PDA

View Full Version : Great Weapon - does strikes last include the charge?

ScalySkin
11-07-2009, 23:00
How does the strikes last rule work for the great weapon? Is it strikes last when determining initiative combat order or is it strikes last on the charge as well? I assume that the rule would be always strikes last to affect the charge, but I wanted to find out for sure.

nosferatu1001
11-07-2009, 23:23
Strikes last is initiative order only. Charging ignores initiative order.

Izram
12-07-2009, 00:22
There is a nurgle gift (I believe it is noxious vapors) which says that every model in base contact strikes last. Does this affect the charger's 'strike first'?

siphon101
12-07-2009, 00:34
There is a nurgle gift (I believe it is noxious vapors) which says that every model in base contact strikes last. Does this affect the charger's 'strike first'?

it says models in base to base always strike last. As in ALWAYS. Under all circumstances. Charging or no. Always.

Spirit
12-07-2009, 00:51
it says models in base to base always strike last. As in ALWAYS. Under all circumstances. Charging or no. Always.

So what happens when he fights chackax (lizardman character, spelling is wrong).

Just pointing out that always isnt always always. :D

But you are right in general. The rule would override a charge.

Lord Yawgmoth
12-07-2009, 06:21
So what happens when he fights chackax (lizardman character, spelling is wrong)..

The game ends in a draw, M:tG style.

Lord Zarkov
12-07-2009, 11:06
Initiative then roll off I'd guess

grhino
12-07-2009, 13:15
Lord Zarkov is correct! This also applies to models with the ASF rule, unless specifically excluding this effect.

Evil-Lite
12-07-2009, 18:23

That is the beautiful thing about undefined GW rules: there is no way to prove any argument wrong or right.

Accept with official GW errata's, FAQ's, Etc. of course. Then again, they would not be classified as undefined at that point...

Staurikosaurus
13-07-2009, 05:14
Chakax's rules also carry the stipulation ONLY in a challenge AND the opponent strikes last versus him despite ANY ability that would allow them to go first - including the nurgle one.

He does cost over 300 pts for a reason.

N810
13-07-2009, 19:34
Check out the new Lizardman FAQ...
http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m220263a_LizardmenFAQJuly2009.pdf

Q. Does Chakax’s Key to the Eternity Chamber
cause enemies in a challenge to strike after his
great weapon?
A. Chakax strikes first.

PeG
13-07-2009, 20:33
The Chakax rules have been debated elsewhere. The rules for him, for the nurgle gift and for the WE item are almost identical and all of them say that the enemy strikes last despite any ability that would allow them to strike first. The FAQ doesnt mention this scenario but only talks about the great weapon. ASL trumps ASF but if both characters have ASL you would probably have to go to inititiative or roll a dice.

N810
13-07-2009, 21:58
anyway all normal weapons sttike first on the charge...
unless the person being charged has some special rule like "allways strikes first" or other rule like that.

WLBjork
14-07-2009, 07:06
It even states this clearly, last paragraph under "strikes last" - which happens to be the second paragraph on page 55.