PDA

View Full Version : razorbacks

Wut?
13-07-2009, 14:11
i'm thinking of taking a Razorback with the heavy bolters to transport some (5 0r 6) sternguard vets. good idea or not? (before i buy)

EVIL INC
13-07-2009, 14:12
Use magnets. Then you can switch off between a rhino, razorback as well as the different razorback varients.
Definately a sound investment. I had actually sat and made up a list one time that had loads of razorbacks each armed with a las cannons. Looked good on paper.
Even if you dont plan to use it as a razorback, it would be a sound investment as you could use the top parts to customize a converted planetstrike bastion/bunker.

Urath
13-07-2009, 14:17
You could *EVEN* use the magnets and switch between a Predator and the two transports!

carldooley
13-07-2009, 14:22
fun use of TLOS - sit your razorback behind a dreadnought and only the top gun is visible. Also - you may want to invest in a couple land raiders. the front HB\AC turret is just the size of the main gun on your razorback. Also, the newer models for the rhino, you could just not glue the top hatch, which lets you convert between rhino\razorback\pred\whirlwind.

Mojaco
13-07-2009, 14:42
You must a very old-timer if you still refer to the Rhino model as the 'newer models' :D

Razorbacks are great value, so definatly worth the investment.

CEO Kasen
13-07-2009, 14:44
I love the damn things; They add firepower to my usual gunline/countercharge strategy against assault hordes while still letting me move Combat Squads forward in objective missions. ^.^

Doppleskanger
13-07-2009, 15:32
I use 2 lascannon Razorbacks in one of my armies, very rarely to transport things (it's a gun line kind of list) but they're great cheap tanks and can considerably add to your firepower. I'm also a big fan of heavy bolters, but only if you have loads and loads of them, I think i have 9 or 100 in that same army as the razorbacks. So yep, go for it, but make sure you have lots of other heavy bolters around, or they won't make to much of an impact.

Wut?
14-07-2009, 20:18
right, the feedback seems to be positive, but rule 1 is don't use glue.

:cool: thanks guys

cybertron2000uk
14-07-2009, 21:26
yeah, 6 rhinos in one battle or 6 HB razorbacks is the greatest reason not to glue!

Neftus
14-07-2009, 22:13
Between razorbacks and drop-pods I don't even use rhinos anymore

LonelyPath
14-07-2009, 22:26
If you buy the bits for the vindicator front/cannon and roof, you can leave the top hatches loose allowing you to turn it into one of them also (like I've done with mine).

dblaz3r
14-07-2009, 23:28
Definitely a good investment and as has been stated magnetizing it is the way to go and very easy. If I run a small vet squad or command squad I always load them into a razorback otherwise they get a crusader to handle the increased squad size.