PDA

View Full Version : Pig Iron Counts-As...

Ironmonger
16-07-2009, 07:36
After getting a sizable order of Pig Iron through Rattlehead Games (huzzah! Rattlehead!!!), and some more on the way, I've decided to do a counts-as IG with the new codex and 5th ed. Kolony Militia will be the basic troops, with NCO's as Sergeants, SAW's as Plasma Guns, Flamethrowers as Flamers, Heavy Lasers as Melta Guns, Sniper Rifles as Sniper Rifles, and Wardroids as Ogryn.

Any more ideas?

Mods: if this isn't the place, feel free to move it!

ashc
16-07-2009, 10:18
Sniper Rifles as Sniper Rifles.

Genius, I love this idea! Who would know!? :D

On a serious note, I think its a cool idea if you like the models, so go for it!

Vote Kantor
16-07-2009, 10:57

You know he also said:

Flamethrowers as Flamers

On topic: go ahead, I love it when people do things like that.

Darwin_green
16-07-2009, 11:40
you know, to stretch your dollar out, it wouldn't hurt to use Cadians with militia heads as conscripts.

also, don't forget the heavy infantry would work fine as stormtroopers/grenadiers.

boogle
16-07-2009, 11:44
Pig Iron! I loves you mahn!

I'm receiving an order of HD.6 heads from them tomorrow, shenanigans with the credit card held things up a week -.-

On their site there are some pics of LeeHarvey's (who is also on rogue-market.com) Ironside conversions, using the Pig Iron tanks and some DKoK bits to make Chimeras and somesuch.; you might want to check it out :)

Do you have a link to his work?

boogle
16-07-2009, 11:51
hmm the link doesn't work for me, it says Rogue Market is down

Ironmonger
16-07-2009, 17:57

I was just including it for the sake of completeness, just like the Flamers. I iz a guhd boi:angel:

I've got a Platoon Pack 1 on the way, so I think I can probably find my way into using it as Stormies/Grenadiers. If as vets, I could use the heavy weapons teams, with the sturmtroopers I could only use the SAW's... Pig Iron, if any of ya'll are looking at this, make some Heavy Infantry with short-barreled heavy lasers!

In general, missile teams will be used as... wait a minute! Ahhh... you guys... (wags finger)... you're trying to get me to do that again:rolleyes::p

But here's another question: I've ordered a bunch of Old Crow vehicles for this army. What should they proxy as?!

ashc
16-07-2009, 18:09
Linkie please? so we can decide? :D

boogle
16-07-2009, 19:27
for Pig Iron: http://www.pig-iron-productions.com/

Archangel_Ruined
16-07-2009, 22:34
If you don't play in a GW or GW tournies then it's a good move. They're nice enough models, the cast quality can be a bit iffy but nothing a file wont fix. Good luck to you.

Orcboy_Phil
16-07-2009, 23:22
I've got some HD.6 heads heading here myself and the weapons pack. Looking forward to using them with Cadians to make Vets with shotguns.

Ironmonger
17-07-2009, 00:20
Linkie please? so we can decide? :D

For Old Crow: http://www.oldcrowmodels.co.uk/25vehicles.htm

onnotangu
17-07-2009, 02:30
ogryns not worth the points. but funny to pop out of a chimera.

Ironmonger
17-07-2009, 03:43

I was asking for counts-as, as in 'What would the models of Pig Iron Productions be closest to the equivalent of Games Workshop Imperial Guard figures?', not the validity of one unit or another.

...though they are worth the points.:evilgrin:

Edonil
17-07-2009, 04:58
I really like the idea of the Wardroids as Ogryns...may need to steal that. Although, I think they're a bit too heavily armored?

boogle
17-07-2009, 07:49
I really like the idea of the Wardroids as Ogryns...may need to steal that. Although, I think they're a bit too heavily armored?

The Armour could also be reason for them being T5

ashc
17-07-2009, 08:24

Ogryns are far better than they were, quite a few of the old IG players on here have been surprised with how useful they are as a counterassault unit once more, as opposed to being forced to field more rough riders :p

Nephilim
17-07-2009, 08:37
Hi Ironmonger, I've got a load of the Kolony militia - you may be interested from your Ad mech side that I proxy mine as Techguard for an Admech force I am slowly assembling. Don't forget the command pack to get your comms guy and leader from. I have been petitioning Lisa and Simon to release some figures without arms or figures that would be compatible with GW IG Heavy Weapons. Go ahead and email them as well if you would like to see them. The vehilce varaition they do is fantastic and can easily work as a chimera right up to a MBT - it is nearly the length of a landraider. The Old Crow vehicles are smaller (but cheaper) I have several of the small jeeps - maybe proxy as a sentinel and the longer jeep - god knows what to use it as a centaur maybe ? The Old Crow vehicles are a little plain and need some detailing to bring out the best of them. Good luck with your project, they are fun to paint and won't break the bank !

Nephilim

boogle
17-07-2009, 15:00
Lee Harvey's work on the Pig Iron Tanks is great

Nephilim
17-07-2009, 15:46
Nearly forgot - don't forget the missile teams - use them individually as a grenade launcher or souped up in pairs as ML's !

Nephilim