PDA

View Full Version : Loxatl "counts as X" army

Dunadan
11-07-2009, 21:54
I'm thinking of starting some Loxatl conversions using Dark Elf cold ones or kroot hounds, but I can't figure out what codex to use. I have been considering playing them as Terminators(same size base/flechette launcher=storm bolter) or Horrors of Tzeentch(again, finding a gun that represents a flechette launcher). What do you think would most accurately represent Loxatl?

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Loxatl

Triggerdog
11-07-2009, 22:03
an Ork biker?

Dunadan
12-07-2009, 01:29
Orks could work, but I'd feel kind of bad running a biker nobz list.

Triggerdog
12-07-2009, 01:33
Orks could work, but I'd feel kind of bad running a biker nobz list.

Biker nobz are can be some pretty stiff cheese but if converted up a whole army of Loxatls then I would play against it in a heart beat

Hellebore
12-07-2009, 01:59
Well there really isn't a whole army that works like them. They are close to ogryn sized.

The only thing I can think of is an imperial army with Loxatl (ogryn) mercenary units. The ripper gun works like a flechette launcher (statwise anyway).

Hellebore

TimLeeson
12-07-2009, 02:18
its good to see people use their imagination with 40k, seems to be a rarity. I fully support this idea, I think you should use whatever list you feel represents them though - cheese be damned, id play against it whatever you used, its a great idea and I certainly look forward to seeing the conversions!

Earthbeard
12-07-2009, 11:03
I think the best route is more to have them as count as units within an existing army as, has been suggested.

You could make a full army, but the models would need to ideally be varied enough to fill roles, otherwise they may be a little stale to play on the tabletop.

I for one support and fully endorse this idea, my traitor guard beastman, are now a full count as Orc army or will be once I get around to finishing them :D

Mannimarco
12-07-2009, 11:45
loxatl fight alongside the blood pact dont they? so id probably use them in an imperial guard army/vraskian renegade list as ogryns

Lord Cook
12-07-2009, 12:12
I agree. They'd fit perfectly as Ogryn, including both weapons, durability, furious charge, and size. That, and you can include some varied support units in the form of traitor guardsmen and, should you wish, tanks.

Dunadan
12-07-2009, 15:09
I'm thinking a Planetstrike army then: run a Death Brigade using Ogryns and Stormies, since I don't like playing/painting horde armies. I could probably also include some allied Kroot mercs, since the Blood Pact is composed of humans and aliens. Thanks for the ogryn comparison :)