PDA

View Full Version : Taros Campaign Raptors.

Fay_Redd
13-07-2009, 20:52
Hello all, As you may or may not know i have a space marine army in the works who are the raptors chapter. Now then, for all of you who have or have read the Taros book did the Raptors forces have any named commanders in the book. Like Culln for the Red Scorpions do in anphelion?

any help appreciated.

Ironmonger
13-07-2009, 21:01
(walking away to check...)

Orelius and Kaedes are the main Captains mentioned, but I don't believe there are rules for them. Orelius is the man in charge, leading the 3rd. Kaedes, though having the same rank, follows his orders, leading the 6th. Hope this helps!

Fay_Redd
13-07-2009, 21:21
Ironmonger, cheers for that. Actual ruleset was mostly what i was after but a little nameage goes a long way. thanks

Urath
13-07-2009, 21:27
The Raptors are basically a codex chapter and sadly have no special rules for Independant Characters.

xerxeshavelock
13-07-2009, 21:39
I can only imagine that they had other things on their mind, otherwise they would have taken more of a part in stopping the hideously-run Imperial campaign from going off the rails. I could have run a better plan than that!

Maybe they were there with an ulterior motive, or did some stuff that wasn't written about. They should have taken the water plant, not the Stormies. Maybe you could incorporate some of that into your background?

Fay_Redd
14-07-2009, 10:09
@ the above post (im not even going to attempt to right that name lol)

yeah, that's cool, Ive been thinking about 1 of those 2 captains that ironmonger spoke of being a sicarius counts as. I havnt got any special characters in my army but i would think atleast 1 will give me something nice.

Brother Loki
14-07-2009, 10:36
I was surprised they didn't task the raptors with the water plant capture. Then again, Astartes tend to break things - they're not exactly subtle, and they needed to capture it intact. Maybe they felt it was safer to let the Elysians handle it.

Shadowphrakt
14-07-2009, 11:39
I was surprised they didn't task the raptors with the water plant capture. Then again, Astartes tend to break things - they're not exactly subtle, and they needed to capture it intact. Maybe they felt it was safer to let the Elysians handle it.

Not really, they tend to capture things intact. If anything, its the guards sledgehammer like tactics which tend to get things destroyed :D

Chaos Undecided
14-07-2009, 11:41
Been a while since I've read the book but from what I remember they still played a pretty significant role in the campaign even acting as a rearguard to the retreating Imperial forces and basically forcing the Tau to break off their attempts to run down and destroy them before they could escape. Maybe not the most glorious of campaigns but they saved the lives of alot of Imperial forces.

Epicenter
14-07-2009, 13:18

Forgeworld needed the Imperium to lose to the Tau, hence the IG tasked the Elysians to capture the water plant and the Marines weren't like, "Um...no, we'll do it, kids."

jb85
14-07-2009, 14:07

They were being used (along with four Warhound Titans) as part of an armored breakthrough at the same time which would allow a mechanised Cadian regiment to link up with the Elysians at the water plant. So the Imperial commanders must have felt that the Raptors were the best suited unit available for the breakthrough and would be more valuable there than being involved in the water plant capture.

laudarkul
14-07-2009, 14:12
And as an Armoured battle group together with those 4 Warhounds, the Raptors just smash the Tau front line and inflicted a serious defeat to those aliens.

BigBadBull
14-07-2009, 15:27
I think in the new marine codex , they are basically straight codex... but they have a ton of Land Raiders for some reason. I don't have the dex with me but will be happy to look it up when I get home.