3 Krogixors
= 165pts

RARE

Salamander
= 75pts

Salamander
= 75pts

TOTAL POINTS = 2000pts

The general idea is to place the saurus and temple guard side by side flanked on either side by the krogixors. This forms a solid center and allows my skinks/salamanders too operate/protect my flanks.

Anyone think it can work?
Time of Madness

Gramolarian
13-07-2009, 16:03
Swap the salamanders to razordons... salamanders as such small units are quite useless. Bane head is waste of points in slanns hands ... othervice quite plain mono-shot lizzie list. I give you points for Kroxigor use though. Rarely see them as strongly presented as you did here

Eulogy2
13-07-2009, 22:26
i disagree with alot of the above. salamanders actually are BETTER in single units if nothing more than being able to cause a panic test with only one wound. in most situations salamanders are slightly better over all, though i have had good success with razordons against ogres and wood elves.

bane head is excellent with the slann if you are using lore of metal or anything that will let you pick out single characters. you can knock out a heavily armored mounted vamp hero with a single 15 point item and a lvl 1 spell!

i like kroxigors, but they do perform better when supported by skinks. 16 skinks and 2 krox costs 190 points, will usually get you an outnumber bonus and 3 full ranks for a SCR of 4 without doing any wounds. if you go 3 krox's your relying on wounds with something that almost always hits on a 4+ so youll have 4 or 5 hits out of 9 attacks, and then sometimes roll a 1 to wound leaving you with 3 or 4 wounds not including possible saves. so for the few extra points they will do much better, specially if you can get portent of far on them before combat so they can reroll 1's to hit and wound.

to free up the points you could drop the saurus unit champ, as they already have 24 str 4 attacks, drop the TG down to 16 so you still have full rank bonus. 19 is really to many, as they just dont die to begin with.