PDA

View Full Version : Kislev Army Lists

Grimthug
12-07-2009, 19:45
Hello all, now that my Orcs are 1 unit away from completion I am starting to build a Kislev army. I have obtained most of the fig's I will need (other than the Kislev Mordheim miniature, those things are hard to find) but I am somewhat torn as to what list to use. One way is the dog's of war and Kislev allied contingent method. That is how I will field them in Tournaments.

But in searching the web I have found a couple of alternative lists, one of those is found on the Hammer and Anvil website and is still a work in progress.

The other list is from the guys at Tempus Fugitives. The list I found from them seems to be version 2.0 and was able to be used at the Great War against Chaos event that they ran.

A couple of questions/discussion topics: Is there a more updated list from the Tempus Fugitives? The 2.0 list had some interesting "issues" such as Strelsi being skirmishers and not being steady in the ranks.

How accepted are these lists? I am very curious about the T.F. lists since I'm not on that side of the pond.

Are there any other lists that I might want to look at?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Grimthug

LaughinGremlin
12-07-2009, 22:27
The White Dwarf Contingent list is GW approved, and Dazh knows how many private groups will accept your alternate rules. I'd rather not speculate. To be safe and certain, use the WD list. If all you do is play with a select group of buddies, and they are open-minded to alternative lists, rules, etc., then make any army you desire.

Grimthug
13-07-2009, 02:57
Thanks for the reply. I know and understand that the Allied contingent is the only approved list as I stated that if I where to play them in a tournament I would use that list as an allied force to a DOW that would look very Kislevite in appearance.:)

Any alternative list would need to be approved by my playgroup and that was why I am inquiring about the Tepus Fugitives list. They got a great write-up in the WD and I think (but I could be wrong) that many of the events they run take place at Warhammer World in Nottingham. Since I'm a little far from there I am curious as to what reception their list has recieved from people who have played with / against it.

Grimthug

Gillburg
13-07-2009, 23:16
Kislev army book is pointless, the other thing winged lancers advantage they have against dow heavy cav was the panic check when charged, but that does not work in 7th edition,. i run a kislev army with dow rules, its alot better.

Grimthug
14-07-2009, 03:21
Gillburg, Do you use the Allied contingent rules at all or straight DOW? Do use use Ice Magic?

Grimthug

Griefbringer
14-07-2009, 09:44
As regards the Tempus Fugitives lists, why not trying to contact the authors directly? They are likely to know best if there is a newer version under work or something.

Arnizipal
14-07-2009, 10:47
Kislev army book is pointless, the other thing winged lancers advantage they have against dow heavy cav was the panic check when charged, but that does not work in 7th editionYes it does. As long as the target is not in close combat at the time it is charged.

LaughinGremlin
14-07-2009, 17:40
Ice Magic IS the Queen's knees! (Bee's knees - boo hiss!) Anyway, why not play what you already have - DOW with a touch of "WD contingent list" to at least have some ice magic? To have another spell caster with the Ice Queen, you can add DOW mage(s).

Why not? DOW plus contingent list equals a surely acceptable and "large possibilities" list.

Grimthug
14-07-2009, 19:25
Griefbringer: I had the idea to contact the author as well. I sent an e-mail to his contact e-mail but have yet to hear back. My post here was to "poll the room" somewhat and see if anyone played against the T.F. list at one of their events at Warhammer world.

LaughinGremlin: The problem with Ice Magic is that by a strict reading of the rules the only one who gets to use it the Ice Queen. The DOW list limits the caster to lore's found in the rulebook. IIRC in order to field the Queen you must have an army of at least 3,000 pts. I could be wrong as I'm at work w/o the 2004 Chronicles.

Grimthug

LaughinGremlin
14-07-2009, 21:12
Yes, I know that the queen is the only caster of ice, but it would be nice if she had some magical support by other non-ice DOW mages. Kislev does worship the god of fire and sun, "Dazh," so you could have a "fire and ice" magical team/theme. There is also a god with a bear theme, so beasts magic would be great for a level 2 or 1 mage of course. I don't recall if the list must be at least 3000 points to include the Czarina -- that seems odd to me at the moment.