PDA

View Full Version : 2000pt Wood Elf List - No spirits

Time of Madness
11-07-2009, 17:04
Another attempt at a no tree spirit all Asrai list. I think I'm getting a bit closer here to a competitive list.

CHARACTERS

Highborn
- Great Weapon
- Bow of Loren
- Arcane Bodkins
- Amber Pendant
= 246pts

Alter Noble
- Great Weapon/Light armour/shield
- Hail of Doom
- Helm of the Hunt
= 158pts

Spell Singer
- Level 1
- 2 Dispel Scrolls
= 140pts

CORE

10 Glade Guard
= 120pts

10 Glade Guard
= 120pts

10 Glade Guard
= 120pts

5 Glade Riders
- Musician
= 129pts

5 Glade Riders
- Musician
= 129pts

19 Eternal Guard
***Highborn here***
- Full Command
- Warbanner
= 283pts

SPECIAL

7 Wardancers
- Musician
= 133pts

7 Wardancers
- Musician
= 133pts

RARE

6 Waywatchers
= 144pts

6 Waywatchers
= 144pts

TOTAL POINTS = 1999pts

Well there you have it. I'm pretty happy with the list and think it will be decent.

I'm a little undecided on the general. I've thought about swapping out the amber pendant for the stone of crystal mere (3+ ward) or the annoyance of nettlings (opponents hit on 6's in challenge).

The general's unit is the cornerstone of the list and will be supported by the wardancers on each flank.

Anyone think I'm on the right track here? Opinions or changes?

Time of Madness

Time of Madness
14-07-2009, 00:04
Anyone like it?

Sappysid101
14-07-2009, 00:13
Well I don't know much about wood Elves but i'd say thats a nice list, and remember it's not what everyone on Warseer thinks that counts, it's down to your personal playstyle and interrests that should shape your army ^^

WarhammerNoob4ever
14-07-2009, 00:18
I dont play Wood Elfs but i have read the army book quite a bit before i decided to go LM, so take this w a grain of salt but:

i dont really like the list..... it lacks hitty-ness, other than the Wardancers which tend to get shot to death quite easily, from all my Wood Elf reading, it seems that the forest spirits provide the hammering that u need...

I understand your theme, and it hink theme armies are cool, but i dont really kno how its gonna work to be honest, Eternal Guard tend to not last long or go well.....

If you stick w the no forest spirit, think about gettin ur Highborn on a dragon..... It would really give u a rank buster, without breaking the theme, u could prolly drop the eternal guard and a glade riders unit to points u need