PDA

View Full Version : Chaos Marks

Vel'cona
14-07-2009, 08:16
On page 26 in Codex: Chaos Space Marines, it says that the rules for Chaos Icons and the different Marks of Chaos can be found on page 81. But I can't find them there, or anywhere else in the codex for that matter. How am I going to equip my squads with Icons, when I don't know what the different Marks do? :confused:

Does anyone know where I can find them?

The Convincer
14-07-2009, 08:36
The lower section of p81 is devoted to Icons of Chaos in my codex. Look again.

Vel'cona
14-07-2009, 08:49
Yes, it's the same way with my codex. But it still doesn't explain what the different Marks do. For example:

Icon of Khorne - All models in the unit, except Independent characters joining the unit, have the Mark of Khorne.

It's the same with Tzeentch, Slaanesh and Nurgle. Doesn't help much though. :(

eyescrossed
14-07-2009, 09:26
Check page 25. Look at the box in the bottom left corner.

Nicha11
14-07-2009, 09:27
I had the same problem when i originally got the Dex.

Vel'cona
14-07-2009, 09:50
Check page 25. Look at the box in the bottom left corner.

Ah, there they are. Sneaky little bastards. :D

Thanks!

Mannimarco
14-07-2009, 13:05
although many dont really understand the point of icons, for only a handful of points more you can make a cult marine who is vastly superior

eyescrossed
14-07-2009, 14:58
Ah, but you can't have Noise Marine Terminators, can you?

Skyth
14-07-2009, 15:01
If you play with the real Chaos codex you can ;)

Necrotyr18
14-07-2009, 15:10
If you play with the real Chaos codex you can ;)

You mean Daemons because they can't either.

eyescrossed
14-07-2009, 15:11
You mean Daemons because they can't either.

I think he means the 3.5 Chaos codex. The best of them all.

Necrotyr18
14-07-2009, 15:14
I think he means the 3.5 Chaos codex. The best of them all.

I knew what he meant I was just trying to imply that Daemons were the "real" Chaos army.:D:D

eyescrossed
14-07-2009, 15:19
I knew what he meant I was just trying to imply that Daemons were the "real" Chaos army.

Oh, what makes you say that? And if you're implying something like that, it's good to have an emoticon or two, since I didn't know what tone you said it in your post :rolleyes:

Necrotyr18
14-07-2009, 15:20
Oh, what makes you say that? And if you're implying something like that, it's good to have an emoticon or two, since I didn't know what tone you said it in your post :rolleyes:

Sorry for that it was all sarcasm as a Daemon player.:D

eyescrossed
14-07-2009, 15:23
Sorry for that it was all sarcasm as a Daemon player.:D

I am one too. Almost wish I didn't fork out $400 for the army.

Skyth
14-07-2009, 15:28
Hey, daemons were in the 3.5 codex :)

Mannimarco
14-07-2009, 16:01
ye and the great god know as 3.5 did look down upon his followers and did gift them with many broken and cheesy and overpowered combinations, truly were the followerd of 3.5 blessed, but all was not well for the other gods (and non chaos players) did grow angry with the favour of 3.5, they other gods did stop the great game and rise up to challenge our lord 3.5, knowing that they could never challenge him they did reach out to GW developers and made them write a codex removing all of 3.5s greatness

followers of the dark gods, mourn the passing of 3.5, for it is lost to us, never to rise again, no longer shall the infiltrating speed daemon prince with most of the gifts grace the battlefield

Industrial Propaganda
14-07-2009, 16:19
ye and the great god know as 3.5 did look down upon his followers and did gift them with many broken and cheesy and overpowered combinations, truly were the followerd of 3.5 blessed, but all was not well for the other gods (and non chaos players) did grow angry with the favour of 3.5, they other gods did stop the great game and rise up to challenge our lord 3.5, knowing that they could never challenge him they did reach out to GW developers and made them write a codex removing all of 3.5s greatness

followers of the dark gods, mourn the passing of 3.5, for it is lost to us, never to rise again, no longer shall the infiltrating speed daemon prince with most of the gifts grace the battlefield

Till the upcoming Chaos Space Marines Legions codices. :)

It's insulting for my berzerkers to not be lead by a true World Eaters warlord but by a regular Chaos renegade lord with mark of khorne.

sydbridges
14-07-2009, 16:43
Till the upcoming Chaos Space Marines Legions codices. :)

It's insulting for my berzerkers to not be lead by a true World Eaters warlord but by a regular Chaos renegade lord with mark of khorne.

Eh, the lords are a bit disappointing since they don't get access to cult wargear, but at least you can give them the mark, rather than an icon.

It's the khorne-worshipping terminators who suddenly are like, 'man, I dunno, all this anger? Is it really healthy? Maybe we should, like, chill, dude' when the khorne flag is dropped that are sad.

Mannimarco
14-07-2009, 17:08
think that doesnt make any sense, try a unit of chaos space marines with the icon of nurgle, one minute bolt shells are just bouncing off them then as soon as the guy carrying a stick falls over they start dying just as easily as any other marine

eyescrossed
15-07-2009, 01:47
Or,
Random Tzeentch Marine: "Haha! We all shrugged off that Demolisher cannon shot!"
Icon Bearer: "Whoops, I dropped it"
"Dropped what?...ARGHGH!!!!" *Dies from Plasmagun*

I hate Icons.