PDA

View Full Version : Most wanted Bitz

Earl_UK
12-07-2009, 10:00
What would you say are the most wanted Bitz.

40k or Fantasy?

Specific Army?

toonboy78
12-07-2009, 10:16
multi-meltas as they are free (points wise) in tactical squads and you only get 1 in dev squads.

retail for around 3 on ebay..if you can find them

Vermin-thing
12-07-2009, 10:22
I'd say bitz service for everything, so I don't have to spend $55 on a model that I only need the wings/body of.

The Phazer
12-07-2009, 10:47
There was already a sizable thread on this.

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145171&page=3

Time has demonstrated everything I said in that thread that the new bitz service would never happen to be completely accurate.

Phazer

LonelyPath
12-07-2009, 11:25
I just want a proper bits service like they used to provide. If I want Coteaz' thunder/daemon hammer, I am not spending 20 on a box set to get it!

Duke Georgal
12-07-2009, 14:40
I do not miss the bitz service as much as I thought I would. I used to place bitz orders 3-4 times a year. I placed a big one when GW announced they were discontinuing the service.

As the newer plastic sets get released, and they contain plenty of cool extra bits, the need for a specialized bits service is diminishing rapidly.

I can fulfill all my needs now with a few trades and horse dealing.

~Aura~
12-07-2009, 17:32
I'd like Morathi's head to be available seperatley, and a "female" bitz pack with 5-6 female torsos (from the DE or WE sprues) and some female heads. Useful for converting Slannesh forces.

xowainx
12-07-2009, 18:31
The White Wolf sprue so that I can give an entire box of 8 double handed hammers and cloaks, rather than having the crappy single handed ones or having half without cloaks which looks pretty poor.

The Judge
12-07-2009, 20:59
For Pre-Heresy stuff, people love the Dreadnought knee pads, the Chaos Lord Lightning Claws, Terminator pads, old-style Marine heads, that kind of stuff.

Sandgrinder
12-07-2009, 21:13
Imperial guard, Cadian sentinel driver head.

Nym
12-07-2009, 22:56
IG Heavy weapon teams backpacks are also quite sought after.

Korras
13-07-2009, 11:32
and combiweapons for marines. the only source for now is the marine commander..

LonelyPath
13-07-2009, 12:27
I'd be very happy if they released the hammers from the Coteaz and Masters of the Chapter boxes seperately.

Jedi152
13-07-2009, 12:33
I'd say terminator assault cannons. I've seen them retail for 5 each.

TheBigBadWolf
13-07-2009, 17:13
I'd say terminator assault cannons. I've seen them retail for 5 each.

They are already available :)

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat1300067&prodId=prod1400025

I would like power fists or at least that old close combat weapon sprue with the fist on it

Deamon-forge
13-07-2009, 17:21
i sold 2 Assualt cannons on ebay ayear ago and got just under 10 for both......
i really hav no idea what the most sort after bit is

Bodysnatcher
13-07-2009, 19:14
Marker drones and Smart Missile Systems for Tau.

Bellygrub
13-07-2009, 21:11
The winged backpack from the possessed kit regularly go for about 10$ a pair. Not really that great a deal if you're trying to do up an entire squad of them.

Jim
13-07-2009, 21:15
For Pre-Heresy stuff, people love the Dreadnought knee pads, the Chaos Lord Lightning Claws, Terminator pads, old-style Marine heads, that kind of stuff.

...Good call...also the studded marine shoulder pad and some of the Berzerker heads that can be converted (take off bunny ears) to look like older armour varients are quite hard to get hold off and very expensive to buy via the boxed sets

Jim

Dezartfox
13-07-2009, 21:25
Most of you are suggesting stuff that comes on a sprue. It's doubtful that they'll make a mould for just that single piece.
One thing I did notice is that the Chaos Symbols are metal, but are replicas of the plastics...

Grimbad
14-07-2009, 05:57
The old metal IG vox casters.
Coteaz's scribe servitor.
Servo-skulls.
Gorkamorka/necromunda metal weapon sprues.

The Convincer
14-07-2009, 08:07
Like Bellygrub said - the posessed wings to make plastic raptors. Pricey.

Jedi152
14-07-2009, 09:34
The old metal IG vox casters.
Really? How much? I've got the old metal cadian one somewhere.

tattybojangles
14-07-2009, 11:18
The most popular selling Bit is the humble space marine running legs from the assault box,closely followed by mk6 beaky helmet and mk5 studded shoulder pad.

cttran77
14-07-2009, 11:24
Heavy Flamer for Dreadnought. Except for the Dreadnought plastic kit, all the other variants (venerable, Forge World) only come with Storm Bolters.

The Judge
14-07-2009, 13:08
Oh man, forgot the studded Marine shoulder pad... it's always out of stock on the sites so I simply don't look for it anymore. I needed tonnes for my Pre=Heresy force and was tempted to get a friend to cast some, but never got round to it...

Plaguebeast
15-07-2009, 02:35
I would LOVE to have the Mounted Yeomen command models re-released - hell, even just the musician will do! I honestly have no idea why they aren't available at all - not even direct only!

Plaguebeast

crandall87
15-07-2009, 10:55
The bits people seem to want the most from us are mainly space marine parts. COmbi plasmas and meltas, Mk6 heads, studded shoulder pads, company champion head and shoulder pads are very popular and Land raider assault cannons, side sponsoon mounts are also very popular. Possessed wing backpacks also. There are plenty more that are also very popular.

ashc
15-07-2009, 10:57
I don't actually like bitz services. The prices I see I consider entirely unreasonable on some stuff, I would actually rather pay the extra cash and buy whole boxed sets and have all the other parts that come with it.

Ted Williams
15-07-2009, 12:36
Keep it coming, you never know what you might get :cool:

firestorm40k
15-07-2009, 12:53
Though it probably doesn't count:

Epic Tyranid Infantry Sprue.

I will buy, like, 100 of these if GW re-releases it. Kind of like I (almost) did* when they re-released the Epic Chaos Sprue in 2006.

* Actually, I only bought 5, but still, that's quite a few. I spent 300 on Epic miniatures that month, the same time the new Dark Angels were released - I hope it skewed their sales projections somwehat... :D

The Phazer
15-07-2009, 12:56
Keep it coming, you never know what you might get :cool:

Though we can make a fairly good guess the answer will be "bugger all" like it was a year ago when Harry was claiming the top 1000 bitz would shortly be available.

Phazer

thenamelessdead
15-07-2009, 15:33
I'd expect things like wings to be popular. And skulls. I bet the old big skull from the hull of the big Dark Elf Man O' War ship was ordered a fair few times.

Tae
15-07-2009, 15:46
Iron Hand shoulder pads.

Seriously all the smurf successor chapters that no one's ever fricking heard get shoulder pads, but one of founding chapters who fought in the Heresy don't?

It's not even as if GW can't do them - they already have done them! But they only come in a stupid pack with 10 plastic tactical marines. I don't want the plastic marines, I already have an entire god damned company. What I want is the option to buy the metal bits from the Iron Hands squad by themselves!

Bael
15-07-2009, 22:59
GW should get Forgeworld to cast up resin sets of the most popular plastic sprue parts (such as Possessed Wings, SM Company Champion Shoulder pads & helmet). These are the parts that the current bitz services either charge an arm and a leg for, or can't keep in stock.

Ted Williams
16-07-2009, 12:28
Well we may disagree what the top 1000 bits are, but I'm still interested to hear what people think would sell, if there are obvious gaps, and if we feel we can offer customers a quality product, then everyone wins.
Quite often the reasons we've not done something is simply because we missed it :D

Jedi152
16-07-2009, 13:40
Though we can make a fairly good guess the answer will be "bugger all" like it was a year ago when Harry was claiming the top 1000 bitz would shortly be available.

Phazer
They're making more and more bitz available all the time.

I'd dearly love to see individual Questing knights cast up again. They're lovely models.

As for bits packs, i always though a pack of IG backpacks would sell quite well.

Ted: Thanks for the support, it's always good to know these things aren't falling on deaf ears.

loveless
16-07-2009, 15:16
What happened to the funky Noise Marine heads, torso, sword arm, and backpack (both the standard two-prong doom siren and the uber-cool Lord organ-style doom siren)?

The Sonic Weapons are there, and that's great, but the rest of the cool little bits are gone. I could see a backpack upgrade with one organ-style and 5 two-prong style doom sirens being cool.

A pic with the heads/torso/weapon would also be handy.

TimLeeson
16-07-2009, 22:51
My necron buddies are always wanting Flayed One Claws, and I cant say I blame them - those claws are very useful for other things as well.

Personally id like to see Horror Arms, Lizardmen Snakes and those genestealer heads with the tendrills - I need those for my Enslavers, but im not buying a whole box of genestealers just for what ? 2 heads I think it is - and also, people that want to kit their genestealers up with those heads are gonna find that difficult too!

The Phazer
17-07-2009, 09:31
They're making more and more bitz available all the time.

Not really, and they tend to fall off the site just as quick.

There's maybe a grand total of 100 bitz on the site right now? At this rate we will all be dead before they reach a thousand.

Well we may disagree what the top 1000 bits are, but I'm still interested to hear what people think would sell, if there are obvious gaps, and if we feel we can offer customers a quality product, then everyone wins.
Quite often the reasons we've not done something is simply because we missed it

The most staggeringly obvious gap is the Chaos range - one of most oft-attempted modelling projects in the hobby is a god specific army. And all there is are four packs of icons, which were available from plastic bitz resellers without any significant issue anyway!

People like to make god specific marines and knights, so why aren't there packs to facilitate this? Where's the packs of the Slaanesh Lord's helmet, or his shield and Sigvalds? Or the helmet and backpack from the Noise Marine chamption (which since it isn't in the sonic weapons set and the box has disappeared no longer seems to be available at all)? Or the lord's banner pole since you have to convert so many deamonic icon wielders? Or Seekers of Slaanesh - god knows why they've disappeared out of the range a year or more before the plastic replacement hits, so they're now going for four or five times their usual cost on Ebay. Or the old Chaos marine standard tops - I'd assumed they were lost, but the Nurgle and Khorne ones apparently still exist.

And that's just one god - similar cases can be made for all the others, and for undivided. GW used to run so many articles on White Dwarf about how Chaos was a converters paradise, and the heart has been completely torn out of it.

Phazer

BrotherOfBrass
17-07-2009, 19:18
For me, I'd love to see the return of the assault marine 'running' legs, they just make the lads look so much more dynamic. It would also be great if I could get the Storm Guardian heads seperately, as I am in the process of swapping all the heads on my jetbikes for the plastic Guardian ones, and I'm about to runout of spares.

Bluto
17-07-2009, 20:47
Two that always seem hard to get, and sell for stupid amounts on Ebay:

Assault cannons

White Lions from the White lion box set.

Both of these sell for so much it is almost the same price to just buy the box they come in!

burad
18-07-2009, 01:33
40k Boyz legs

BobtheInquisitor
19-07-2009, 08:48
The tank wheels and tank tread sprues.

MJRyder
19-07-2009, 18:16
I agree to some extent with the whole 'selling everything individulally like they used to' point, but I can see why they don't stick with that any more as they are trying to sell *full products* as opposed to only parts used for conversions which us savvy hobbiests would generally prefer so we can save money.

One conversation 'bitz' pack that I really was disappointed by in terms of its non-existance however is the vindicator sprue. As an Iron Warriors player I bought the battleforce hoping to find the conversation pack readily available to turn the rhino into a vindicator. But no, it was not to be. My fault really for thinking GW still supported its loyal hobbiests :(

In the end I used a spare Leman Russ turret to make a predator :s

crandall87
20-07-2009, 08:59
I think the reason GW removed the bitz service is purely down to their costs. Their metal products have gone up in price by a huge amount over the last few months. Instead of casting up the odd small pieces here and there GW now only sell bitz packs and complete metal models to make as much profit as possible on their metal models and parts.

I imagine also, if GW had to cast a whole model just to sell someone the arm or gun from that model that too would just be a waste of resources if certain parts of that model hardly sold.