PDA

View Full Version : 1500 point WoC list

Firebreather
13-07-2009, 20:39
Hey there once again everyone. This is my attempt at making a half-decent Chaos army...or the beginnings of one anyway, starting small. I've decided to go heavily Slaanesh with a tiny smattering of un-marked and Tzeentch when it comes to my spellcasters. One of my main sticking points is that I'm stumped on how to efficiently and effectively arm and equip my characters in this list for the most part. So, any help you can offer with this especially would be great. As always, feel free to comment and suggest in regards to the entire list as well.

Exalted Hero-
Shield
Mark of Slaanesh
*accompanies Marauders

Sorcerer-
Level 2
Mark of Tzeentch
Disc of Tzeentch

Sorcerer-
Level 2

12 Chaos Warriors-
Mark of Slaanesh
Shields
Halberds
Musician
Champion
Standard Bearer
War Banner

20 Chaos Marauders-
Mark of Slaanesh
Shields
Light Armour
Musician
Standard Bearer
Chieftan

5 Chaos Warhounds

5 Chaos Warhounds

5 Marauder Horsemen-
Mark of Slaanesh
Light Armour
Flails
Musician

6 Chaos Knights-
Mark of Slaanesh
Musician
Standard Bearer

Chaos Spawn

Chaos Spawn

Current Total-1365pts.

Tylorr
18-07-2009, 15:27
Well to begin with I am stoked to see some Chaos spawns in there ;)
Now as for your heroes there is always going to be those few items that are for the most part a give in. For your hero which is going to be challenging up te whazzoo I would throw down a Chaos Runesword and oh I dont know, maybe an enchanted sheild. For your sorcerer, conjoined homuniclous is always a good choice and well you cant go wrong with the power familier. The only other change I would make is to your knights, I know your going with a Slannesh theme but the mark of Khorne or Nurgle is just to good to pass up. I would either go with the Banner of Rage with MoN or the Blasted standard with MoK.
Hope that helps alittle.

Firebreather
18-07-2009, 17:28
It certainly does, thanks Tylorr, I really appreciate the suggestions. Okay, I agree with you very much, and I do think I'll end up changing around some marks and pretty much totally give into the mixed-mark Chaos style that seems to be promoted nowadays. Again, thanks for the ideas, I'll look into them and post a revised (and hopefully finished) list.

Havock
18-07-2009, 17:33
A mark of Slaanesh character has little extra value in a unit of slaanesh marked marauders.
Instead, give him, say, the mark of Tzeentch and a collar of khorne. Add a great weapon into the mix and you've got a versatile beatstick in the unit that also protects his buddies (MR2!)

Firebreather
18-07-2009, 21:08
Thanks for the idea, Havock, it's excellent, and I'll be sure to keep it in mind for future use. However, I've gone ahead and made some serious changes to the list, so much so that it's not really the same army anymore...at all. I thought I'd post it here, though, instead of starting a whole new thread simply for that. I mean, the original list at the beginning of this thread was the launching point for this new list, so it's all relevant. Anyway, here's what I'm going for now...

Chaos Sorcerer-
Level 2
Mark of Tzeentch
Disc of Tzeentch
Conjoined Homonculus
Rod of Torment

Chaos Sorcerer-
Level 2
Mark of Nurgle
Chaos Steed
Power Familiar
Book of Secrets

12 Chaos Warriors-
Mark of Slaanesh
Shields
Halberds
Musician
Champion
Standard Bearer

20 Chaos Marauders-
Mark of Slaanesh
Shields
Light Armour
Musician
Standard Bearer
Chieftan

5 Chaos Warhounds

5 Chaos Warhounds

5 Marauder Horsemen-
Mark of Slaanesh
Light Armour
Flails
Musician

3 Ogres-
Mark of Khorne
Chaos Armour
Great Weapons

5 Chaos Knights-
Mark of Nurgle
Musician
Standard Bearer

Chaos Spawn-
Mark of Slaanesh

TOTAL-1496pts.

I have to say that I really, REALLY am liking this list. I believe this is what I'll end up starting with, and I see it as being varied, flexible, and hard-hitting. With the two Chaos Sorcerers loaded up as they are and also being highly mobile, I should have a pretty decent magic phase at this points level. I like the selection of troops I have, and it should be a blast to build, convert, and paint up. So yeah, I really dig this army. What do you all think?

Albinowookie
18-07-2009, 22:50
It is a very unique list to say the least with chaos spawn and ogres. Is this a friendly list or a tournament list What is your plan with the chaos spawn tie up some troops in cc for a turn or two or try and flank with them? I do agree you do have a very strong magic phase with 8 power dice and an extra d3 with the homonculus and a level 3 bound spell. Which lore were you planning on pulling from? With all the points spent on marks of slaanesh you must be planning on playing someone with a lot of terror/fear causing units and/or shooting. In the games I have played as WoC (not many) I really havent felt threatend by panic terror or fear since i useally have a leadership of 9 around and rerolls. If you did decide to drop the marks you could get a 6 man front with both your cav units and be at 1499 points.

Just some food for thought, still a great list

Wookie

Firebreather
18-07-2009, 23:32
Thanks muchly, Albinowookie! I appreciate the comments and suggestions. I know, the Ogres and Chaos Spawn aren't the most common of choices, are they? I really quite like them, particularly the Spawn for what it does. You're right on with your assumption on how I'll go about using the Spawn. He's basically meant to anchor one of my flanks, possibly tie up a unit for a turn or two until I can hopefully manage to flank said unit with something a little more nasty, and generally just cause problems for the enemy on that part of the table.

As for whether this list is meant to be a tournament list or a friendly list, well, I would definately lean towards it being a friendly game type of army. I'm much more into having a good time with good-looking armies than all-out winning. Of course, winning every now and then doesn't hurt either;) That said, I honestly wouldn't mind using this army in a tournament either, just that I typically haven't attended many in my time.

As for the Mark of Slaanesh, you're right on again. One of my main opponents plays Vampire Counts, and the MoS certainly comes in handy against them. For the Lore from the Book of Secrets, well, I'm leaning towards Fire, if only for use against the crazy amount of Regenerating beasts out there lately(Hydras, Varghulfs, etc.). Of course, this could change based on what army I end up fighting from game to game.

I like your suggestion in regards to upping the numbers in my cavalry units, and I might look into it, although like I said, the MoS tends to come in quite handy for me. One thing I would love to have been able to afford at this points level is the Banner of Rage for my Nurgle Knights...that would have been great.

One of my favorite units in this army has to be Ogres. I don't see a lot of people taking them, and of course I can see why, what with the other excellent choices Warriors have for Specials. But I love them. They look cool, and with the MoK, chaos armour, and great weapons, they pack a punch, and end up being not overly expensive. I mean, a unit of blood-mad, Khorne-worshipping Ogre berzerkers is just too cool to pass up.

Havock
19-07-2009, 01:06
If you do take the book along, you really, really want to bring along the infernal puppet :p

Firebreather
19-07-2009, 14:40
Hmmm good point on that one, Havock, for whatever reason I completely missed this! Looks like I'll definately have to scrounge a few points together for this one. Thanks again!