PDA

View Full Version : Arbaal the Undefeated

NakedBarbarian
12-07-2009, 22:55
I want to know more about this character - What was his story, is it true he rode a giant Flesh Hound?, and if so what the hell happened to him he sounds like such a cool character did he get killed off or something?

I have a sizeable khornate warriors of chaos army and would love to add this character to my horde, anyone know where i can get him?

Gekiganger
12-07-2009, 23:49
'Most favoured of all Khorne's many followers is the warlord Arbaal the Undefeated. Countless thousands have fallen beneath his bloodthirsty axe and their skulls pile at the base of the Blood God's mighty throne. A relentless fury of destruction and blood-letting descends on Arball whenever he wades through his foes in battle - no one has ever been able to withstand his attacks. He is ever awareof the eyes of Khorne upon him, knowing that should he one da fail in battle, the terrible wrath of his patron diety shall descend upon im. Thus is the punishment of failure.'

I always thought he was a pretty cool goy, his mount was arguably the best looking fleshhound around and I thought it was a half decent concept. unfortunately he seems to have been reletively phased out, his models no longer available from the collectors range so ebay may be your best bet.

forthegloryofkazadekrund
13-07-2009, 00:05
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Arbaal-the-Undefeated-Champion-of-Khorne_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ65Q3a12Q7c66Q3a 2Q7c39Q3a1Q7c72Q3a1683Q7c293Q3a1Q7c294Q3a50QQ_trks idZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem29ff97bb9bQQitemZ180 381793179QQptZUKQ5fToysQ5fWargamesQ5fRLQQsalenotsu pported

Urgat
13-07-2009, 00:11
I want to know more about this character - What was his story, is it true he rode a giant Flesh Hound?, and if so what the hell happened to him he sounds like such a cool character did he get killed off or something?

I don't remember his story, but yeah, he did ride a giant flesh hound and yes, he got killed. By me. Many times :p
He was very defeatable, he was actually quite subpar during the wild 5th edition era, my vanilla black orc general would eat him for lunch.

Dag
13-07-2009, 00:12
i had arball, i think i got the top half of him some where around here. funny how easily he WAS defeated by my buddies ooooold old old bolt throwers.

Witchblade
13-07-2009, 02:01
I remember he had MR, some kind of frenzy-ish rule and a rule that turned him into a spawn if he ever fled or something.

Skywave
13-07-2009, 02:35
Wasn't his Flesh Hound Khorne's personal hound or something like this? I remember to have killed him a few time, he was quite weak back in 4/5th edition, sadly. He had like 1 attack, but that turned into D6 hit if it hit or something like that, somewhat more character-killer oriented, but was still poor. I liked the model a lot though, I would most likely convert a new one if I was playing chaos :)

Azethel
13-07-2009, 08:58
If you want to run him in your army i suggest making him a khorne exalted/lord with axe of khorne/collar of khorne and make his flesh hound count as a juggernaut...would pretty much fit him and still be relatively effective.

As for the model yes ebay is the way to go or a conversion with the jugg rider mounted on one of the new fleshhounds from the daemon list.

Lordy
13-07-2009, 12:43
Arbaal - 570 pts
M4 WS9 BS8 S6 T5 W3 I8 A2D6 LD10

Khornes Hound
M8 WS6 BS0 S6 T5 W3 I10 A4 LD10

Special Rules
If he flee's for any reason he is turned into a chaos spawn.
Must issue challenges, if he slays his opponent he can immediately challenge another character in the same round of combat

Magic Items
1.Destroyer of Khorne - 2D6 attacks- 25 points
2.Hound of Khorne - immune to magic weapons, immune to magic - 250pts

EvC
13-07-2009, 13:05
Nice. I like the idea of using a Lord on Juggernaut to represent him. Or maybe just a Daemonic Steed, yeees... add Collar of Khorne and Daemonsword ftw! Must issue challenges eh? That's different ;)

Lordy
13-07-2009, 13:15
He may not use any other items.

EvC
13-07-2009, 13:42
...yes, in his 5th edition rules. I'm (obviously) talking about creating a character set-up to represent him in the current edition's rules :)