PDA

View Full Version : Ogre Kingdoms For INQ

abhorsen950
11-07-2009, 21:37
Am i right in saying that IG Ogryns are the same size as Ogres from Ogre Kingdoms?

If so, could i buy a box of ogre kingdoms convert them with GS abit and have them as a squat band?

Love for you guys to work on my idea
Cheers

ABH

abhorsen950
11-07-2009, 21:56
Will someone please just answer?
I really need this advice here

ABH

Lone-Wanderer
11-07-2009, 22:12
Well its not out of the question to make squats. Though they have been written out of the fluff so you may encounter some problems with a few players. Not me personally i love the Squats.

One thing you need to realize is the Inquisitor community is a smaller one, not many people every come by the subforums like this one. Even with the conclave being shutdown for a while and most people relocating here, you wont have a reply to a question within 19 minutes. So just cool your jets man.

abhorsen950
11-07-2009, 22:19
haha sorry about that
and oh well about the fluff i could just write my own say theyre genetic mercenaries or something
but there DNA didnt work and therefore are a smaller size or something
Ill right up a real peice tomorrow

Thanks for answering

ABH
p.s what should i choose model wise? Ogre bulls? and add 40k weapons or leadbelchers and add some gs and diffrent weapons?

Love to hear more ABH

Lone-Wanderer
11-07-2009, 22:30
They could just hail from a planet that has a strong gravity similar to ogryns. Or you could make someother suitably fun and interesting fluff for them.

Bulls would be good for simpler conversions, i would think they would require a lot of greenstuff nonetheless.

MacVurrich
11-07-2009, 22:31
not quite the same but use these renegades in a number of GW and Club tourneys
used Bull as the main bases and Nid legs
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139986
may give you some ideas ?

Catferret
12-07-2009, 03:22
Ogres and ogryns are good for Squats (or Demiurg or whatever other short stocky race you come up with) and short mutants. They have noticeably different proportions to human models so will not pass as one. I've got one of the FW Renegade Ogryns to use as a mutant miner. They have slightly longer limbs than the ogres/ogryns that GW do. Looks a little better for Inquisitor.

EDIT: The metal Maneaters are taller by a fair bit than the plastics. They may be suitable for your needs.

kaled
12-07-2009, 11:36
The Squats haven't been written out of the fluff; their homeworlds were destroyed by the Tyranids and their power as an independent race was broken. There are still a few Squats out there, but survivors have generally been integrated back into the Imperium of have struck out on their own as wandering bands of pirates or mercenaries.

But yes, Ogres can be used to make Squats if that's what you want to do. I used an ogre as the base for my Demiurg and I've seen at least one converted into a Squat.

abhorsen950
12-07-2009, 16:16
Cheers guys i was thinking squat mercenarie warband
ill write back sooin when ive got more time

ABH

abhorsen950
12-07-2009, 19:39
Big thanks guys ill work up some plans and stuff soon as the models wont be purchased till the summer
thanks for the help

ABH