PDA

View Full Version : What lore should I use ?

Highlander
13-07-2009, 18:11
well, i wil play a small tournament in two week i will play, where there will be 10 players, and 3 are using orcs.

So, consider the probability of taking on orcs army on my way, and the fact of i played against then just 3 times, i came here to ask an advise.

My army use Telcis as a mage, so, what lore should I choose when fighting orcs, and why ?

Thank you

Keller
13-07-2009, 19:32
It all depends on your own army, IMO. For my Empire, I generally prefer Beasts and Light, since they are fantastic supportive lores. If you want to focus on damage, it's hard to beat Fire. Then again, I have always found High Magic to be nice and well rounded for supporting a HE army.

What lores do you like? What do you want to do with magic?

If you are worried about Orcs, I'd stear clear of Metal Lore. The greenskins don't tend to have much in the way of armor.

danny7865
13-07-2009, 22:33
I personally would choose Lore of Death.Walking death and doom and darkness exploits the orc leadership.There are two str 4 missiles as well and the big spell is pretty light weight, but if it is cast with lots of units around should do damage.
However I agree with high magic as a good choice (always take a mage with it) as you have the destroy item spell the ward save and flames which is the bane of big units..... Then if you are out magicked just spam drain magic.....
Have you a list in mind?

Aranel
14-07-2009, 00:57
High Magic would do a good job.

1. Shield to protect against shooting and impact hits
2. Curse to help with creating Giant Kebabs!
3. Courage to take a charge
4. Fury to soften up units and destroy flankers
5. Flames to soften up big units and tie up power dice
6. Vauls to nullify nasty magic items

Against magic heavy Orc armies, never forget Drain Magic!

Also, you might want to consider Shadow for Unseen Lurker and Pit of Shades. Orcs and anything bigger (like Trolls and Giants) have a really low I and therefore the Pit would be particulary devastating.

stonetroll
14-07-2009, 01:36
To be honest mate... against Orcs you should take Teclis from the table, not replace him with anything and then give the Greenskins a fair battle.

Other than that... Death is the way to go.

Griffery
14-07-2009, 04:19
My favorites are death and heavens. I'm not sure why but I love the comet and also all of the magic missiles of heavens. Also death is just fun and quite good.

Highlander
14-07-2009, 16:51
thank you people for hints

highelfmage
14-07-2009, 18:52
take high elf magic against armies with blocks. flame will destroy most units. it does not need line of sight so u could keep him in a forest.