PDA

View Full Version : frenzy'd characters and frenzy units

eyeolas
16-07-2009, 00:07
A prety simple question on the face of it, but its very open to iterpretation. Can a frenzy'd unit declaire a normal charge? (before the frenzy rule is resolved).

The situation came up where a juggernaut lord was in a unit of khorne nights and the player declaired a charge with the lord on his own. The frenzy'd unit was then unable to declaire a charge (as is the normal case of a character charging out of a unit, as the unit as a whole has already declaired one charge that turn), and so continued as normal in the movement phase even though there had been potential chargees within range. The player did it to avoid wheeling with his unit and personally I think this is how the rule is played, but after looking up the rules, it seems a bit unclear as to wheather a frenzied unit (in this case character) can declaire a normal charge or whether they HAVE to wait untill after normal charges are declaired.

For reference, here's the quote: "in the declaire charges part of the movement phase, after the charges of all non-frenzied troops have been declaired (including relative charge responses), measure to see if any enemies are within charge reach of any frenzied troops (ie, within the unit's charge move and in their normal arc of sight)

Personally, I don't see anything stopping the charcetr declairing a normal charge, but I recon the unit should have still been forced to charge any unit within charge range

Any thoughts?

Nurgling Chieftain
16-07-2009, 00:17
Can a frenzy'd unit declaire a normal charge?No. While the rulebook is unclear on this point, it's explicitly stated in the FAQ. Frenzied units declare "frenzy charges" only.

eyeolas
16-07-2009, 00:24
Ah, fair enough. cheers for the quicky

nosferatu1001
16-07-2009, 06:51
No worries. The FAQ part two specifically states you must wait until other charges have been declared, and at that point only gives you allowance to perform a charge once you have measured. As it is then against the normal charge declaration rules to declare after measuring you can't declare a normal charge.