - I was just following "logic" and should have realised the FAQ would contradict :D

gordak_the_hungry
27-07-2009, 11:54
right i read that faq thing it says you cant use both refering going over the limit. i just want to useing it to raise ghouls with its old fasioned hacking skills up to its starting value is that possible hence does it stop working if the unit is above value

nosferatu1001
27-07-2009, 14:16
Yes, you can use it up until the unit hits its' starting size. why it couldnt goi up higher doesnt make sense to me....

apbevan
27-07-2009, 19:46
Because the magic is bound in the sword. Its not the Vampire casting it so his vampire power does not come into play.

Fall from grace
27-07-2009, 22:59
Simply put it restores 1 wound on the wielder or 1 model to 1 wound in the wielder's unit for each unsaved wound caused. Simple as that.

nosferatu1001
27-07-2009, 23:18
....up to the units starting size

gordak_the_hungry
28-07-2009, 00:06
weell it says restore a wound lost during the battle so maybe you just keep track of the wounds the unit has lost and thats his limit gets awkurd the more you read it actualy.

nosferatu1001
28-07-2009, 01:40
Well, a unit that is below its starting size has suffered wounds during the battle. Very simple...

bambamBIGILO
28-07-2009, 02:27
I dont have my book with me but, dosent it say to starting unit size, so if you have banner of dead legion you could go past the starting number of models x2.

(sorry if im wrong havent read over the vamps in a year or so)

gordak_the_hungry
28-07-2009, 02:35
ya but what happens when you start at 10 magic phase happens you know have say 20 for example 4 die from some means. now say your in hand to hand you have 16 guys which is above your starting value and you kill a bunch with your blood drinking.
can you (a)increase by a max of 4 since thats how many wounds caused
(b)cant do anything cause your above the starting size

i thought it all clear till the faq confused it all but im new. anyway just like idea of undead hordes shuffleing around playing tag in the full moon night and the blooddrinker helps towards that goal

bambamBIGILO
28-07-2009, 02:44
well the banner makes your unit count as double strength, meaning you can raise to your starting unit strength.
5 BL Knights can be raised to 10 BL Knights (kinda evil but thats just how i think it works. There arnt that many fantasy players round here and im not going 4 hours to talk to a red shirt that will contradict the offical FAQ completly)

AvariceX
28-07-2009, 03:09
Something I had been wondering about the Blood Drinker saying "as if Invocation of Nehek was cast" is whether or not you could actually restore multiple Blood Knights, since they are vampires and thus never gain more than one wound from Invocation. In fact the first time I read the item I assumed that was the very reason the "as if Invocation of Nehek was cast" line was added - I hadn't even considered the order in which models are raised. Like you guys have said though; it doesn't actually cast Invocation so maybe this isn't an issue.

nosferatu1001
28-07-2009, 10:46
Each wound you cause casts Invocation, so you can raise BK easily - each wound is a seperate instance of IoN therefore a single BK per wound.

If you have the banner of double unit strength then it really doesnt make any difference - each unit member you bring back then counts as double, so you still can't go above (actual models x2) regardless - say you have 10 members of the unit, so units strength 20 with the banner.

If you lose 2 members, you are down to unit strength 16
You can raise 2 members as each one raises the units strength by 2, so the third one would give you US22 - above starting size and not allowed.