PDA

View Full Version : 2K Heavy Magic List Lizardmen (First try)

WarhammerNoob4ever
13-07-2009, 23:35
Hello all,

First time posting a list on this forum, so please be gentle ;)

Slann Mage-Priest w BSB
Focus of Mystery, Focused Rumination, Becalming Cogitation
Cupped Hands of the Old Ones

Scar-Vet w LA, GW, Enchanted Shield and Charm of JW

Skink Priest, lvl 2 on EoTG
w Plaque of Tepok, War Drums

Skink Priest lvl 1
w Feather Cloak

Skinks x10

Skink Skmirishers x10

Saurus Warriors w Spears x18

Temple Guard w SB, Champ w Sword of the Hornet x14

Cold One Calvary w SB x5

Salamander HP x1

Im worried its very little on models, with 2RnF units, 1 missle, 1 hammer and 1 flank unit but i am really attached to Slann + EoTG........ all C+C is welcome

Eulogy2
14-07-2009, 01:19
not a bad start, but for 2k id drop the lvl 1 skink and probably the 10 rnf skinks and grab a unit of 4 terradons. you have nothing for saving your mostly movement 4 army from artillery, and terradons will be much more useful than 1 more power and dispell dice that you wont need.

WarhammerNoob4ever
14-07-2009, 01:28
not a bad start, but for 2k id drop the lvl 1 skink and probably the 10 rnf skinks and grab a unit of 4 terradons. you have nothing for saving your mostly movement 4 army from artillery, and terradons will be much more useful than 1 more power and dispell dice that you wont need.

ya, i would like terradons but i have the flying skink priest to use a LoS for the Slann to blast warmachines as a backup plan to the Scar-Vet of Flying Doom that hunts warmachines

but u think the terradons are a better bet?

Eulogy2
14-07-2009, 02:22
very much so. the slann has line of slight like he was a large target when hes with TG, so dont worry about that. the terradons will always prove useful, and drop rocks is amazing for fast cavalry or lone characters.

a flying lone skink priest is a bit risky with T2 and 2 wounds and really wont do anything a slann cant already do or terradons wont do better.

riotknight
14-07-2009, 05:33
This is no Magic Heavy list. It's got a decent amount of power/dispel but nowhere near as beardy as I've seen and/or run.

Wolf 11x
14-07-2009, 14:39
I would lose the Scar-Vet and the Skink Priest with the cloak.

WarhammerNoob4ever
14-07-2009, 14:56
how would u make it magic heavier? i already have 50% of my points in characters, really limiting myself on the amount of units and models i can field....... I would like a lvl 4, basically lvl 3 and lvl 1 mage is kinda magic heavy no?
I really like the Scar-Vet, w enough magic i have a 4 S7 attacks flying around to kill chariots, warmachines or slam into the flanks of small flanking units, but all C+C is appreciated