PDA

View Full Version : Plague Marines

Vel'cona
15-07-2009, 22:15
What weapons do you get when you buy a box of Plague Marines? I know there is a plasma gun in there, but what about a flamer or a meltagun? Are there any options for the Plague Champion?

Raalyk Saaris
15-07-2009, 22:52
I cant remember, I think you just get two plasma guns.

ashc
15-07-2009, 22:54
The current metal box has a single plasmagun and a power weapon for the champion.

Lord Damocles
15-07-2009, 22:54
Surprisingly enough, it tells you on the GW website (http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat1300079&prodId=prod1095441)...

only joking...
15-07-2009, 22:55
There used to be a havoc box and blister packs in which you got plague marines with flamers, meltas and plasma guns. Sadly I think it no longer exists :(

Nicha11
15-07-2009, 22:56
Personnaly i would not buy the Plague Marine box, the models are quite ugly and the weapons choices are poor (IMO).

I just by Normal Chaos Space Marine squads and convert them untill they are nice and nurgly.

ashc
15-07-2009, 22:56
There used to be a havoc box and blister packs in which you got plague marines with flamers, meltas and plasma guns. Sadly I think it no longer exists :(

Yeah you can't get those for love nor money. Fortunately, if you are getting CSMs too you get a whole load of special weapons for conversion purposes, its the best you can work with, plus you can get the old special weapon plague marines on ebay often enough.

Raalyk Saaris
15-07-2009, 23:00
I remember, its true, they do have only one plasma gun and a strange, tipless sword.

I forgot because I bought a csm box at the same time and converted them all into plague marines by spreading bitz around (and the plague)

only joking...
15-07-2009, 23:03
Yeah you can't get those for love nor money. Fortunately, if you are getting CSMs too you get a whole load of special weapons for conversion purposes, its the best you can work with, plus you can get the old special weapon plague marines on ebay often enough.

They are stupendously expensive on Ebay.

Joewrightgm
16-07-2009, 01:59
The best solution (at least for looks) is to get the plague marine upgrade pack from forgeworld and use the normal chaos marine sprue; that way you get 1 of each weapon and you also get the weapons for the champion as well.

Mannimarco
16-07-2009, 02:12
and the forgeworld kit is a thing of beauty, easier to paint than these metal models and has a hell of a lot more variety

Vel'cona
16-07-2009, 08:22
Surprisingly enough, it tells you on the GW website (http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat1300079&prodId=prod1095441)...

I looked there first, and that's where I got the information about the plasma gun. But it didn't say anything about including a power weapon for the champion, which I instead found out here ;)

Thanks for your help guys. I'm thinking of fielding a army made out of 7 squads of 7 Plague Marines, and then go with some Rhinos and tanks for the rest of the points (2000 points total). Would that work?

Angel of the Black Parade
16-07-2009, 08:31
I looked there first, and that's where I got the information about the plasma gun. But it didn't say anything about including a power weapon for the champion, which I instead found out here ;)

Thanks for your help guys. I'm thinking of fielding a army made out of 7 squads of 7 Plague Marines, and then go with some Rhinos and tanks for the rest of the points (2000 points total). Would that work?

Nope, because you can have at most six troops choices :)

Vel'cona
16-07-2009, 08:43
Ah, thanks for reminding me, I totally forgot about that. :p

Well, I guess I have to cut it down to six. Pitty, there goes Nurgle's sacred number.

At least it will give me the points I need to take another predator. :)

Fo'Shizzle
16-07-2009, 09:21
Ah, thanks for reminding me, I totally forgot about that. :p

Well, I guess I have to cut it down to six. Pitty, there goes Nurgle's sacred number.

At least it will give me the points I need to take another predator. :)

Or a unit of 7 terminators with IoN?? Comes to 250pts though so maybe not...

Satan
16-07-2009, 09:31

I have loads of those. Well, not loads but maybe 4 or 5. However I don't part with stuff for love...

Vel'cona
16-07-2009, 09:45
Or a unit of 7 terminators with IoN?? Comes to 250pts though so maybe not...

Perhaps. My Plague Marine units are all 241 points each. :p

I made an army list in the Army List forum, have a look if you want too.

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=210123

CandleJack
16-07-2009, 13:31
I just finished a 10 man squad of plague marines. I used a standard box of CSM and a bunch of Green Stuff.
The special wep sprue has:
2X Plasma Pistols
1X Plasma Rifle
1X Auto cannon
1X Flamer
1X Melta Gun
An various champion bitz: Power fist, sword, diff icons, heads (Depending on the God of Worship)

I took two standard CSM and the Champ and magnatized the arms so I'm not stuck with just one option glued on to them.
But it's super easy to make Plague Marines outta reg CSM. I even gonna make more out of AoBR Marines and Termies, just add green stuff, skulls, horns, and spiky bitz.;)