PDA

View Full Version : Forgeworld Eldar Tanks

Raven Down
12-07-2009, 14:46
Can anyone explain the difference between our standerd Wave Serpent and Falcon and Forgworlds conversion Kit?

Cry of the Wind
12-07-2009, 14:49
They look a little different...that's about it.

Hellebore
12-07-2009, 14:51
Apart from the price?

Check out the pics on the forgeworld website to see the differences:
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/acatalog/QUATERMASTERS_STORE_ELDAR_22.html

Hellebore

Alsharoth
12-07-2009, 14:56
Slight alteration to the main hulls.
WS cannon turrent is different.
MK I has a prow projector.

DarkstarSabre
12-07-2009, 15:07
Essentially that's it. The conversion kit alters the main hulls in a style similar to the Cobra and Scorpion. I have one for the Falcon which I will be using as the 'lead' Falcon in a cloudburst formation.

Raven Down
12-07-2009, 15:13
Thank You All

They do seem a little more coherrent with the Scorpion sculpt and hell the price difference isn't to bad.I'll chuck a pair of each on my next FW Order to get the free shipping with my Scorpion.

Bregalad
12-07-2009, 17:46
Also remember that for a long time, ONLY Forge World sold Wave Serpents. They still sell the conversion kit with the major weapon in front between the two wings, which looks fantastic. Otherwise I find the "winged" back and turret also a visual improvement.

Poseidal
12-07-2009, 17:48
Of the two kits, the old Serpent one which I have used to come with a resin passenger compartment too, but I think they've phased that bit out, and send the GW ones instead.

Maidel
12-07-2009, 18:02
They still sell the conversion kit with the major weapon in front between the two wings, which looks fantastic.

erm.. no - its not a weapon - the weapons are on top of the main body and the shuriken catapults are underslung.

The bit projecting from the front I always assumed was supposed to represent the protective 'energy field'