PDA

View Full Version : If you could choose how it all ends...

Troah
14-07-2009, 01:46
So I was reading a post and it got me thinking of how, if ever, would WHFB end. I know Chaos is "supposed to win in the end" but how do we know for sure? With that being said, how would you have all this conflict end?

Would you be unoriginal and let chaos simply win, have the world invaded my Tyranids, have Sigmar return and eliminate all of chaos once and for all, or have magical faeries in a pink bus with brownies and puppies kill everyone with their flamethrower on top?

I always thought it would be fun for a power hungry Dark Elf to somehow because a super daemon, kill a bunch of everything including fellow chaos stuff, somehow be absorbed by Archaeon or whatever name he's going by at the time. And then have an epic battle between Daemon Prince Archaeon and Super Sigmar 3 (DBZ reference. ;)) or his reincarnation.....Or just let Nagash win by killing everyhing in the world.

Ultimate Life Form
14-07-2009, 01:52
Another of these threads that sends calm WarSeers into blind Death Frenzy...:rolleyes:

There's no doubt how it will end. Old Ones return, close polar gates which immediately destroys Chaos, hunt down and eradicate all unnatural races and everyone who moved away from their assigned areas and then establish a system of benevolent dictatorship for the remaining races, and everyone lives in peace and happiness always and evermore. In the future, there is love, not war!:D

(And I will accept no other outcome!:mad: Disciples of the Old Ones, rally at my Sacred Standard of the Gods!!!!!)

Lijacote
14-07-2009, 01:54
I'd rather the Warhammer world fell due to the folly of mortals and not due to the awesomeness of the Chaos gods and their servants. Something romantic, like betraying the armies of (for want of better term) Order just before the critical battle for the world's fate. An extreme example would be unleashing the Vortex because your loved one was in it, stuck for eternity, and with romantic I don't mean just romance, I mean "imaginative but impractical; visionary"

Well, maybe the combined might of romantic folly and the awe of Chaos... I do love me some titanic daemons and hordes of malevolence given form.

After eternities of debauchery, bloodletting and rot the Chaos-dominated world could collapse on itself... and form a new world. The mistakes of mortals would end the mortal world and the impossibility of Chaos would end the daemonworld. It'd be nice.

tl;dr something bleak and cool and romantic with a cycle of destruction and rebirth

Also, the poster above me is completely false! The Old Ones are dead and will not return! Bwahahaha!

The poster below is also false! Your hopes are for naught!

Troah
14-07-2009, 02:04
Another of these threads that sends calm WarSeers into blind Death Frenzy...:rolleyes:

There's no doubt how it will end. Old Ones return, close polar gates which immediately destroys Chaos, hunt down and eradicate all unnatural races and everyone who moved away from their assigned areas and then establish a system of benevolent dictatorship for the remaining races, and everyone lives in peace and happiness always and evermore. In the future, there is love, not war!:D

(And I will accept no other outcome!:mad: Disciples of the Old Ones, rally at my Sacred Standard of the Gods!!!!!)

Agreed! The Old Ones WILL return. It's only logical! /rallies

ARVO
14-07-2009, 02:05
I would like to see a massive war with so much magic unleashed that it warps the entire world. At the height of the battle between Archaon and Tyrion and Malekith and Teclis, the good guys gain the upper hand, but the evil guys fudge the spell and send the world back to the day the Old ones got there.

Sorry I can't bring myself to imagine the WHFB world coming to an end :(

Creeping Dementia
14-07-2009, 02:26
I know how it will end. Some kid in London will wake up from a coma and realize that it was all a dream, the Warhammer world never existed, it was all just one long, violent, severe-blow-to-the-head, induced dream. We've been playing a game inside someones head. *cue Twilight Zone music*

Hows that for a final :wtf: from GW

Troah
14-07-2009, 02:34
I know how it will end. Some kid in London will wake up from a coma and realize that it was all a dream, the Warhammer world never existed, it was all just one long, violent, severe-blow-to-the-head, induced dream. We've been playing a game inside someones head. *cue Twilight Zone music*

Hows that for a final :wtf: from GW

Interesting...brings a new meaning to mind games like The Game. Aww crap! I just lost The Game! :mad:

TheDarkDuke
14-07-2009, 03:04
I would love to see things go just crazy as followed:

The first sign of a full Chaos invasion begins with a Dark Elf civil war erupts between the Cult of Pleasure and the followers of Khaine. Forcing Malekith to reunite with the High Elves as the Cult of Pleasure is backed full force by Chaos.

Tomb Kings wipe out the Vampires and their curse is broken and the undead of the world turn to dust and rest forever.

Chaos unites all the tribes, and gain the alliances of Skaven and Chaos Dwarves. They also pay for the services of all the tribes of the Ogres. Chaos, CD and Ogres attack the old world in a two prong invasion from the north and east.

Cunning planning directs the largest Orc Waaagh ever toward the kingdom of the Dwarves.

Skaven over run the temple cities in lustria, rendering the spawning of warriors lost, all Slann awake from their slumber and their last act sees them eradicate the threat of Skaven to the last. The surge of energy is felt across the world and as a result the northern and southern gates fully open.

DE followers of Malekith retreat to the shadow lands and prepare with the HE for a great invasion.

The threat of Chaos invasion to the Empire sees Teclis go to establish alliance with old kin.

The chaos invasion into the old world reaches the Empire with ease. The Empire with the aide of Brettonia are no match even in the fortresses that had stood the time of many invasions fall.

Orcs, Goblins and Dwarves fight to the last, both races kill each other to almost the last.

Chaos Daemons over flow out of the gates and waste no time destroying the distant empires of the east, and turn sight toward the old world.

Teclis returns with all the warriors of the WE and Sigmar who had long been hidden deep within their forests.

The WE fight and slow down the chaos invasion allowing Teclis, Sigmar and many mages from Bretonia, the Empire and the Wood Elves to escape through Brettonia on route to a meeting with the High Elf leaders and Malekith.

Chaos invades the High Elf kingdom from all sides, the remaining forces of good attempt to hold off the invasion for their last ditch plan to work.

It is determined that Sigmar must sacrifice his life in a ritual casted by the great mages which in turn will cause there own death.

The ritual spell is casted and all the great mages and Sigmar are sacrificed, the spell doesn't cause the mass death of Chaos as thought, all seems lost, until a twin tailed comet is spotted and all fighting ceases, as the comet barrels toward the world.

All mortal and daemons alike look in awe of their fate all as the comet crashes into the world, destroying all life.

The spell was misunderstood and was a spell to call upon the old ones to remove what they had created.

In the darkness that is now the world only one thing is said "The enemy has been purged"

LMFAO

IrishDelinquent
14-07-2009, 03:06
No one's in favour of the lesser "evil" races winning? What about Ragnarork? I want to see da Best Boss Ragnar thrash everyone, til the whole world is covered in Greenskins. Or, I'd also accept the rise of the Skaven, led by the Horned Rat himself.

Lijacote
14-07-2009, 03:12
<what he said>

Oh my god :chrome: I am totally in favour of this outcome. It'd be best if it were Eldrad who was responsible for this :D

TheDarkDuke
14-07-2009, 03:18
I suppose just to protect myself in the fantasy forum that I am a supporter of it as well as 40k and the truth was I had some great massive good guys win things and was like meh, GW would sacrifice fantasy for 40k if it ever came to that, so might as well go with a plausible ending.... ROFLMAO.

Boy I crack myself up sometimes... I will see a doctor about it someday.

Lijacote
14-07-2009, 03:20
Boy I crack myself up sometimes... I will see a doctor about it someday.

Never change, you are a genius.

Lord Dan
14-07-2009, 03:23
Chaos unites all the tribes, and gain the alliances of Skaven and Chaos Dwarves. They also pay for the services of all the tribes of the Ogres.

I just got this image of Tzeentch opening up his wallet to write a check to a group of Ogres. I'm pretty sure the whole "end of the world" thing would push the Ogres to join whichever side seemed more "profitable", which in this case would be whichever side left them alive.

I liked your other ideas, though.

Havock
14-07-2009, 03:37
The Halflings decide to make a navy, are plot-induced good at it, stomp the dark elves, rule the seas and with science, create many elaborate machines, polluting machines. The icecaps melt, the chaos gates sink through/into the ice and water flows in. As a result, the chaos gods drown, because water is impassable.
Deathfang...wingsomething...

... Karl Franz's Griffon mates with Leouncoueur's hippogryph, however, nature finds it impossible the get all those creatures into one creature. Tzeentch decides to involve himself, but miscasts and is stuck in what amounts to a giant winged horse with lion's paws and a feathered ****.

Malekith, now a dispossesed leader without a country to rule becomes a highly acclaimed author, writing many books on the basics of politics, as well as making a career in family counselling.

Teclis was arrested for involvement in a scandal involving Malus Darkblade and Malhandir. His brother refused to comment, the government official, the captain of the Phoenix Guard did not elaborate on the subject.

Archaon and Grimgor took their armies to the badlands and duked it out after Archaon trolled Grimgor in an epic way. Involving a slaaneshi spawn, Grimgor's personal boar, an effigy of Gork or Mork and dramatic lighting.

Nobody cared about the wood elves, same about the ogres.

The Halflings still offer 'dinosaur hunting trips' to, and into lustria.

TheDarkDuke
14-07-2009, 03:49
The Halflings decide to make a navy, are plot-induced good at it, stomp the dark elves, rule the seas and with science, create many elaborate machines, polluting machines. The icecaps melt, the chaos gates sink through/into the ice and water flows in. As a result, the chaos gods drown, because water is impassable.
Deathfang...wingsomething...

Malekith, now a dispossesed leader without a country to rule becomes a highly acclaimed author, writing many books on the basics of politics, as well as making a career in family counselling.

OH boy, people are gonna start thinking the Fishmen are Chaos Daemons!!!!!
That and people are gonna hope that Malekith as an acclaimed author is doing so writing Black Library books lol.

Havock
14-07-2009, 03:55
Well, the corrupting energies of the warp are not done yet. In the next age, fishmen will rise to power and it will all come down to the showdown between the Moot Imperium and the Fishyfishyfishy.

dwarfhold13
14-07-2009, 03:57
cmon man.. haven't you ever watched lord of the rings... it's what this whole thing is based on anyway.. the eye dies and poof.. everyone goes home happy..

dodicula
14-07-2009, 04:57
SOME say the world will end in Nurgle,
Some in Tzeentch.
From what I’ve tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor Slannesh.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To know that for destruction Khorne
Is also great
And would suffice.

Robert Frost

Alathir
14-07-2009, 05:01
I'm quite sure Gotrek will take up the Sword (Axe) of Khaine and somehow kill the Chaos Gods....

Plaguelord Deathspasm
14-07-2009, 05:36
I think that the empire and all of its allies will be able to hold of the forces of chaos for at least another hundred years or so. By that time the empire should be building computers and stuff. When the last great war finally comes the most important people will leave the warhammer world in space ships, leaving their homes to be consumed by chaos.

Lord Dan
14-07-2009, 05:41
I'm quite sure Gotrek will take up the Sword (Axe) of Khaine and somehow kill the Chaos Gods....

Or he'll finally die from a somewhat natural cause at an otherwise unimportant part of the story.

... Grotek couldn't think straight with the king yelling over the crowd. War was coming whether these people believed it or not.
"My people!" the King continued "If we are to believe this ...Dwarf..." the hesitation seemed intentional. Intentional enough to upset the slayer, that is. Grotek rose to his feet.
"...he asks us to risk too much!" the Kings movements were now wild with desperation, hoping to keep the crowd's attention off of Grotek.
"My liege!" Grotek roared. The room became very still. "...it MUST be necessary for your peo-"
At that moment Grotek clutched his side and fell to his knees, gasping for breath. Within moments he had fallen to the ground dead, his liver finally giving out from years of heavy liquor abuse. The end.

doc_cthulhu
14-07-2009, 06:04
Cthulhu awakens.

The Red Scourge
14-07-2009, 06:08
Nope.

Someone at GW will decide to move the timeline forward, this will be applauded at a GW board meeting due to flamboyant use of the words "dynamic, pro-active and innovative".

Too late GW realize that they butchered their creative department years ago, and they have no talented writers left. The fanbase leave the game in disappointment as the new level of fluff is so appalling that it isn't even able to attract 12yr olds to the game.

In a final act of desperation GW launches "The End Times" summer campaign, where KF is revealed to be a cross-dressing grey seer. The ogres develop anorexia because of an evil dark elf curse. A halfling takes a journey to the realm of chaos and dumps Tzeentchs Nuts in the Crapper of Khorne, an ancient heirloom left to him by his grand daughter. The WE broker a truce between HE and DE, but poison the royal families at the peace banquet, elves all over the world reunite at a great concert, where everyone has a good time, and all agree that it happened in a different state ;) Meanwhile peasants in Brettonia with support of rich Tilean merchants overthrow their "noble betters", who at the time seem oddly bereft of the blessing of the lady. TK and VC join forces to destroy Nagash, but he escapes by performing a ritual reincarnating him as Sigmar and blowing up The Ancient Nuke of the Ancients, he then finds a young maiden, fathers three sons and lives happily ever after ....

At a crisis meeting at GW headquarter the franchise is sold to Midway Manufacturing Company, whose representatives only comment is "BANALITY!" :D

Urgat
14-07-2009, 08:14
Agreed! The Old Ones WILL return. It's only logical! /rallies

Yes... Nagash will bring them back :skull:

Alathir
14-07-2009, 08:23
Or he'll finally die from a somewhat natural cause at an otherwise unimportant part of the story.

... Grotek couldn't think straight with the king yelling over the crowd. War was coming whether these people believed it or not.
"My people!" the King continued "If we are to believe this ...Dwarf..." the hesitation seemed intentional. Intentional enough to upset the slayer, that is. Grotek rose to his feet.
"...he asks us to risk too much!" the Kings movements were now wild with desperation, hoping to keep the crowd's attention off of Grotek.
"My liege!" Grotek roared. The room became very still. "...it MUST be necessary for your peo-"
At that moment Grotek clutched his side and fell to his knees, gasping for breath. Within moments he had fallen to the ground dead, his liver finally giving out from years of heavy liquor abuse. The end.

liquor abuse is nothing to a dwarf!

.... except for maybe a way of life.

The Red Scourge
14-07-2009, 10:24
liquor abuse is nothing to a dwarf!

.... except for maybe a way of life.

And probably the reason the race is in decline ;)

Grimstonefire
14-07-2009, 10:32
Archaon finds the blade of Khaine... Then learns how to beat Grimgor! ;)

Or failing that, all the 'good' races of the world unite and march right to the edge of the realm of chaos. The HE and Slann manage to seal the vortex, then the army marches towards naggaroth and wipes out the DE!

No bitterness there at all, honest. :)

Danforth
14-07-2009, 10:38
The icecaps melt, the chaos gates sink through/into the ice and water flows in. As a result, the chaos gods drown, because water is impassable.

Havock wins the thread :D

LonelyPath
14-07-2009, 11:16
I believe the skies will open and fiery rocks will rain down from the sky, that which is not burned or crushed during the initial conflagration would soon starve to death in the barren wake.

In other words, rocks fall and everyone dies :P

Condottiere
14-07-2009, 11:45
The meek shall inherit the earth.

Gnoblars win.

danny-d-b
14-07-2009, 11:50
The Grey knights turn up and purge the herotics

on 2nd thoughts, teclas comes up with some cloneing spells, clones himself and tyrion millions of times then with every other High elf kill the DE before marching in to the chaos waste and killing every chaos creature except archion who managers to kill all the HE and just before the origanal Teclis dies archion (who is the only worshiper of chaos left, every other one, deamon, beast and mortal is dead) mannagers to get the cloneing spell out of teclis and then clones himself a million times and runs through the entire old world and is just about to kill everything when the origanal archion is stabbed in the back by a snotling and due to a mistake in casting the rest of the archions die leaving nothing left in the world spet a load of crazed snotlings who have accesess to a lot of dwarf beer and magic mushrooms

DDogwood
14-07-2009, 13:18
The Imperium will discover the planet and cleanse it with an orbital bombardment.

rtunian
14-07-2009, 13:44
oh, they talked about this on conan last night...

in the year 3000...
games workshop will decide that separating the warhammer fantasy and warhammer 40k game system storylines was a mistake and relink the systems, resulting the implosion of the natural universe.

:p

N810
14-07-2009, 14:00
Old Ones return and Nuke the warp gates from orbit,
all Daemons on Chaos army books are no longer vallad. :evilgrin:

Nym
14-07-2009, 14:09
As some posters already mentionned, the more likely outcome would be Space Marines (or the like) coming down and purging the planet... All these Eldar psykers running wild in Ulthuan would make Grey Knights pretty mad. :D

Condottiere
14-07-2009, 14:25
Okay.

Eldar finally get around to discovering that this particular world is a Maiden World. They politely ask everyone except the Elves to vacate the premises.

vinny t
14-07-2009, 15:01
Chaos musters every last man/beastman/daemon and marches on the Old World. The lesser races send out armies individually but each is wiped out. The Dark Elves, Skaven, and Vampires approach Chaos attempting to form an allience but they are crushed in the path of the great horde. The races of warhammer realize the only hope for the continuation of the world is a great army, formed of each of the species. Every single person/creature rallies to Altdorf to face the great invasion. The two hordes meet, Chaos still outnumbering the races' army. Suddonly there is a great flash of light and the Old Ones return in a twin-tailed comet in the sky. However, seeing the Lizardmen, their chosen servents allied with the lesser races, the races they told the Lizardmen to exterminate, they turn around in disguest abandoning their chosen race. As they leave, so does the last hopes for the alliance. Their army instantly erups in infighting, as the races turn on each other's ancestrial enemy. The hordes of Chaos jump in the fighting. The battle lasts for a full day untill there remains a couple hundred people left on the battlefield. Suddenly, their gaze is drawn to a great hill that overlooks the battlefield. A vast hord of Orcs and Goblins oversees the battle lead by the chosen of Gork and Mork, Ragnar. With a roar of "You think we're underpowered!?!?" the horde surges forth, exterminating every last living thing in the world.

Either that or Extermanitis is used against the planet.

Dag
14-07-2009, 17:43
5 space marines show up. deem the planet lost and eradicate it.
(ducks the ensuing on-hand projectiles)

danny-d-b
14-07-2009, 17:46
either that or some elf slightly underestermates the power of commet of casandora

Condottiere
14-07-2009, 18:21
Substitutes the rune for comet with moon.

loveless
14-07-2009, 18:30
The Skaven/Dwarfs mine too deep and find a bizarre black metal door with unfamiliar runes covering it. As they get close, it opens up, revealing an endless horde of metallic warriors rippling with green energy.

That's right. The Warhammer world is a Tomb World, kids. The C'Tan just said "game over" to yet another abysmal creation of the Old Ones :p

Tokamak
14-07-2009, 18:33
The brettonian will conquer everything...

What?

Lord Dralnu
15-07-2009, 05:23
I think it will be something like this:

Sigmar will be plucked up and given command of the glorious Space Marine Legion named! ...the Rainbow Warriors.

The most powerful "untainted" human leaders/warriors in the world, e.g. Karl Franz, Louen, etc., will be plucked up and! ...be turned into Rainbow Warrior scouts/initiates, cleaning marine power armour and toilets for a few hundred years; then they may become mighty marines or be capped by some grot on a random battlefield, who knows?

Every wizard/caster in the old world, from mighty Teclis to sinister Malekith, from the most powerful wizard lords to the lowliest shamans, will all be plucked up and! ...sacrificed so the Emperor's Golden thrown doesn't crap out, thus pushing the "final flush" off for one more day.

And finally...

The races of the fantasy world will look to the skies as some mammoth object is seen floating far above them outside the atmosphere, nearly eclipsing the light of the world, seemingly looking like a small moon. Some wise, learned being will look up and say "That's no moon; it's a fortress! Made out of some sort of... blackstone?"

Moments later Abaddon will sneeze, inadvertently activating the blackstone fortress. And, thus, snuffing out all life on the planet, before shrugging, farting, and returning to the eye of chaos.

Thus, the end times will have come to an... end.

Fin.

252nd Fire Dragoon
15-07-2009, 05:28
Aloha,
Pff.. we all know the answer... It was said earlier. RAGNARORK!!! A mega Waaagh!!! led by best boss Ragnar will destroy all the stunties, Pansy pointy eared elves, and umies, and then kill everyone else in an orgy of bloodshed, including chaos.

WhiteKnight
15-07-2009, 05:35
It should be like this. All major gods in every races' beliefs will arrive in a mortal form and duke it out like an apocalypse theme. The armies of each race will fight alongside their god(s) and do the classic Good vs. Evil. Resulting in the world of warhammer being ended in ruin. Then out of the ruins will come a single champion from each race. The champions will do one last battle and the winner will be determined by..............a single dice roll. Evil wins on a 4,5, or 6. Good wins on a 1,2, or 3. The dice roll will be rolled by the dice god, Lode Ed.

Havock
16-07-2009, 00:26
either that or some elf slightly underestermates the power of commet of casandora

Or casts it, loses interest in magic but forgets to dispel it for several years. Meanwhile.... :p

Griefbringer
16-07-2009, 10:19
An ancient heirloom of the Old Ones, a most revered Improbability Engine, is found amongst ancient ruins in Lustria, and accidentally activated.

Immediately afterwards a mysterious rain of whales, potted plants, bananas, lobsters, cricket bats, American Idol contestants, pumpkins, fishmen and other improbable objects starts to bombard the planet, eventually burying beneath all the sentient life.

Condottiere
16-07-2009, 10:30
No need to worry until the Dolphins start showing their appreciation.

Griefbringer
16-07-2009, 13:34
No need to worry until the Dolphins start showing their appreciation.

You mean something like a "goodbye, and thank you for all the fishmen" note?

Condottiere
16-07-2009, 14:00
Dolphins are clever, just not terribly original.

Griefbringer
16-07-2009, 19:09
Another possible reason for the demise of the world would be a punning contest in GW design studio that gets horribly out of hand - managing to introduce several unstoppable doomsday devices just because they made for very fine inside jokes.

Supreme Archon Orlok
16-07-2009, 19:56
How about..... The chaos gods get bored, close the gateway to the realm of chaos, and decide to go down to the pub and then go bowling.

N810
16-07-2009, 19:58
2 words...

Killer Joke

Feefait
16-07-2009, 20:32
Skaven build a system of tunnels finally so extensive that it covers the entire known world. It eventually collapses under it's own weight. This kills more than half the population, decimates the nations and destroys cities. Warpstone is spewed into the air and water sources and the skaven are forced above ground. they feed off and enslave the remaining populations until they self-implode and kill themselves off due to being unable to control their new superiority.

zan77
17-07-2009, 05:18
Of course it will end with chaos engulfing the world and as they are about to conquer the last cities the Old Ones return and the chaos gods all go :wtf: and fight eachother to a bloody pulp all the way back to the gates without the Old Ones lifting a finger then the polar gates are closed forever! everyone celebrates then gets forced into their little parts of the world by the Old Ones.

willowdark
17-07-2009, 17:43
The Old Ones receive a phone call form their Stellar Gate repair shop saying that their new Stellar Gate is ready and will be installed next week.

However, since the Old Ones exist outside of our concept of time, next week turns out to be 5000 years. So even though the new gate was ready relatively soon after the old one broke, for the inhabitants of the world it feels like forever since they left to stay at a hotel and wait for the new gate to be installed.

The Old Ones return home to find that raccoons - i.e. Chaos - have broken into their home and have made a mess of the trash and have torn up the furniture. They promptly shoo them away with a broom and start cleaning up. They find the cats - the elves - hiding in the bedrooms in fear and the black one hissing and trying to scratch the white one, while the dogs - the humans - have soiled all the carpets and are running around, unable to choose between waging their tales and tucking them between their legs, their seized up hind quarters tossing around like fish.

Life goes on unchanged for the Old Ones, but the animals will never be the same. ;)

theweck
17-07-2009, 18:27
Some empire engineer is going to divide by zero, and all heck is going to break loose.

Drachen_Jager
17-07-2009, 18:51
It doesn't end, 40,000 years later the war is still raging.

Nah, seriously, some loose lipped Chaos Warrior is captured and tortured and lets the big secret of Chaos out. Once everyone knows the secret they all join Chaos and it gets too boring fighting each other so they all just give up.

Everyone in their world is just a model, their only purpose is to fight each other, that's why once someone joins Chaos they stay for life. There is no escape from this universal truth.

truthsayer
17-07-2009, 20:03
somebody casts comet of cassandora and then it doesnt come down for a few weeks, then it gets very very big and hits the world and they all die

bob_the_small
17-07-2009, 21:55
IMO, there are only two ways for it to go, either

: Chaos wins! Everyone else dies, and chaos become bored with poking humans in cages.

OR

: OLD ONES COME BACK! Close polar gate and everyone is a happy camper.