PDA

View Full Version : 2000 point WoC army

Firebreather
15-07-2009, 03:40
Now, let me begin by saying that this list is not meant to be a tournament style, uber efficient build by any means. I'm a rank amateur when it comes to playing Warriors of Chaos, so making an optimal list would be silly anyway. This list is meant to be played in mostly friendly games for now, being a beginner with Chaos as I said. Of course, I wouldn't mind the list to be at least half-decent, which is why I'm posting its' current form here, for you to comment upon and make suggestions, etc. Without further preamble, the list!

Chaos Lord-
Shield
Daemonic Mount
Rending Sword
Armour of Damnation
Blasphemous Amulet

Chaos Sorcerer-
Level 2
Mark of Tzeentch
Disc of Tzeentch
Conjoned Homonculus
Rod of Torment

Chaos Sorcerer-
Level 2
Mark of Nurgle
Chaos Steed
Power Familiar
Book of Secrets

12 Chaos Warriors-
Mark of Slaanesh
Shields
Halberds
Musician
Champion
Standard Bearer
War Banner

20 Chaos Marauders-
Mark of Slaanesh
Shields
Light Armour
Musician
Standard Bearer
Chieftan

5 Chaos Warhounds

5 Chaos Warhounds

5 Marauder Horsemen-
Mark of Slaanesh
Light Armour
Flails
Musician

5 Chaos Knights-
Mark of Nurgle
Musician
Champion
Standard Bearer

4 Ogres-
Mark of Khorne
Chaos Armour
Great Weapons

Chaos Spawn

Chaos Spawn

TOTAL-1996pts.

So, there we have it. Overall, I really like the look of it at this point. You'll notice the inclusion of a Chaos Lord, unmarked at that. This isn't something I see much of in a lot of lists, and I believe I know why. I do like the idea of a hideously powerful and tough Chaos Lord though...it might be a bad choice, and if you see it as overly horrible, let me know.

Other than that, I'll leave you to it. Anything you might have to say about this army would be very helpful. So have at it!

Griffery
15-07-2009, 06:05
Looks pretty good. This is just me, but I don't really like ogres, but if I were to use some, that is how I would build them so I aprove. One thing I might do is get rid of the chieftan in the marauders and give them flails. You would be 4 points over, I don't know if you care. But besides that it looks good. Nice job.

Drachen_Jager
15-07-2009, 16:48
The demonic mount isn't that great. Why not mark your lord then you can pick some of the better mounts, depending on what role you want him to play, Disk of Tzeentch is faster, Juggernaut is harder, Steed of Slanesh is faster too. If you don't want one of those I'd save some points and just get him a regular mount.

Most times a lowly Sword of Might will serve you better than the rending sword and it's a lot cheaper. And while I'm beating up the Lord look at the stat difference between a Lord and an Exalted, 100 points buys you very little. Better to take a sorcerer lord (I'd switch the Tzeentch guy) and an Exalted Champ, your magic phase will thank you.

Firebreather
15-07-2009, 17:14
Hmmm okay, thanks muchly, Drachen_Jager, that might just be a great idea. I more or less left the Lord unmarked simply for background reasons of my own, but I see your points. I am tempted to take your advice in regards to dropping him to an Exalted and making the Tzeentch Sorcerer into a Sorcerer Lord...very tempted.

Griffery: Thanks very much for the compliment! The Ogres are really just some added beef, and the conversion oppurtunity is too good to pass up. And honestly, a blood-mad group of Khornate Ogre berzerkers is pure awesome:) The Marauders I like as is, as it gives me a bit of a static combat res crutch that the rest of the force lacks, but I'll certainly give your suggestion on Marauders some thought. They'd definately be much more killy that way...

Also, I've been thinking on the Lord's(if I do end up keeping him) magic item loadout. Could I make him all the more killtastic and tough, say, against a Vampire Lord or some such other tough fighter Lord choice? Suggestions? With that in mind, if I do keep the Lord, chances are for my piece of mind, I'll keep him unmarked, so take that into account when thinking of ways to mke him harder and more terrifying for the enemy. I think I will start by taking Drachen's advice and stick him on a Chaos Steed rather than the Daemonic Mount.